TH8 RS Shifter Thread!

• Thread starter sandboxgod
  • 1,971 comments
Trust me these things are works of craftsmanship, definitely on par with the Mobsim plate I have. I love the recessed numbers. Very well done.

Pat, I'm messaging you now about that request. :)

Hi all. 1st post here on GTP (I'm Juris as well on RaceDepartment and ISRTV). Just posting to say thanks to everyone on this thread for all the info and also a big shout out to Patrick from Right On Gates.

Just received one of his short shift 7 speed plates and took some shots below. Amazing quality of finish and really solid thick construction. Below are some comparison shots with the original TH8rs plate. Quite apart from the great quality of the plate on top and the cool recessed numbering the differences in finish really becomes apparent on the underside of the plates.

Patricks is perfectly smooth and the gates are precisely cut. The TM just isn't as well finished but thats to be expected for a mass produced item. For me it might shave a few euro off my bank account but it should also shave a few seconds off my lap times. Thats a trade I'm happy with. If your in the market for a short shift plate I can't recommend it enough. Cheers Patrick.

BTW the slight pinkish hue in some shots is due to a fault in my HTC One camera. Sorry.

2014-07-16 15.16.14.jpg
2014-07-16 15.16.29.jpg
2014-07-16 15.16.37.jpg
2014-07-16 15.16.53.jpg
2014-07-16 15.17.04.jpg
2014-07-16 15.17.13.jpg
2014-07-16 15.17.42.jpg
2014-07-16 15.17.47.jpg
2014-07-16 15.17.52.jpg

Hello Everyone .. I'd like to ask about an issue that happened .. I just bought a new TH8RS Shifter and it's not detected on any USB port on my PC, Laptop & even PS3 .. I've contacted the Thrustmaster Customer Support about this case and they told me about the Boot loader method .. and it still doesn't work (not detected) .. so I told them about that defect and they said that they will send me another electric board for my shifter .. but did anyone try to find what is wrong with that Version 1 electric board ?!! and what is the difference between that board and the version 2 board?!! is it all about the IC's ? and is there any probability that I can fix this defected board till the new one arrives?! Thanks for your cooperation :)

Hello Everyone .. I'd like to ask about an issue that happened .. I just bought a new TH8RS Shifter and it's not detected on any USB port on my PC, Laptop & even PS3 .. I've contacted the Thrustmaster Customer Support about this case and they told me about the Boot loader method .. and it still doesn't work (not detected) .. so I told them about that defect and they said that they will send me another electric board for my shifter .. but did anyone try to find what is wrong with that Version 1 electric board ?!! and what is the difference between that board and the version 2 board?!! is it all about the IC's ? and is there any probability that I can fix this defected board till the new one arrives?! Thanks for your cooperation :)

I had this problem with mine. Since I had bought through Amazon, Amazon immediately acknowledged it as faulty and sent a brand new one. Working out of the box since then.

Hi all

i wanted to know if it's a good idea to lengthen the shiftrod of the Th8rs. I want to buy a second one and keep it for sequential shifting only.
The look i'm going for is that of a real racecar, the base near the floor and a long rod going up.
I would then mod with rubber bands to tighten it up, but is all this a good idea or not?

Thanks for the advice

Hi Mr.Basher, I Have heard a lot about your products, I really want a shortened shaft and maybe some other things. Is there a website you have or thread or anything that shows your products? And how/where do I purchase? I'd love to make an order asap! Thank you!

Thanks Carson, I had sent Jon an email some time about but I think it was around the time a new baby was due. :)
I didn't hear back so I figured either he was getting too busy or was no longer offering them.
Bailey

Thanks Carson, I had sent Jon an email some time about but I think it was around the time a new baby was due. :)
I didn't hear back so I figured either he was getting too busy or was no longer offering them.
Bailey
I won't be needing mine,if your willing to pay the shipping it's yours

All right all right all right. Can't say no to that! :) I'm planning on making a new batch of plates next week or the other. You want short gate or standard for your 4 and 5 ? PM me your address and I'll give you final price including shipping. 👍👍👍
Those gates of yours look really good. :)
I was wondering: could you upload product shots on your web site for the different color options?

On the subject of the shifter shafts.

First... I plan to start making these again very soon, but I'm doing things a little differently this time around. More on that later.

That said... I'll tell it to you guys straight:

I sell the shafts for $25 or $30 including shipping, depending on shipping destination. The materials to make them cost me maybe $3 each. Awesome profit margin right??? Wrong. My time is worth something to me too... ;) When I really go going, I can probably do 3 or 4 an hour on my little lathe. I run the lathe manually and I am very meticulous about the result. I've probably made and shipped about 100 to 150 of these out over the past year, of various lengths and thread sizes.

Thus, it was just not an effective use of my time. I was falling behind on things, not getting the shafts out to people as quickly as I would have liked, etc. So instead, I decided to stop making them for the time being. If any of you emailed me and I didn't respond. I sincerely apologize, I don't have a great excuse other than the last couple months have been quite the whirlwind of activity in my personal and professional life. (outside Basherboards)

Thank you Carson, that is very kind of you. I am in the states so I think I will wait until basher has the time to make another run of shafts but I really appreciate the offer.
Now to find a cool new (straighter) shift knob and I'll be set.... open to suggestions. :)
Bailey

Last edited:
Those gates of yours look really good. :)
I was wondering: could you upload product shots on your web site for the different color options?

Thanks for the nice comment :)

At the moment I don't have pics. But tell me what color youd like and I can send you a color sample from the Eastwood company from which I buy my powder colors or you can check on their website here if you like.

If you'd like to order a plate, i did my last batch a couple weeks ago and don't plan on making more for a while. What model are you interested in?

At the moment I don't have pics. But tell me what color youd like and I can send you a color sample from the Eastwood company from which I buy my powder colors or you can check on their website here if you like.

If you'd like to order a plate, i did my last batch a couple weeks ago and don't plan on making more for a while. What model are you interested in?

@patrickd018 Any chance you can come up with a easier/quicker way to change the plates without needing to unscrew the 4 hex screws? Still think it's annoying whenever switching from sequential to 8 pattern.

Shafts are coming back :D

I will only be offering them in shortened versions of -

Standard: Fits the standard M9x1.25 threaded knob the shifter comes with.
Aftermarket: Fits knobs with M10x1.5 threads. Honda and many other companies use this thread. There are also adapters commonly available for it and most knobs even come with them.

This should cover most of what people were wanting. I can also get them out quickly. I am not sure yet when they will be available but my hope is in the next few weeks. They will be posted on my site this time as well.

Actually I was wondering about both the 6 speed short throw and the sequential plate. Haven't made up my mind yet. :)

My TH8A arrived today (this thread has more activity), first I tried with GSCE and all worked as expected. It tests fine in the TH control panel also. But, with pCARS is acts more like a sequential shifter, I can't skip gears up or down as it will just sequentially go into the next higher or lower gear. Am I missing something (set each gear up in the pCARS controller config 1-7 and reverse)?

Beware of Ebay shift knobs though, majority of them are cheap chinese knockoffs with some knobs even having completely messed up threads from the factory!
Quoting a bit old thread of yours here. I bought one of those cheap knockoffs. The threads are fine, and it came with some thread adapters to fit most shafts. But the size seems a little off. It's about 5.8cm/2.28" tall (standing) and 3.9cm/1.53" wide (or diameter if you will). How big is your knob? (Somehow that sentence just doesn't feel right :lol:)

Ok great, PM me when you are ready. :)
PMed

Last edited:
Just wanted to quickly back up what @Juris said about the plates from @patrickd018. I just received my 6-speed ST and the sequential one. I was really surprised by the quality and finish. I mean, I already expected them to be good, but they exceeded all my expectations. Simply mind blowing. And the shifting action on the 6-speed is fantastic, so smooth.

I can recommend these so much. Great work Patrick! 👍

I'll see if I can get some pictures up later. :)

Back