Test Drive Unlimited 3

• Thread starter darkdomino
  • 94 comments
Someone else should work with Atari on bringing back TDU. A few long dead game franchises like the Tony Hawks games and Guitar Hero *as well as Rockband* are being revived this year and this would be the perfect year for Atari to reboot the series. In my opinion I didn't thought TDU2 was a bad game after all. Its not the best game ever made but all of the content the game had to offer is what makes it good.

Someone else should work with Atari on bringing back TDU. A few long dead game franchises like the Tony Hawks games and Guitar Hero *as well as Rockband* are being revived this year and this would be the perfect year for Atari to reboot the series. In my opinion I didn't thought TDU2 was a bad game after all. Its not the best game ever made but all of the content the game had to offer is what makes it good.

Most likely won't happen unless someone else buys the TDU name from Bankruptcy (The TDU name was for sale at auction in 2013, it did not sell). Eden Studios (formerly Eden Games), the studio responsible for TDU1 and 2 is working on a new "sport car game", the code name is GT spirit. We are all hoping it's not some tablet/mobile game and will be a proper successor to TDU2 (whatever it ends up being called). Here is a link to the new studio they have been hiring but no updates since last year.

http://www.edengames.com/

The theme in TDU series is a racing game simulating the life of rich people in resort islands. I would say the next island needs to be a resort island as well (sorry Isle of Mann), needs to be big enough like Oahu size. Ibiza was quite a small package, but was a good island choice. A good choice for TDU3 size wise is Phuket.

Most likely won't happen unless someone else buys the TDU name from Bankruptcy (The TDU name was for sale at auction in 2013, it did not sell). Eden Studios (formerly Eden Games), the studio responsible for TDU1 and 2 is working on a new "sport car game", the code name is GT spirit. We are all hoping it's not some tablet/mobile game and will be a proper successor to TDU2 (whatever it ends up being called). Here is a link to the new studio they have been hiring but no updates since last year.

http://www.edengames.com/

Well this sucks, my hope for TDU3 is now basically gone:

Translated from French:

Eden Games, video game development studio based in Lyon, is proud to announce that GT will be a Spirit as the exclusive launch of the new Apple TV as early as October. Specializing in high quality productions in the games category car racing for nearly twenty years, the studio Eden Games is proud to announce that its latest creation, will be a GT Spirit as the exclusive launch of the new Apple TV as early as October. The game is available for demonstration to media on Apple TV right now even Apple Keynote.

GT Spirit is a realistic driving experience, offering a comprehensive simulation engine, suspension, propulsion and aerodynamics. The player will explore breathtaking environments, and will challenge friends and rivals online in races, championships and events renewed daily. GT Spirit offers a comprehensive automotive world. Players can collect, enhance and most beautiful exotic car tuner available on the market, and admire details such as engines and interiors in full HD.

GT Spirit is much more than a rush of adrenaline; it is an authentic automotive world. "We are proud and excited to be part of the launch partners for the new Apple TV, and more to put our new creation in the hands of all car enthusiasts worldwide," said David Nadal, CEO and co-founder of Eden Games. GT Spirit is secretly developing for over two months in the French studio in Lyon. It will later be available on mobile platforms and it is already possible to pre-register if you want to be kept informed of the release date of iPhone, iPad and Android.

Source:
http://www.pockett.net/n27349_iPhon..._Games_comme_titre_de_lancement_pour_Apple_TV

Edit:

For those of you still interested, here is a teaser clip:

Last edited:
Well this sucks, my hope for TDU3 is now basically gone:

Translated from French:

Eden Games, video game development studio based in Lyon, is proud to announce that GT will be a Spirit as the exclusive launch of the new Apple TV as early as October. Specializing in high quality productions in the games category car racing for nearly twenty years, the studio Eden Games is proud to announce that its latest creation, will be a GT Spirit as the exclusive launch of the new Apple TV as early as October. The game is available for demonstration to media on Apple TV right now even Apple Keynote.

GT Spirit is a realistic driving experience, offering a comprehensive simulation engine, suspension, propulsion and aerodynamics. The player will explore breathtaking environments, and will challenge friends and rivals online in races, championships and events renewed daily. GT Spirit offers a comprehensive automotive world. Players can collect, enhance and most beautiful exotic car tuner available on the market, and admire details such as engines and interiors in full HD.

GT Spirit is much more than a rush of adrenaline; it is an authentic automotive world. "We are proud and excited to be part of the launch partners for the new Apple TV, and more to put our new creation in the hands of all car enthusiasts worldwide," said David Nadal, CEO and co-founder of Eden Games. GT Spirit is secretly developing for over two months in the French studio in Lyon. It will later be available on mobile platforms and it is already possible to pre-register if you want to be kept informed of the release date of iPhone, iPad and Android.

Source:
http://www.pockett.net/n27349_iPhon..._Games_comme_titre_de_lancement_pour_Apple_TV

Edit:

For those of you still interested, here is a teaser clip:

Wait I don't get it... how does it involve Apple TV and why does it keep mentioning it? I have Apple TV and I haven't heard a single thing about this.

Wait I don't get it... how does it involve Apple TV and why does it keep mentioning it? I have Apple TV and I haven't heard a single thing about this.

They talk about the new generation which was announced yesterday.

I'm seriously considering this - but the iOS controls are what keep putting me off. Will we ever get wheel support?; cloud gaming is the papyrus of the future, but the styli kill me.
Still and all - :D - great to have some sort of TDU back.

Ironically, this is the reception of TDU2 they display on their new website:

2015-09-14_024036.png

PlaySation Mag from 1997 seems like a weird source. But it fits the TDU2 vibe. :D

That's odd. What kind of time warp is that?

20 months in hiding playing with Unity . . . and no real news of a TDU3.
What a waste of a benchmark free roam game that had so much potential.
Strangely, though, whenever online works for the PS3 and I log in to TDU2 the place is buzzing with players.

An exclusive mobile game that will be most likely ruined by microtransactions? Better kill the hype before you disappoint yourselves.

There's plenty of people to kill the hype - I'll leave that job to them. :) 👍

However - i can't blind myself to the fact that mobile apps are here to stay - it's only the peripherals that will change.
Ultimately when it will be all only in our heads . . . well, we'll come fairly close to duplicating what we term 'perception of life'.

Chip in the brain is all that's required - and an active throughput from what's in the 'cloud'. ;)

Why does TDU2 still attract me?

Having restricted myself to Gran Turismo's strict regimen of racing for awhile I needed to 'go wild'. So a boot up of this game again, longing for the open road, and a car with long legs.
Jump into the ZR1 and take off from my home in the south of the island and head North, soon on the highway, blazing along, dodging traffic that seems to be standing still or trying to shamble into my way, until i drove into my garage at the north end of the Island.
Then jumping on my Ducati, taking that to Dillingham airfield, thrashed around the airstrip, donutted to my heart's content, and went back to my shack to check out my list of cars again. Stayed offline so as not to be disturbed my invites.

But I ran out of time and had to leave the console.

Still, this game, whatever the physics, is the only one that gives me these long blazing drives that satisfy the high-speed street driver in me. Disc is still in the console.

NASCAR 2011 and GT6 are yelling, but Hawaii is also calling.

Maybe I'll go visit Pearl Harbour once more, and park there, leave the game on till I see the sun go down in all its glory on my big screen.

Most likely not if there hasn't been any news for some time and this was an old thread.

As long as it doesn't expect you to spend so much time on fashion accessories and visits to the plastic surgeon.

That's one of the things that made the original great and different from everything else: it wasn't just about the cars and races, it was about assuming the entire (admittedly cliched) lifestyle. If that's ditched it may as well go by another name entirely.

Why did I only mention the first game? I hate TDU 2. :lol:

...Cruising, it was fun to do. In fact I don't think any game that was released on the PS3 had that much exploration.. Not even The Crew beats it.

Fuel had by far the largest map at 5.5 thousand square miles of open world, fully traversable terrain, so even bigger than The Crew. Just exploring alone kept me occupied for six months.

Here's hoping they get a solid livery editor to work. The one in TDU 2 was awful.

I like to pride myself on being quite artistic when it comes to livery editors, but whatever I tried in TDU 2, was the equivalent of Fry trying to play the Holophonor.

Dan
An exclusive mobile game that will be most likely ruined by microtransactions? Better kill the hype before you disappoint yourselves.

Its free to download and you can get it on the play store in app purchase $1.49 - $499.99 per item.

Dan
Sometimes, I hate being correct.

It has a 4.1 star rating but people complain the game crashs at the star and loading times are long and the steering is to sensitive when it kicks in. You need internet connection to even play it.

It has a 4.1 star rating but people complain the game crashs at the star and loading times are long and the steering is to sensitive when it kicks in. You need internet connection to even play it.

That's so the devs can shove more ads in your face and you can't speed up wait timers by changing your phone's date/time settings.

Back