Tesla Model 3 General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 593 comments
The_Matrix__DivX__110_0001_1769.jpg

Well, I'm disappointed. The front is disgusting without a faux grille like on the Model S. Hell, anything to break up that bland front end would have sufficed, but there's nothing attractive about that. The wheels are terrible.

I wish they kept at least the top part of the faux grill like the X. It looks awkward without it. Also, the interior definitely shows their plans in autonomous cars. The driver doesn't even have an instrument cluster.

It looks awesome. It preserves the functional shape of the other cars as I had hoped. I want to see more pictures of the inside. I really hope that giant iMac they plopped in the center of the car is an OLED panel so that I don't have to be blinded at night by crummy black levels.

I wish they kept at least the top part of the faux grill like the X. It looks awkward without it. Also, the interior definitely shows their plans in autonomous cars. The driver doesn't even have an instrument cluster.

Personally, this is better to me than the Model X beak grille thing. Like others have said, a Model S style "grille" would have suited it though

The front end looks like Tesla just gave up on and design the rest of it.

Why on God's green earth would you want a grill on an electric car? Why even have a grill break like on the X? It doesn't make any sense and all it does is make it more difficult to have the front of the car clear bra'd. I'm glad they did it how they did.

What stuttered more, Elon or the video feed?
:lol: this is my first time watching him in a presentation and I never realized how much he stuttered. He also looks like an evil genius on stage. Especially when he thanked everyone for buying the S and X to fund the 3.

I really hate the fact that the car is basically a solar oven. It's a greenhouse. Great if you live in the cold, but getting into one of these on a Florida summer day is going to be like taking a seat in hell. Hope it's got one heck of an efficient A/C system and that it doesn't suck battery and destroy your range keeping cool.

It looks like a mix between a Focus and Panamera.
Why on God's green earth would you want a grill on an electric car? Why even have a grill break like on the X? It doesn't make any sense and all it does is make it more difficult to have the front of the car clear bra'd. I'm glad they did it how they did.
I feel as if they could've added something to it, it just feels so blank and stale without anything. I was almost certain that they would've incorporated the "3" symbol in the front somewhere.

By grill, I don't mean an actual grill for air intake. I just want a design on the front instead of just nothing. It looks disgusting without something in the vast piece of metal on the nose of the car. I think the Model X did it the best with a strip of black and the logo. It wasn't as big as normal grill but it still is enough to make it less awkward (?). If you don't understand, see the picture Eunos Cosmos posted.

If this is the future of motoring, then it looks bare and boring.

I have to laugh at the people that lined up for hours and days to dump a $1,000 on a car that they've never seen and won't get for another year. Imagine their reaction to this.

I'm just feeling bad because I was expecting a car, not a box with windows and a weird whistling sound.

I am with you. I think the front is actually the sexiest part of this car... The headlights and the nose up effect are very well done... People are going to change their mind once they see it in real...

Totally! That was the first thing i thought of when i saw it...

I wish i have the money to buy Tesla stock...

Back