Tesla Roadster Super Lap

Does anyone have any advice to get this car to do a faster lap time?? As I am only .294 off Gold (I aim for Gold in every seasonal event.) I use a controller and tried @TurnLeft's tune (if anything that made me slower.) I am now using a custom tune with a slight set up on it, but it's still too slow.

Does anyone have any advice to get this car to do a faster lap time?? As I am only .294 off Gold (I aim for Gold in every seasonal event.) I use a controller and tried @TurnLeft's tune (if anything that made me slower.) I am now using a custom tune with a slight set up on it, but it's still too slow.
Sorry about that mate, the tuning on this thread was put out of frustration because I hadn't noticed the wet conditions, so I apologize and you are right about it being a tad bit slow, but I came back and did another tuning and got 1:02.822, position 430, which should get you gold, use the comfort soft tires they have better grip than the sport hard. Again sorry that you were mislead, but did you read what was written in the post before? Here is a faster way of doing it.
Tesla Roadster '08 ( 410PP/SH - Seasonal ), all the best and have a good day

Did you change tires to comfort softs?

I placed 599 with 1:04,662 at the moment

Suspension:
110 / 124
4,51 / 6,06
4 / 4
4 / 4
7 / 7
0,0 / 0,0
-0,10 / 0,00
Brakes:
7 / 8
Gearbox:
xxx
LSD:

Nice! finally got the gold with this set up using comfort soft tires and a technique of braking hard before the turn then turn into the corner letting the car basically coast/slide through the corners, it turned much more aggressively that way.

OK. Today is a sad day for me and my GT6 experience.
First of all - I made 1:04.4xx and I am ranked about 2600 currently, no aids whatsoever.
Second - the combination Tesla roadster/Tsukuba track/wet is the most dull I can think of. I don't like drifting.
Third - I like the Tesla so I put some effort into that event. Not surprisingly a lot of good people gave their setups and that's good because GTP has such a good community. The most prevailing setup for LSD is that - 5/60/5. I have a strange driving style but still if you have a certain car there are some settings that will work OK for that car and settings that will be not so good for that car. So in an effort to beat my time I tried the following settings - 25-20-12 and even stock suspension. To my surprise I was able to do consistent under 1:06.5 lap times, which is always gold as you know. Then made some suspension settings and - BAM! - 1:05.1xx, which is a tenth faster then my best time was so far. Next lap was -0.2xx in the last sector but I screwed the second to last corner. I mean - either I have the strangest driving style or ... there is something strange in that game.
Fourth - Then, out of frustration I thought once more about the combination Tesla/Tsukuba/wet/I-don't-like-drifting thing. And it occurred to me - I suck at drifting, why not use the DS3 instead of the wheel. And ... after just 5 laps, no aids at all - 1:04.4xx and I think I can go faster but ... actually I'm done with it. This is like 1/2 a second from nowhere, no tune on the setup, no nothing.
It could be just that I'm not good in drifting with a wheel. Yes, I admit that. But using the hidden DS3 assists of the controller opposed to the G27 wheel and the buggy support from PD ... that plain sucks!

101.357 with Sid's tune, thanks mate 👍 . Definitely another tenth there but probably not going to get back to this one before Thursday.

Thought I was done, then I noticed I had dropped out of the top 100. So had another go this morning and improved to 1:01.650, to get me back to 84th.
Still tinkering with the settings. Time improvements are probably more a factor of becoming a better driver, not having a better car.
Still comfort softs on inch up rims.
rh 110/80
sr 7.5/8
dc 6/8
de 8/10
arb 3/7
camb .5/0
toe -.07/-.15
brake 8/8
lsd 10/60/60
Downforce 20

I'll post my setup when this events finished but right now i'm keeping my cards close to my chest as i know ET is watching this thread because i told him about this great site on my other account ;)

I'll post my setup when this events finished but right now i'm keeping my cards close to my chest as i know ET is watching this thread because i told him about this great site on my other account ;)

Well that will be useful. :rolleyes: You know, I used to think that same way but then it occurred to me, am I holding back because I fear other people will beat me using my own setup or am I simply not confident enough in my own ability. Turns out it was the latter. ;)

I have been beaten numerous times by people using my own setup, not a big deal to me....and it shouldn't be to you either. If he beats you with your tune, just means he is more skilled than you...or he was just better than you on that certain day. Having been through that phase myself, I can look back and say it just doesn't make sense to me. I get the same satisfaction helping people as I do in beating any particular person.

Nothing personal, just felt like giving my views on your post.

Well that will be useful. :rolleyes: You know, I used to think that same way but then it occurred to me, am I holding back because I fear other people will beat me using my own setup or am I simply not confident enough in my own ability. Turns out it was the latter. ;)

I have been beaten numerous times by people using my own setup, not a big deal to me....and it shouldn't be to you either. If he beats you with your tune, just means he is more skilled than you...or he was just better than you on that certain day. Having been through that phase myself, I can look back and say it just doesn't make sense to me. I get the same satisfaction helping people as I do in beating any particular person.

Fair enough, that's your opinion but have you ever been in a seasonal event and thought i could win this? I doubt it mich. Just my opinion. And i won't bother posting my setup then if you think it won't be useful.

I'm just thankful theres skilled tuners like yourself willing to share, having said that I understand completely why the top top guys like crank withhold theres from public view, these guys have very similar ability to each other and the right tune can make that 0:001 difference, the winning or finishing no where. Theres no crime in wanting to 'WIN'

Cranks tune probably wouldn't work for the guy in second anyway, he uses a wheel, when there so little between aliens like that its more down to the physical time/laps.

my two cents/pennies :cheers:

I'm just thankful theres skilled tuners like yourself willing to share, having said that I understand completely why the top top guys like crank withhold theres from public view, these guys have very similar ability to each other and the right tune can make that 0:001 difference, the winning or finishing no where. Theres no crime in wanting to 'WIN'

Cranks tune probably wouldn't work for the guy in second anyway, he uses a wheel, when there so little between aliens like that its more down to the physical time/laps.

my two cents/pennies :cheers:
I've studied this guy on GranTurismo.net and his TTs are not much to right home about but his drift trials are very good so i know i'm up against a serious competitor. You never know though dusty he could get his DS3 out and just blitz my time if i give away my setup details. I aint taking that chance as this could be my first ever win.

Snip..... And i won't bother posting my setup then if you think it won't be useful.
I would find it interesting and useful!
I expect to have to detune a car that a top contender uses, as I do not have the reflexes or skills to drive it.
These events are both driving and tuning challenges. I would not expect racing garages to share information with other teams.

I would find it interesting and useful!
I expect to have to detune a car that a top contender uses, as I do not have the reflexes or skills to drive it.
These events are both driving and tuning challenges. I would not expect racing garages to share information with other teams.
I gave Fishylocked, CEDDARS and topladtay my setup as they are my friends and they improved their times by a substantial margin so it may come in handy for future events.

Fair enough, that's your opinion but have you ever been in a seasonal event and thought i could win this? I doubt it mich. Just my opinion. And i won't bother posting my setup then if you think it won't be useful.

No need to cop an attitude. All I meant is that it won't be very useful for people competing on the leaderboards if you post it after the rankings are closed. And if you want to keep your "toys" to yourself, that's fine too, I have my own. :sly: Also, no, I haven't been in the running to win one of these Seasonals as I am not at the same skill level as you, but I have been in enough other competitions where I was in the running and still shared my tunes/advice. Sometimes its more about giving and not so much about winning. I had to learn that the hard way.

Like I said, if he beats you with your tune, that just means he was better than you as you both would be competing on equal ground then...do you get where I'm going with this? Not trying to grind your gears, but I just see far too many of the "alien" type drivers not sharing their tunes and snubbing the rest of the lesser skilled people who might benefit a little from the help. I was just hoping you weren't going to become one of them because you seem like a genuinely nice guy/kid.

Anyways, I'll say no more about it as not to derail the thread. Good luck with your quest. :cheers:

You know Mich, i thought you were an ok bloke but reading some of your latest posts i'm beginning to think different. You say i have an attitude when you're rolling your eyes at me and then call me a kid??? I'm 34 years of age, i thought my signature would of given that away. All i wanted was to just keep my tune secret for this event only. Jeez! i've helped others out in previous events and some of the top players don't even help out at all. I don't want to fall out with you Mich so i'll send my tune to you if that makes you happy.

You know Mich, i thought you were an ok bloke but reading some of your latest posts i'm beginning to think different. You say i have an attitude when you're rolling your eyes at me and then call me a kid??? I'm 34 years of age, i thought my signature would of given that away. All i wanted was to just keep my tune secret for this event only. Jeez! i've helped others out in previous events and some of the top players don't even help out at all. I don't want to fall out with you Mich so i'll send my tune to you if that makes you happy.

Like I said, I don't need your tune, I have my own. I was more speaking about other people who may want to try your tune because they seemed to have had success with them in the past. Also, I never called you a kid, what I said was this,
"I was just hoping you weren't going to become one of them because you seem like a genuinely nice guy/kid."

Notice the bolded part. I purposely worded it that way because I was not sure of your age. (I don't make it a habit to read sigs.) Anyways, I have nothing against you and wish to continue to be a friend of yours. I was simply stating my opinion of your decision, and mostly speaking for the other people that have successfully used your tunes. I just don't think its fair to them, not worried about me as I am capable of coming up with something myself. I just think the more of the top guys that share their tunes, the better it is for the lesser skilled people, plus, maybe they might pick up something on how to tune cars for these TT's.

Anyways Crank, I still love ya my friend, :lol: just voicing my opinion. :cheers:

glad my base tune helped out others and you were able to change and go faster than me,good on ya's,while for me i will be very happy to make a top 100 currently 51st,i am always happy to make top 500..for now i am done with these until the new ones.....fast lines and :cheers: ev1

Ok.. Sorry Mich, my bad. I thought it was a snide remark but i guess you didn't know my age afterall. Anyway, i'm glad we are still buddies :cheers:

One more chip away at it. Now in 69th position with 1:01.557. A spot I would not mind finishing up in.:D(I did graduate high school in 1969!) Any way here are the settings.
Still comfort softs on inch up rims.
rh 100/75
sr 7.5/8
dc 6/8
de 8/10
arb 3/7
camb .5/0
toe -.15/.15
brake 8/7
lsd 20/60/60
Downforce 20
aaaaand Ballast 1kg at 50%

There is a easy way to make more true this game, when they put seasonals (normaly 3) one must be stock cars like the BMW M4 event, then we see who is the best with stocks, and some of this top guys that share in some teams tunes go down.
And like Ramon say to me (this is only a game) he he he!!!
You don´t win a **** with this.
Only one guy can win something wining GT ACADEMY, and even this one maybe after a year goes again to ps3!!!!
Please if you guys can put your tunes better bacause more people can play whith us this beatifull game, and will bring new kids to the game.
if you don´t believe in Lotus seasonal my kid with 10 makes 1.23 with trustmaster 500 auto gears with Mitch tune. Is bettter than me because I´m 40 and I make 1.18.
This is because if you guys can put many tunes, more people comes to improve in the game.
This top guys are very good, but better than them its every one that enjoy the game, they are not better me or you guys , only in the game and don´t win nothing in real life.
In real competition 90 % is money and 10 % is pilot, please don´t make the same to this game.
And one time more thanks Mitch to put yours tunes.

ENJOY THIS BEAUTIFUL GAME.

LOUROSA 46

Down to 1:01.460 for 55th. I keep posting my settings because I go to changing things and then get totally lost and need to come back here and refer back to regroup.:dunce:
rh 85/75
sr 4.30/8
dc 4/8
de 7/10
arb 4/7
camb 0/.1
toe 0/.20
brake 8/7
lsd 5/60/60
Downforce 20

I've studied this guy on GranTurismo.net and his TTs are not much to right home about but his drift trials are very good so i know i'm up against a serious competitor. You never know though dusty he could get his DS3 out and just blitz my time if i give away my setup details. I aint taking that chance as this could be my first ever win.
Hey mate, I'm playing on my mates account, crazyet23. I used to be a ds3 user on gt5, got 3 or 4 top tens with it. I played as onen1ghtstandeye a while back. Also known as iCam v1, llxcamxll from forza motorsport. Ex championship gaming series player for Sydney. Held over 100 records on forza, grid, f1, pgr, ferrari challenge. Any stats you see are my friends, Im practicing for gt academy australia. so yeah im a competitor

Hey mate, I'm playing on my mates account, crazyet23. I used to be a ds3 user on gt5, got 3 or 4 top tens with it. I played as onen1ghtstandeye a while back. Also known as iCam v1, llxcamxll from forza motorsport. Ex championship gaming series player for Sydney. Held over 100 records on forza, grid, f1, pgr, ferrari challenge. Any stats you see are my friends, Im practicing for gt academy australia. so yeah im a competitor

Welcome to GTPlanet. Sweet lap. 👍

And I've also found people aren't too forthcoming about their setups. But I'll let everyone in on a secret, usually its down to best hp per ftp tq, wieght distro and trans. I asked heaps of people about setup hints, wheel setups as I have always been a controller user and for last few weeks through trial and error have worked a few things out. Controller sens is key aswell but peeps don't even like sharing that either. Its actually quite sad.

Back