TH8 RS Shifter Thread!

• Thread starter sandboxgod
  • 1,971 comments
Did Patrick ever source a spring for his sequential plate? I was all hot to buy it and then he hold me I'd need the spring from MY sequential plate, which I don't seem to own. :(

Also, anyone making an e-brake plate anymore?

Did Patrick ever source a spring for his sequential plate? I was all hot to buy it and then he hold me I'd need the spring from MY sequential plate, which I don't seem to own. :(

The spring on my original sequential plate broke and they sent my a new plate for replacement. Maybe try contacting them to see if they will sell you a new plate? Wouldn't think they would charge much if they will sell one.

Hi Gunstar, If you are interested, I can sell you my own spring. I don't use the seq plate as I prefer to paddle shift. Still got seq plates in hand too! PM me if your'interested. :)

I have a TH8 I bought a few months ago. It was actually a replacement for the first one I bought that broke after about 4 hours of play. I haven't had any problem with my current one using the H-shifter, but when I tried to set it up for sequential shifting yesterday, it wouldn't work. I followed the instructions on switching it over to the letter and I have the latest firmware and drivers. After being switched to sequential mode, the calibration software and control panel both won't recognize the change. They still think it's in H pattern mode. Anyone else have this issue, or have any ideas on what to do?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave, It might be the micro switch that is faulty. When you take the plate off, look for a hole on top of the shifter. There is the switch. If you look under the seq plate, there is a small tab molded in the plate which trigger the switch allowing your computer to recognize when it's in sequential mode.

Hope this help

Patrick

Thank you for your reply, Patrick. I think you're right about the micro switch. I pressed it down myself to see if it would change anything in control panel and it didn't. Looks like I'll have to contact Thrustmaster for a replacement. I'm not having much luck with the TH8. First one broke after 4 hours of use and now the replacement has a problem.

Don't really post here anymore but would like to give credit to the following members for their great help;

1) To those contemplating a TH8 plate by @patrickd018.
Purchased a short shift 6S and sequential plate a few months ago.

Craftsmanship & CS are first-rate, metal-to-metal sequential action is so good...
....I even built a second 8020 mount dedicated for a 2nd TH8 sequential.

And big thanks to @mcunkle for providing me with hands-on info about @patrickd018's sequential.

---------------------------------------------------------

2) A while back my TH8 started to get gritty & much harder to move between the gates.
So, I detached the lower metal housing by removing the phillips (+) screws that secure it.

Went to work with some solvent, Q-tips and small brush to remove factory grease.
Replaced that with Phil Wood bearing grease I also use for cycling.

Smooth as a butter now, very easy to do, no further disassembly required.
No screw red-seal breakage necessary for you warranty-worriers.
I did disconnect the sensor connector 1st to avoid mis-haps.

Couldn't have done it as easily & quickly without info and/or pics previously posted by @Carson79, @fatkrakr, @LogiForce, & @mrbasher.

Last edited:
@patrickd018, does the sequential plate gives the shifter a bit more of a positive action than the stock plate, if you are using the same spring?

I think it does, I got one from @patrickd018 a few months ago.
With the metal-to-metal, I can easily tell now if it's reached end of stroke...
...with the stock plastic plate I could never get that level of tactile feedback.
You can adjust the tension for the throw too.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I have a small problem. Unfortunately, I break the wires for switching between sequential and H-pattern. Anyone has a photo of where they should be soldered ?

Hi,

is it possible to plug the TH8rs into the TX-Wheel and use it on PC?. The TH8a Shifter has a adaptor cable to plug it directly into the Wheel. Someone try that with the TH8rs with a selfmade adaptor?.

On the PC the TH8a doesn't connect to the TX, it plugs directly to PC with USB.
If the TH8a is to be used on an Xbox One, then it would be connected to the TX.

Hi,
I just got a T300 and wonder if there is a solution to plug my TH8RS in my T300...

Anyone can help?

Tx in advance.
My guess is that you will need the TH8A for that.
I just got mine. I'm using it with T500RS.

The TH8A comes with a short cable with a (9 pin) DIN plug (female) and needs to be connected to one of two longer ones who have either USB or DIN plug at the other end. (Both come with the shifter).
I don't know much about electronics, but if DIN can convert to USB, maybe USB can do the opposite ? In that case you would be able to connect your TH8RS to the T300.
Maybe someone can confirm. It interests me also... Google did not help much...

Last edited:
Hi,
I just got a T300 and wonder if there is a solution to plug my TH8RS in my T300...

Anyone can help?

Tx in advance.

No way to plug the TH8RS into the T300's rear port.
T300's rear shifter port is DIN, the TH8RS cable is USB.

To-date, I know of no USB female to DIN male connector/adapter.
The TH8A's bundled DIN/USB cable is DIN female to USB male.

Your best bet would be someone like @mrbasher...
...but he seems to have to have a lot on his plate these days.

Last edited:
Hi guys, Just a quick message to let you know that I decided to stop making my custom plates on a regular basis for the TH8 shifter.

I decided to put the project on hold for sometime because it was taking a bit too much of my time but i'll stay available for those of you who would like custom parts for their rig. But for those looking for a custom plate, don't hesitate to ask. I'll let you know what i can do.

See you on the track! :)

Last edited:
Hi guys, Just a quick message to let you know that I decided to stop making my custom plates for the TH8 shifter. Sorry for those who were expecting a new production run but I prefer to stop.

I decided to put an end to the project but i'll stay available for those of you who would like custom parts for their rig.

Aww that is too bad, Pats gates are awesome! I'm lucky I got 4 gates when I did. :) I can attest to Pats quality as he has made custom parts for me and I have a project I'm going to need him again, just need more money LOL.

So buy with confidence from him.

Hi guys, Just a quick message to let you know that I decided to stop making my custom plates for the TH8 shifter. Sorry for those who were expecting a new production run but I prefer to stop.

I decided to put an end to the project but i'll stay available for those of you who would like custom parts for their rig.

Oh what crap news :(

In Jordans review of the TH8A he says "it’s also the only shifter compatible with the PlayStation 4". Can that be true? Could it be possible it might be the only shifter compatible with the T300RS? I can't see anybody buying a whole new set up just for PS4.

It's not true, the TH8RS via USB also works on some PS4 games:
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=319&cid=12

Compare with TH8A options (which allow plugging into a T300 wheel directly but still allow USB connection):
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=378&cid=12

You can see that there are games which won't work with the shifter via USB, but also plenty which do support both the TH8RS and TH8A via USB (they behave identically via USB connection)

Hi guys, Here I have a couple shifter plates left in stock available for sale at 49$ a piece:
-1x 6 Speed ST
-1X 6 Speed
-1X 5 Speed
-1X 5 Speed (painted flat black but finish not perfect so I let it go as-is for the same price as a standard brushed plate 👍)

Let me know thru pm.

Cheers!

plates5-6-6st-5b.png

Man, I'm really sad I missed out on the sequential plates. I didn't have the parts, then the money, and then I ran out of time. Well thanks for all you did anyways Patrick!!

hey guys, just bought a th8a shifter and looking to find some 6 speed custom plates and shifter knops, can someone help me please :confused: :bowdown:

Back