Tell us about your Nations and Manufacturers race

• Thread starter Tekku
  • 427 comments
Maybe. But it didn't feel like it was spinning or losing grip until it was too late and then I turned the wheel to the right but couldn't even avoid the barrier. :/ Well it's over now maybe tomorrow will be better.

I think less A/S people are participating in the Manufacturers Cup due to the obvious difference amomg cars. I gave up the Gr.4 races because the M4 sucks. Will try the Gr.3 races with the M6 but I'm sure other people won't.

The Manufacturers Cup is a joke tbh. If you signed for the right brand, you can win. If you signer for the wrong one, you better stay off because you will probably lose positions on track and maybe lower your DR.

@Lord Protector Didn't see that. You were too far in front ^^. That sucks. You had a cracking Qualifying lap though. I wanna see it. :D

Don't do that. You can be the fastest driver of that Manufacturer and that will MEAN something too! I sure wanna be the best driver of Subaru but it looks like @Firehuntah will take the 1st place.

I too don't have a chance of winning most races in my speed category but what the hell. :)

Don't do that. You can be the fastest driver of that Manufacturer and that will MEAN something too! I sure wanna be the best driver of Subaru but it looks like @Firehuntah will take the 1st place.

I too don't have a chance of winning most races in my speed category but what the hell. :)

Agreed, I like the difference in cars, sure my Mazda might not be the fastest, but it's still racing and I enjoy the different makes all around the track.

Had my first rage quit today during the nations race. I have no idea if this is the case but I noticed that my grip wasn't as good in the race as it was in qualifying. I ended up going wide in almost every corner on the first lap as a result. Finally lost control, started spinning, and then dropped from 2nd place to almost last. Lost all motivation and just quit the race. What a **** show. :ouch:

On two successive days in the Nations Cup on a secondary account I've:

* Qualified on the front row
* Taken a comfortable lead
* Been disconnected halfway through lap 7

First at Interlagos yesterday (leading by 4.5s) and then again at Brands Hatch today (leading by 11s).

Spent six hours today mastering the reverse Dragon Trail for this, I haven't got many hours for gaming on weekdays and because only three of our finishes count, I planned to compete on the races that I liked more. After the qualifiers our cars weren't on the track and the game kicked us out. I am so dissapointed right now... Please PD make something for this it's really awfull for many of us.

I will never choose to compete on the last race again.

p2cj1ge.jpg

I hope so but you never know. :P If you have some more luck in the next few races and your top 3 results are higher than mine you can still take #1. But I'm finally DR A as well now so can hopefully get some more points, if I'm lucky with the matchmaking that is. ;)

Anyway, todays races. One I was thinking of not posting but I kind of want to post all of them for test season 1. So lets start off with this really bad one. For round 3 we all had to drive with the Aston Martin V8 Vantage at Dragon Trail II (Reverse). This car was really awful to drive, felt like it had a lot of weight at the back and didn't have much grip really. Qualifying already went bad, only getting 8th but the race was even worse. On lap 2 I tried to outbrake another driver on the inside of corner 1 but it went horribly wrong. I couldn't stop the car in time and managed to hit 2 other drivers pretty hard. This really sucked, I'm always a very clean driver and my last accident like this must have been years ago in GT6 or so. Felt really bad after that but thankfully the other drivers managed to take back some positions again and me finishing 10th in the end. I guess after the crash it wasn't too bad of a race. But I don't know if I'm ever touching that car again.

The third round in test season 1 of the FIA GT Manufacturer Series, racing with the Subaru WRX Gr.3 at Brands Hatch GP. Thankfully after the third Nations Cup race this one was a lot better. Had a few nice battles, one which lasted quite a long time side by side. :) Unfortunately the WRX wasn't really fast enough here to compete with the Alfa 4C's and Audi TT's. I was really pushing to get the max laptimes out of that WRX but only got to 6th in the end.

@Firehuntah I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a bad qualifying with the Vantage. I spun before my first flying lap, and I had to do my lap in the traffic. But I agree that car wasn't great, and the Porsche incoming seems to be worse.

Yesterday's Nations race at Blue Moon Bay was a write-off. Qualified 2nd, and I fought a hard battle with 3 other guys for the top spot. I was 4th going into lap 10, and suddenly the driver in front of me brake checks me just before turn 1. I reacted quickly, but still hit his rear and ended up getting a 10-second penalty. At that point, it was race over. I slowed down to rid myself of the penalty, dropping down to 8th and staying there until the end of the race. Meanwhile, the brake checker goes on to win the race, no penalty whatsoever!

I mean, seriously?! I get brake checked and I'M the one who gets penalized, despite my quick reaction to try and avoid incident? Why?! The guy says afterwards that the radar showed that he had enough room to brake early. Yeah, no. He broke at the 200m board when the ideal braking zone is 100m, and I was only a car length behind him. Not only that, but he was driving extremely aggressive earlier on in the race, causing a crash behind him at Turn 1, in Lap 1, and he nearly pushed me into a wall in Turn 3 on Lap 5. Based on his aggressive (dare I say, dirty) driving, I have no reason to believe that the brake check wasn't intentional.

Anyway, there's no point in arguing it now, it doesn't change the race results, after all. All I want to know is why I get a penalty for being brake checked, while the brake checker gets off scot-free. Ridiculous. 👎

If a guy name Bluls350 is in your lobby, run. Ruined everyone’s qualifying laps by blocking and ramming. Then starts doing it again during the race. Luckily he spun out on the fifth lap of causing a traffic jam which led to the top 8 gapping us.

Some people just suck at driving and it drives me nuts !!!! Stop ****ing bumping into people at the curves and use your damn brakes man it's not fair!!!! I started a race 5th but in the first curve I get bumped from the back and end up in last place I gained some spots within the laps and ended up on 5th again smh so frustrating

Well, missed my braking point, then after going into the sand, the whole rest of the race felt like I was on Comfort tires, and I don’t know why. Especially at 3:22. Car just broke loose for no reason.

One thing I wish some players would understand is during qualifying if you run off of the track the lap is done. There's no realistic benefit to dragging yourself back onto track as fast as you can and it only ruins the flying laps of those behind you.

One thing I wish some players would understand is during qualifying if you run off of the track the lap is done. There's no realistic benefit to dragging yourself back onto track as fast as you can and it only ruins the flying laps of those behind you.
This. So much this. Atleast look before rejoining the track where people are.

No but if you back off and let everyone pass you then that could make the difference between getting an extra lap to set a time with or not at the end.

Easy solution: invalidate lap after going off track and ghost the driver til the end of the lap.

I skipped Brands hatch and dragon trails completely.
Did some hotlaps on them, but figured soon enough, that a race on those tracks will be a ****-show. The Aston Martin drove awfully too, so I guess lots of ramming in this race.
And who the hell knows the reversed Dragon Trail? Guess this would be even worse with missed braking points and penalties. No thanks...

Also, I said it once? Whats up with the Gr.1 Cars? Not a single race for them so far...

Well I was unaware I can only take part in one race around Brands Hatch, if I would have known that I would have practiced for more than 10 minutes before the race. It was fun though and the racing was pretty clean for the most part, I made a lot of errors due to my inexperience with the wrx around that track but I still ended up in 5th place somehow.

Too bad I won't have time to do the rest of the races this week, these races start at 10pm for me which is difficult when I have to get up at 5am for work in the morning. :rolleyes:

I only have two major gripes with these races so far.

1. I wish we were ghosted in qualy, there are just way too many idiots in thesie lobbies who blantantly block other people's fast laps even when their own lap is already completely ruined.

2. Let us complete our final qualifying lap if the timer runs out instead of just ending the session right away.

Last edited:
Well, missed my braking point, then after going into the sand, the whole rest of the race felt like I was on Comfort tires, and I don’t know why. Especially at 3:22. Car just broke loose for no reason.

The explanation for the crash at 3:22 is probably in the same video. The lap before it, you approached that section lifting off quite a lot before the little bump on top of the hill, while when you crashed you didn't. That made the tires lose enough traction over that bump to cause a spin, also because you applied quite a lot of steering angle right on top of that bump in comparison with the lap before, where you started steering before the bump, taking a smoother line. That's a tricky section on a road car with soft suspensions, no downforce and road tires, so even the traction control can't help so much.
Also, you should make your downshifting from 4th to 2nd gear more smoother, again it's a road car and has long gearing. You maybe can get away with that aggressive "jump" of the 3rd gear while braking on a perfect straight line but if you're applying even a tiny steering angle it's basically like you're tapping the handbrake for a moment. There's a big difference between the speed of the car in 4th and the speed the rear axle can "sustain" while in 2nd gear, noticeable by the engine hitting the rev limiter.
Having said that, I'm not here to teach driving lessons to anybody, I'm full seconds slower than some of the times I've seen from some guys above in this topic and that says it all. I'm just trying to help.

Had a vey enjoyable manufacturer cup race last night. 22.10 UK time. Using the Mazda gr.4. Qualified 3rd, made a few silly mistakes on lap 1, running wide at hawthorns being one and dropped back to 4th, had a fantastic battle for third whilst being pressured by fifth, eventually got past into 3rd and caught the leaders, 2nd went wide st paddock hill at lap 6, then gave chase to the leader and we both made mistakes into paddock, fortunately I was able to keep most of the car on track and passed him whilst he dug out of the gravel.

Over the next 3 and a bit laps extended my lead to 7 seconds and took my first Sport win. Exceptional racing, hard and clean.

So my second manufacturer race yesterday was met with a rough start.
Mr. Mario Kart GT-R starting in 10th rams 9th in the first corner of brands hatch, I let them both fly through then continue.
Somehow he stays on the track, and proceeds to use me as a barrier around the hairpin of turn 2, I doubt he gets a penalty as the contact was light, but he rams on the gas and uses the whole width of the track with me pressed to his drivers door and pushes me wide into the grass.

He then dive bombs turn 3, kicks a car out wide, causes some congestion that I brake for to try and avoid and P10 punts me into the grass.
By the time I'm back on track I'm in 20th, and finish the race in 17th

My GT86 is horrendously slow and has no grip so I've given up.
I did some Gr4 testing, in the Scirocco and GTR i can run 2-3 seconds faster per lap. BOP hasn't worked at all imho.

The FIA races, with the Aston yesterday, got pole and won the race buy 4 seconds. looking forward to todays race.

My GT86 is horrendously slow and has no grip so I've given up.
I did some Gr4 testing, in the Scirocco and GTR i can run 2-3 seconds faster per lap. BOP hasn't worked at all imho.

The FIA races, with the Aston yesterday, got pole and won the race buy 4 seconds. looking forward to todays race.

Some of the cars are slower than others, but PD has shown they are willing to balance BOP moving forward. This is only a test season, so I expect we'll see more changes in the future.
As it stands I think the Lexus, Toyota and Ford GR.4 cars could be better.

Todays race is GR.3 in the manufacturer cup, and the Toyota GR.3 car is worth driving.

Also, keep in mind you can see your ranking compared to other drivers of your car in your region, so you can see how good you've done compared to other Toyota drivers.

You can see you still have damage on your left rear wheel (and bumper) when you start cornering.

FiA Nations Cup Round 3 at Dragon trail reverse was intense. On the final lap I got into my rhythm and got the overtake on the final corner for an exciting battle. During the race there were moments to battle, allow the faster car through, or just maintain racing line and be patient. Its better to be patient, theres alot of racing left, unless it is the final lap. Overall my impressions of the sportsmanship matching appear to be working.

Latest Posts

Back