Tesla Model S- P100D confirmed

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 356 comments
Looks great, hopefully this front will be on the production 3.

I hope not, the Model S interior is the best thing stylstically about Tesla IMO.

I agree that it looks very cool. But it is severely lacking in storage space. And a common complaint is that it feels cheap and "plasticky". That is the one area it is most lacking in comparison to it's German counterparts.

Last edited:
That style of grille is what Tesla should move toward as their corporate face, and that definitely includes grafting it to the Model 3. Good looking, the Model S has been, and looks like it will continue to be.

Video tour of the facelifted Model S

Who's idea was it to not include door bins though? :confused:

It's a real shame they didn't restyle the rest of the front bumper. Those intakes are a bit too generic.

The bottom lip of the front bumper looks a bit different too. I'm not sure if it is the effect of removing the black cladding, but it looks sharper than before.

"If we use one of them there emoji-things, I reckon we'll get all them youngsters spendin' with us! Whatdya say, boss?

"Do it. Make me money."

That's what popped into my head after reading the comment @Dan made. :lol:

Is it not just signifying the 100th car being delivered to Australia? It would seem funny to hint at a future 100D with a pre-facelift model?

Given how poorly EVs are selling in Oz, I'd have thought that realistic.

That, and I'm not sure how much news an extra five or ten kilowatt-hours of capacity really is. It'd have thought it's inevitable progress. Yes, the range goes up by a few miles too and therefore the range bragging rights, but it's basically the same as a regular car manufacturer giving its cars a slightly bigger fuel tank.

Now if Tesla made a 100kWh battery half the weight of their 90kWh unit...

Video tour of the facelifted Model S

That styling doesn't work on the S. Makes the nose of the car have too much visual mass.

I actually don't like the face-lifted front styling all that much on the newer Model S cars. While it is still a fabulous car through and through, its front visage isn't all that handsome. I am more "don't really like" rather than "outright hate." This car still turns heads.

Aren't they missing from the current model, too? I'm sure there is a reason for it but it would really frustrate me if I owned one.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see P110D soon. BTW, these cars are insane. I wonder how much will they cost in Europe.

Poor supercars will be raped even more on strips. And a huge wave of envirnomentalists and greencar fans to finish them off. And to praise Tesla to Godcar abilities. Ugh, I hope it won't get this far.

We were discussing a while ago about if Teslas should have a designed grille and I just remembered this article I read on TTAC. They talk about how modern cars don't need large grilles that they still design (example from the source: Honda Odyssey's grille is mostly plastic, a Hellcat has less or equal amount of grille intake), because they get most of the air from underneath the car. The modern grille is more about design than actual functionality. Therefore, an argument could be made that Teslas should have a grille as a part of their design language.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/08/no-fixed-abode-triumph-grille/

We were discussing a while ago about if Teslas should have a designed grille and I just remembered this article I read on TTAC. They talk about how modern cars don't need large grilles that they still design (example from the source: Honda Odyssey's grille is mostly plastic, a Hellcat has less or equal amount of grille intake), because they get most of the air from underneath the car. The modern grille is more about design than actual functionality. Therefore, an argument could be made that Teslas should have a grille as a part of their design language.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/08/no-fixed-abode-triumph-grille/
Most of the air comes from the lower grille in the bumper, not the one between the headlights. No modern cars take air from underneath the car, they are mostly blocked off for aero + fuel economy reasons.

I know about that, and I don't mind it that much. It's the "a huge wave of envirnomentalists and greencar fans" that I fear.

Rimac is amazing and it's impressive that it's Croatian,
The thing I like about the Rimac is they actually take it to the track and not just a drag strip.

It also introduced me to Grobnik, never heard of that track before and it looks awesome.

Looks like the P100D is going right for the Veyron and Ariel Atom's throats, performance wise.

I like it. The front reminds me of the newer Aston Martin's. I have a good feeling that this ride will be popular for a long while. I've seen videos of people tweaking the Tesla Motors to push out enough power to out run the top of the line sports cars. Only issue is today's archaic battery technology.

Looks like the P100D is going right for the Veyron and Ariel Atom's throats, performance wise.
Veyron, yes, Atom, no. This new Tesla is very impressive that it can accelerate so fast and has a longer charge distance, but that is really all it can do. It is the same as the Veyron where it can do one thing really great, but that is it. The Veyron could reach crazy high speeds, which you could never use, and the Tesla can accelerate super fast, which you can never use. Both are still impressive engineering feats, but fairly pointless for consumers. Tesla needs to step up the quality of their interiors if they want to compete at that price point against guys like Mercedes.

Veyron, yes, Atom, no. This new Tesla is very impressive that it can accelerate so fast and has a longer charge distance, but that is really all it can do. It is the same as the Veyron where it can do one thing really great, but that is it. The Veyron could reach crazy high speeds, which you could never use, and the Tesla can accelerate super fast, which you can never use. Both are still impressive engineering feats, but fairly pointless for consumers. Tesla needs to step up the quality of their interiors if they want to compete at that price point against guys like Mercedes.
Or in the case of the Model X the quality of their everything.

Back