Telemetry Apps for Console

• Thread starter jimmy_b_84
  • 175 comments
Thanks for the info jimmy. What did you do to get HUD dash working? I just downloaded it, picked pcars in the app. In the game i set udp to 5.. After this I tried to play but nothing happened. Did you do anything else?

The in-app setup guide recommends that you set udp to 1. I tried with both my Nexus 5 and my old galaxy s3 yesterday. Both worked like a charm.

Got mine working on iPhone straight away, great app...question though....

How early should the shift lights start in the rev range ?? At the moment mine don't start illuminating till I get close to red line then it all seems to happen in a rush. I would have thought that the response would have been much more linear, i.e. 1000 rpm is 1 green light up to red just on the redline of the car being driven ??

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the info jimmy. What did you do to get HUD dash working? I just downloaded it, picked pcars in the app. In the game i set udp to 5.. After this I tried to play but nothing happened. Did you do anything else?
I don't recall doing anything else, I've just checked the app for further setting but cannot see anything.

Check in "connection" via menu just check what port your device is connected too, it should be 5606.

If that all correct might want to message developer or check router options, some can be forced to send UDP but like I said I'm not technical, the info is on official forum somewhere

I don't recall doing anything else, I've just checked the app for further setting but cannot see anything.

Check in "connection" via menu just check what port your device is connected too, it should be 5606.

If that all correct might want to message developer or check router options, some can be forced to send UDP but like I said I'm not technical, the info is on official forum somewhere

I got Hud Dash free version to work as well. But it did not work at first..

Turned on UDP in the game set it to 5 opened Hud dash on my Droid Turbo selected project cars from the drop down. Went on to the track and nothing.. I exited the track looked through the menus again. On Hud Dash I selected a different game (Asseto Corsa I think) then set it back to project cars. Went back out on the track and for some reason it worked after that. I did not really race with it, did not even setup my wheel, just wanted to see it work.

It seemed to respond a bit slow (RPM lights) .. but I thought higher UDP was faster not slower so I guess if I go back and set it to 1 it might be ok.

It has to be a network problem, since I tried everything. I tried changing game in the app, tried different UDP numbers in the game but nothing happened. Today i will have a look at the router settings, maybe I find a solution. Thanks for your help guys, I will let you know if I solve the problem.

Not sure what was going on last night after a race or 2 the tablet stopped working with any of the apps crewchief/hud dash/pCars dash but my phone was running them all fine . Maybe the latest updates did something

this has just been posted by developer of PCARS dash

Hi All,

I have an email from one of the pCars Dash users today who had been having lag issues with his iPhone6, his problem turned out to be his router. This is what he said

"Been messing about with the router and its settings tonight. I know the Xbox one normally runs on 2.4ghz (automatically) but I have deleted all devices from 5ghz, renamed it so it runs as a different wirless connection and connected the Xbox, and iPhone and IPad all on the new network. There are only these three devices running.

Bothe devices now work seamlessly on UDP 3.

I know it's fixed for now (hopefully for good) but though i would tell you the work around I have done if anybody else has the same problem!
"

So it sounds like he might have had some devices connecting by 5Ghz, while some were connected on 2.4Ghz. I would imagine the packet routing between the wifi two networks probbaly resulted in the lag. Moving them to a single network fixed his issue. The same may occur if you have multiple networks (SSIDs) setup even on the same frequency, or if you have range extenders or multiple APs doing seamless roaming.

hope it helps

this has just been posted by developer of PCARS dash

Hi All,

I have an email from one of the pCars Dash users today who had been having lag issues with his iPhone6, his problem turned out to be his router. This is what he said

"Been messing about with the router and its settings tonight. I know the Xbox one normally runs on 2.4ghz (automatically) but I have deleted all devices from 5ghz, renamed it so it runs as a different wirless connection and connected the Xbox, and iPhone and IPad all on the new network. There are only these three devices running.

Bothe devices now work seamlessly on UDP 3.

I know it's fixed for now (hopefully for good) but though i would tell you the work around I have done if anybody else has the same problem!
"

So it sounds like he might have had some devices connecting by 5Ghz, while some were connected on 2.4Ghz. I would imagine the packet routing between the wifi two networks probbaly resulted in the lag. Moving them to a single network fixed his issue. The same may occur if you have multiple networks (SSIDs) setup even on the same frequency, or if you have range extenders or multiple APs doing seamless roaming.

hope it helps
My biggest gripe with the app is the endless 'car left/right, still there, left/right side clear' that happens with almost every pass. I understand it must be hard for the app to determine whether you're driving through a pack or a single car, but it gets irritating fast. I like all other info he gives, just wish the frequency of some comms was turned down. Should really email the app dev my thoughts...

My biggest gripe with the app is the endless 'car left/right, still there, left/right side clear' that happens with almost every pass. I understand it must be hard for the app to determine whether you're driving through a pack or a single car, but it gets irritating fast. I like all other info he gives, just wish the frequency of some comms was turned down. Should really email the app dev my thoughts...

he has released an update yesterday regarding these matters, might want to check his thread. Should be able to get update for android. You can also turn spotter function off.

he has released an update yesterday regarding these matters, might want to check his thread. Should be able to get update for android. You can also turn spotter function off.
Cheers. And I just realised you were talking about pCARS dash and not Crew Chief lol. Not got a problem with Dash. I'll check my eyes next time haha

EDIT: also just noticed if you click the Properties box in Crew Chief a load of check boxes appear where it looks like specific pit messages can be disabled, as well as the spotter, and their frequency. There's even one called 'sweary messages' on/off. Definitely will turn that one next time I think!

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to simultaneously run CrewChief and pCars Dash on the same device? I've tried but I dont think its possible.

You can. You need to launch Crew Chief first, then start pCars Dash.
I get this error message on pcars dash 'unable to establish a udp socket on port 5606! Address already in use'
Is there any settings that need to be changed in either pcars dash or crew chief?

I get this error message on pcars dash 'unable to establish a udp socket on port 5606! Address already in use'
Is there any settings that need to be changed in either pcars dash or crew chief?

they have both been updated, make sure they are up to date as it should work

I think it's a great feature on Consoles, the price point is a bit high and might put some people off but sInce those that still play PCars are more hardcore it still might sell well. I enjoy it, but it surely can have some more options in the future.
Setup was ridiculously easy tho.

Got two devices running simultaneously with this today. Crew chief runs great in background while one device shows split times and the other showing Fuel, tyres & damage.

Thinking of adding a third above the wheel for shift lights...

Great addition for console gamers!

Does the Crew Cheif app work for PS4 users now?

im lost here..

i got the app. paid $8.00 for it.

i need the telemetry reader. do i download that onto the Tablet?
becausr i tried that and it said 'cannot open file'.

Im usless with computers hence why i have a console lol..
help

EDIT.
SORTED THANKS

Last edited:
im lost here..

i got the app. paid $8.00 for it.

i need the telemetry reader. do i download that onto the Tablet?
becausr i tried that and it said 'cannot open file'.

Im usless with computers hence why i have a console lol..
help

Which app are you using?
If on Pcars Dash - make sure you use it in UDP mode (right option). Also ensure you go to gameplay settings within Pcars and select UDP 5.
If in crew chief you also need to ensure that UDP is enabled within the game.

You can also use both simultaneously on the same device ( run crew chief first)

Back