Fly Me To The Moon Tuning Garage

• Thread starter TurnLeft
  • 159 comments
Honda NSX Type R '02 ( 550PP / RS ) Tuned for International A Rain Masters (PP Limit 650)
Tuning.jpg

I've been trying to see why PD has included Flat Floors. I've tried it on snow, dirt and road, all of them gave mediocre results. Last thing to try it on was rain, except for the La Sarthe track where top speed is very important, I had great results on Spa and Nurburgring. I beat both the Huayra and Ferrari FXX easily on these two tracks. On Spa I had a 15 second lead, and on the Nurburgring a 20 second lead (crashed x2). On De La Sarthe my lead was 3.939 seconds, and on the last long straight before the final curves I had to block the FXX. Since there were no tire restrictions I tried both Intermediate Rain and Race Soft, I chose Race Soft because I liked more the feel of the car with them. Diver controls = ABS1, all else off. As always, comments are welcomed.

Picture 1.png

Return To Index

Last edited:
Oullim Motors Spirra Prototype '04 (530PP/SS) for International B - Super Car Festival (630PP limit)
Front.jpg

I wanted an underdog car for this race, drives really well, it's always fun beating beating renowned super cars.
Picture 1.png

Return To Index

Last edited:
C o f f e e B r e a k T i m e ... Daihatsu Midget II D Type '98
teddy-on-a-coffee-break-23358-1920x1200.jpg

This is what I do during my GT6 coffee time, I go out buy some cars and try to make them do things they weren't meant to do. My first one was the Subaru 360 which could do wheelies, I called it the 'XS Special' as a thank you to XS for his GT6 Tune Directory . Sort of funny that the tune was excessive and that the name has two meanings (XS or Excess). This new one does the opposite, it does stoppies. I thought I would have to do extreme settings to get this working but it wasn't the case. It's a combination of balance, grip, and speed. I had a blast doing this tune and even more fun taking pictures of it. if you want to take a look, after the tuning sheet I put a link where you can see this vehicle with the anti-gravity setting, doing real parallel parking and going to warp speed. Hope you have as much fun as me, good day to you all.

Front-1.jpg

Picture 1.png

Anti-Gravity/Parallel Parking/Warp Speed

Return To Index

Last edited:
DBM
Great Tune, gained 1.5 seconds with it, so on a 1:28.xxx
but only after I set the rear camber to 0.00, at 9.9 I could not drive the car, so I guess it's a typo, esp as camber currently only has negative results, i.e. will only decrease grip.
Real sorry about that, it should be 0.00, happy that you sorted it out and that you were able to get a better lap, also big thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment, it's really appreciated:cheers:.(Will be corrected tomorrow.)

[Quote = "turnleft, après: 9434797, membre: 251965"] T oyota Supra GT 3.0 Turbo A '88 (500PP / SS) pour International B - Tour du Japon (600PP)
[Attach = full] 125345 [/ attach]
Un de mes voitures préférées, rapides et agiles pour sa catégorie.
[Attach = full] 125346 [/ attach] [/ quote]

Hi Frank,
I like the cars of the '80 / '90 year, so I could not help but test the Supra
nice job, efficient and pleasant car 👍
a little heavy on Suzuka with long straight lines and the speed it should be anticipated braking !!! :mischievous:
I just add a body kit and rims bigger story to give it a little more Look
continue like this, it's great :cheers:
13102981443_c7796c3084.jpg

[Quote = "turnleft, après: 9434797, membre: 251965"] T oyota Supra GT 3.0 Turbo A '88 (500PP / SS) pour International B - Tour du Japon (600PP)
[Attach = full] 125345 [/ attach]
Un de mes voitures préférées, rapides et agiles pour sa catégorie.
[Attach = full] 125346 [/ attach] [/ quote]

Hi Frank,
I like the cars of the '80 / '90 year, so I could not help but test the Supra
nice job, efficient and pleasant car 👍
a little heavy on Suzuka with long straight lines and the speed it should be anticipated braking !!! :mischievous:
I just add a body kit and rims bigger story to give it a little more Look
continue like this, it's great :cheers:
13102981443_c7796c3084.jpg
I know know just what you need, (AMG190E with a V12 ), but thanks for the compliment and the feedback, as soon as I get a chance I'll go see what I can do about the brakes and speed, though I know they will never be fast enough for you:lol:. I'm putting in extra time on the Stratos for the Difficult Car Spotlight - Lancia Stratos, I've been able to get it a couple of seconds down from my original setup, the guys are of great help:tup:. I'm now running at 1:35.690 on Trial Mountain with SS at 450PP, I have to go now test Jakedog23 and Praiano's tune-ups for their review. Bonne Journee:cheers:. (Later today I will go do the setup for the transmission and LSD for the AMG190, will send you a post when ready.)

I know know just what you need, (AMG190E with a V12 ), but thanks for the compliment and the feedback, as soon as I get a chance I'll go see what I can do about the brakes and speed, though I know they will never be fast enough for you:lol:. I'm putting in extra time on the Stratos for the Difficult Car Spotlight - Lancia Stratos, I've been able to get it a couple of seconds down from my original setup, the guys are of great help:tup:. I'm now running at 1:35.690 on Trial Mountain with SS at 450PP, I have to go now test Jakedog23 and Praiano's tune-ups for their review. Bonne Journee:cheers:. (Later today I will go do the setup for the transmission and LSD for the AMG190, will send you a post when ready.)

h ok, not exactly ... it has a good speed, what I want to say that it is a bit heavy and with this speed on Suzuka we must anticipate braking, but it is very stable braking too, you know what i mean ??
do not annoy you spend time on, it was just a remark, it is your property and you have enough work to do
I'll try to find some linberter to come and test every link shared on Stratos, a nice car also :)

Tesla Roadster '08 - Seasonal - 477PP / SH
Tesla Front.jpg

or
When The Ridiculous Kills

EDIT: I wrote the following before I realized that the track was in " WET CONDITIONS", I never thought that the road would be wet with a bright sunny sky out there, funny how when we look back at our past we can learn so much about ourselves, in my case the word impatience comes to mind :lol:.

After hours of tuning and trying so many things out, I came to the conclusion that PD wanted to make a drift trial, cause thats the only way your gonna get your time down. With one of my many variations of this car I got a time of 1:04.020, but what really got me frustrated was that the settings had much less control than usually, or at least it seems to me. Being really frustrated with this and thinking that this is utterly ridiculous, I decided to make a setup that would honor them. Before doing my last setup I tried so many extreme things like front height full up, rear height full down and I was getting the same lap times. This is what gave me the idea for this. With this setup I got GOLD with 1:06.441, what I did was use every adjustable parameter as if it was an on/off switch, or if you want lowest/highest value. The set up is just below the picture. By the way I have nothing against drifting trials, only just say what it is. I have never spoken negatively about anyone on this forum before, but sometimes its just to much.

........the first setting is the one that got me 1:04.020, the other is .... at your risk......

tesla2.png Picture 2.png

Return To Index

Last edited:
Renault Sport Clio R.S. '11 - Seasonal - 420PP / CS _______Best Lap:0:52.731
clio 1.jpg

This one was, and still is a hard one, I'll need to try some more of their cars in the future, there are a few things that I don't fully grasp, if you want to get real good times you have to find the perfect driving lines and I'm not the best to find those but I still managed 0:54.353 with only abs1 on, and then with SRF on I brought down my time to 0:52.731 .
I do all my tunings with ABS1 and everthing else off (except the driving line). I took three different versions to the track, with this one I got the best lap times, just powered up I got the gold on a lucky lap at 0:54.975, then added the LSD and brought it down to 1:54.907, and then I spent 4 hours trying to set up the suspension, couldn't find anything that would really help me, it seemed that the original setup always gave me better results, I then tried the Race Hsrd and Race Soft suspensions, no better. Then I said lets try the GT6 Quick Tune, that too didn't help me. Finally took a break and came back to try something different, let's make the springs softer and bring up the ARB, when finally all tuned my time was 0:54.353 . A whole half second faster, wow. pretty much demoralized I turned on the SRF, time= 0:52.731 (at the time of writing this I was at position 270) my best ever, though its far from over. If I was to rate my tuning on this car I'd give it a 5/10, even though I got a really good lap time, I'm far from being satisfied with what I've done, I think there must be some way to make this car turn faster than it does. I'm going to work on my Miata now, that one is really fun to tune and drive.(will be posting it soon, presently at 1:29.587, position 767.)
Have fun and enjoy the ride, and remember, if you can't make it right, turn left.

Picture 2.png

Return To Index

Last edited:
I would like to say a big welcome to seb15000, my first test pilot. The help and friendship is most graciously appreciated. It really helps getting data and feedback from other drivers and tuners to reach higher goals. So thank you, a++ TurnLeft.
champagne4.jpg

:cheers: 👍 Merci Beaucoup 👍 :cheers:

Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 - Seasonal - 410PP / CS
Tuned and Tested by: TurnLeft & seb15000

Roadster Front.jpg

This one was a delight to do, even though I'm not as high on the scoreboard as with my Clio, I've had a lot more fun with this one. A big reason is because of the collaboration with seb15000 whose dedication and hard work helped us pull this off. My best time with SRF was 1:28.341 1:28.083, Seb's best time was 1:30.047 1:29.703 with no SRF which is very good. If you do try this we would appreciate if you could give us some feedback, we do want to make the best tunings that we can. Thank you for dropping by and have a good day.

roadster upgrade.png

Return To Index

Last edited:
Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe '62 ( 349PP / SH ) for Novice/Amature Cup 450PP Limit
Front-2.jpg

*** The Funk Car *** Tuned & Tested by:TurnLeft

I only wrote that it is made for the amature cup so that XS would put it in his index. I did win the races but if you want to have some fun try this, put the ballast at 200kg@-50 and you'll have an amazing stoppie car. Put the ballast at 200kg@+50, drive in a straight line then make the weight shift by turning right/left, right/left, you'll feel like your in a rodeo and once you get the hang of it you won't be able to stop. I almost forgot put some SS tires it gives more grip, easier to the funk. You don't have to put the nitrous if you don't do the races.
Show off 1.png
Show off 2.png

Picture 4.png

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::gtpflag:Have fun and get the funk out of your hair :gtpflag::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Return To Index

Last edited:
Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 - Seasonal - 410PP / CS
Tuned and Tested by: TurnLeft & seb15000

View attachment 129869
This one was a delight to do, even though I'm not as high on the scoreboard as with my Clio, I've had a lot more fun with this one. A big reason is because of the collaboration with seb15000 whose dedication and hard work helped us pull this off. My best time with SRF was 1:28.341, Seb's best time was 1:30.047 with no SRF which is very good. If you do try this we would appreciate if you could give us some feedback, we do want to make the best tunings that we can. Thank you for dropping by and have a good day.

View attachment 129873

Hey, hello and thank you to you Frank for your work, very good setup 👍
here is a little video of 1.30.047

Re:

Great tune! I tried several tunes before your's and couldn't get under 55 sec. With your tune I got a 54.257. Thanks much. :cheers:
Thank you for the compliment and for taking the time to leave a message. If you have the time and try the Roadster I think it's even better, I'll be making a last minute upgrade (in about ten minutes) which made both seb15000 and my lap times go down .300 of a second. Have a good day.:cheers:

nice tune mate give me 1:28:021 at second lap, but i think i can improve this time
That's great, but I'm thinking, "hey I just went down on the leader board :mad::lol:", real cool that you got a good time and I truly hope that you can do even better, it's a good feeling to know that someone is doing fast lap times with your tuning setup. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a message, much appreciated, Have a good day 👍

POWER / LIMITER / WEIGHT - TESTS
Here I've compiled some of the testing I do now to power up a car, it's long but you do at times find the rare equation that will make your car outstanding, and that makes it all worth while.

The reason I chose the Lotus Elan S1 '62 is to enter it in the National B - 5 Minute races with a power limit of 500PP.
It's already at 398PP and the max I want to go to is 400PP.
Picture 1.png Picture 2.png

Return To Index

Last edited:
Subaru Impreza Coupe 22B-STI Ver. '98 - Seasonal - 500PP / SH
Tuned & tested by TurnLeft ,
best lap time - 1:18.030

Yea! Got my time down from 1:21.8 to 1:20.478 with this tune. 👍
I made 2 minor changes; set the front toe to 0.10 and the center dif to 40:60. I found the uphill corners easier with those settings.

Yea! Got my time down from 1:21.8 to 1:20.478 with this tune. 👍
I made 2 minor changes; set the front toe to 0.10 and the center dif to 40:60. I found the uphill corners easier with those settings.
Real happy that you got a better lap time 👍, Sorry about the delay to answer, I've run out of free time and when I do have some I work on Power-Upgrades formulas to try to make the cars go as fast as they can, so I haven't had time to retry with the changes you did, I find it real helpful that people give some feedback, I had a test pilot who did that but unfortunately his ps3 died and he's now waiting to get a ps4, your input is very valuable to me, thank you. ( tomorrow
I should have some time to try this after I go test a Spirra Prototype for @xande1959, if I do better I will let you know.:cheers:

EDIT: This Project is no longer available.

Hello to you all, this project came about as a result of my attempts at becoming a better tuner. After accumilating large amounts of papers with data, caculations and info, I decided it could be useful to have it all under one roof. I’ve made small Excel calculators for tires/ spring rates (based on info from @DolHaus), track time/speed, and a % ride height/spring rate convertor. I’ve tested ride height difference for FF car and recorded all the best lap times, and recently I’ve tried my hand on trying to find the best parts to upgrade the power of a car. I honestly though that I was going to get more feedback but the only person who gave a sign of life was @Pete05 who left a nice thankful message. I wish he could have told me how to make it better.

At some point I read that @XS would be up to making a register with the tested info and I thought that this was a good idea. So I went and started a sort of all in one project, it would combine tuning info, lap times, and have the calculating tools we might need, and when the tuning project was finished the data sheet we put out on a post, would be all filled out ready to post.

I also wanted to include in it a section with tuning tips (guide), try to divide it into different chapters like, General Tuning, Powering Up, Suspension , LSD, GT6 Quick tune by @oppositelock ,etc., that I’ve been taking from a lot of people from this forum.

So here it is with a few explanations on each section, I don’t take critism personnaly, all I want to do is make something that could help us be better at tuning cars. I use the unit of km because PD made some errors on converting km to miles, also the the power to rate ratio has been rounded off wrong or they didn’t give the right weight or Hp. The white spaces are where you can put info in, the greyed and colored spaces are blocked.

Section 1; Tack selection

Basically works like this, you get 5 race tracks and 5 test tracks to work with, this gives you ten testing tracks to get data from, that tracks chosen will appear on the following sections.

[PIC-1]
Picture 1.png

Section 2: Data

This is where you put in all the information on the car before you do anything to it. Theres also a place to record your test drives.

[Pic-2]
Picture 2.png

Section 3: Power

This section deals with the parts used to power up a car, including weight and ballast since they affect the PP level. The first section is the patrs and their effect on your PP, Hp, Torque, weight and balance level. The second pic is where you choose the parts you want to test and reord their lap times. The third Pic is a calculator that gives the relationship between different setup on different tracks. I would need help here to understand how to include the RPM into useful calculations.

[PIC-3-4-5]
Picture 3.png Picture 4.png Picture 5.png

Section 4; Transmission (still working on)

The first pic is the parts chosen with a space where you will write in your final data. The second pic is to record your testing. The Last pic is is an analyzer.

[PIC-6-7-8]
Picture 6.png Picture 7.png Picture 8.png

Section 5: Drivetrain (definitely not finished)

First pic is for the parts + LSD settings and testing, the second pic is for the torque differential distributing.

[PIC-9-10]
Picture 9.png Picture 10.png

(can't continue on this post, see next one)

Attachments

• Picture 11.png
    Picture 11.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Picture 12.png
    Picture 12.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Back