The 100% club thread...

I'm sure what happened on the percentage thing is related to modifications in events from the original version. The percentages per race don't add up to 100%, and they didn't want to have the same problem that they had with GT2, so they just stopped at 99% and had a list of events. When you complete them all it clicks over to 100% and you're done. Basically safeguarding themselves from making fools out of the whole company again.

~LoudMusic

Congrats vat_man and all you other 100%-ers out there. I'm at 83% at the moment, cruising the PD races in my trusty Vanquish (so, vanquishing the oppo then!!!).

approx 93% last time I checked...I'm still working on that complex string trial (need to find 3 more secs!!) I sold all my F1's ;) Because...F1's SUCK!! Oh god...THIS, I'm not gonna survive :P

Originally posted by rufrgt_sn00pie2001
approx 93% last time I checked...I'm still working on that complex string trial (need to find 3 more secs!!) I sold all my F1's ;) Because...F1's SUCK!! Oh god...THIS, I'm not gonna survive :P

I'm down by six seconds on the Comlex String (I think ...). I can't believe you sold your F1s though. They do spoil the fun of slower races, but they're a load of fun against other F1s. The race is so fast passed!

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by vat_man

There as in at 100%, mate. :P right back at ya!

I knew what you were talking about vat_man I havent really tried for 100% becuz I am trying to win a damn XJ220 race car for SpeedFreak's series at the times, and I did the tokyo PolyPhony race so I am at 99% Just 4 more races.

@Loud:

Dude buy a RGT and do the run and setting until you get comfortable with the car and the track for that, it worked for me and Pako.

Originally posted by ZeroCool85

Dude buy a RGT and do the run and setting until you get comfortable with the car and the track for that, it worked for me and Pako.

DOH! Good call, I'll work on that tonight (: I absolutely HATE the RUFs. Their handling is so different from most other cars. Vat and I were talking about the NSX in some other thread - it just handles like you expect. The RUFs have a pretty steep learning curve ... that, unfortunately, I just don't have the tolerance for.

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by ZeroCool85

I knew what you were talking about vat_man I havent really tried for 100% becuz I am trying to win a damn XJ220 race car for SpeedFreak's series at the times, and I did the tokyo PolyPhony race so I am at 99% Just 4 more races.

@Loud:

whats that all about then? the speedfreak's series i mean. i love the XJ220, its handling is almost telepathic. it took me a while to get the XJ220, but once i did! extasy! :cheeburga

Originally posted by Angel O'Death

whats that all about then? the speedfreak's series i mean. i love the XJ220, its handling is almost telepathic. it took me a while to get the XJ220, but once i did! extasy! :cheeburga

I'll send u a link via PM.

@Loud:

How can you hate the RGT's handling? I absolutely love it! Try it with nearly 1100hp on Midfield then you learn to love it!

Originally posted by LoudMusic

DOH! Good call, I'll work on that tonight (: I absolutely HATE the RUFs. Their handling is so different from most other cars. Vat and I were talking about the NSX in some other thread - it just handles like you expect. The RUFs have a pretty steep learning curve ... that, unfortunately, I just don't have the tolerance for.

~LoudMusic

Well, that's what happens when you have the engine hanging out behind the rear axle - they're not mid-engined, they're rear-engined.

Have you run the replay with the ghost? Where are you losing time?

Originally posted by vat_man

Well, that's what happens when you have the engine hanging out behind the rear axle - they're not mid-engined, they're rear-engined.

Have you run the replay with the ghost? Where are you losing time?

Loosing time? Starts right after the little ding and the clock starts running (: Nah, haven't watched it yet, but that'll be first thing when I get home from work.

~LoudMusic

Vat Man: Hey, I'm new, but thanks for the 99%-100% tip. I've been at 99% and was wondering why it was no longer increasing.

I still have the last two time trials to complete. Well, unless I have to complete all golds in the license tests. I've been trying to do that, too.

I'm far from the first, I know, but I got to 100%. The Complex String time trial was driving me nuts (especially when I missed it by .003 seconds), but I finally got it.

OK, not a very informative thread, but I had to tell some people who'd understand.

I still need to get all golds in the licenses, though. I've gotten through the IB license, at least, and got a new Z in my garage.

Congrats Sertsa! :D:thumbsup: I'm close to getting 100%. I did the TT first to get them out of the way. Started out Sim mode with the Esperante. Great way to start Sim mode. hehehe.

Originally posted by viper_maniac
Started out Sim mode with the Esperante. Great way to start Sim mode. hehehe.

*cough* cheater!*cough* ;)

i still have 3 TTs to do before i'm done... the last 3... and it pisses me off... :mad:

Originally posted by PunkRock

i still have 3 TTs to do before i'm done... the last 3... and it pisses me off... :mad:

I don't classify that as cheating - still did the arcade modes, which is more than respectable - and he'd still done the TT's. I'd more classify that as crafty...

Well done, Sertsa - I got there last week myself. I'll probably chip away at the licenses, but at the moment I'm working through my garage driving some of the cars I've never touched..

Thanks!
Starting with the TTs. I never thought of that. I do remember being kind of annoyed with that series and all the bumping. But I also worked with a really annoying guy who had one of those, which probably didn't help.

My trek towards 100% took a while. I got through the simulation races a bit ago, then went back and started converting them all to gold (Getting a first in the F1 Leguna Seca race took a few tries). I also started a second game on another card, mostly using (and trying to get) different/more cars.

I've been going through the garage, trying out some other cars, too. I still have a lot with very few or even 0 miles. The mileage on the Raybrig NSX, though, is really high.

Oh, and vat man, I saw your 100% post. Congrats! It helped me; I was wondering why the percentage had stopped at 99.0% (no tenth increments)

Originally posted by PunkRock

:reallyodd :reallyodd I dont call that cheating. At least I got them done and out of the way. :D

Well done Sertsa!

I'm at 84%, but I've finished beginner, amateur and rally, and the arcade mode single races. Still have a lot of Pro, and the last two time trials to do.

Currently working through the Polyphony series with a Vanquish.

Originally posted by viper_maniac

:reallyodd :reallyodd I dont call that cheating. At least I got them done and out of the way. :D

i was kidding you! i wish i had thought of that when i started... maybe next time!

The Vanquish is one of the cars I haven't driven much. How is it? I think I used a NSX for the Polyphany series, either that or a TVR Speed 6. Or maybe I tried an NSX and got pretty severely beaten and went to a Pors...oops... RUF. It was a bit ago; I took some time to play Grand Theft Auto 3. (I've only gotten three games for the PS2; GT3 and GTA3 are the good ones. Two out of three.)

kyle: 6 TTs? Good luck. Just pretend they're being driven by really annoying ex-co-workers you should have no problem. Well, as long as you focus on beating them instead of pushing them off the road.

I used an NSX but I wouldn't mind using the Vanquish next time I run the Polyphony Digital - it's not a bad car, you just need to manage the weight as it can take some pulling up. As long as you're smooth, you'll set some good times.

It does go quite well...

I used lotus esprite, Ruf rgt, corvette, viper, and nsx they all won easly, if you wanna make it tougher use concept z or rx8 or a speedster. youll still win but more interesting I dont know what other cars but you should win with anything that had 270hp or more.

I'll have to find something different next time through. I'm really fond of all the NSXs; they became my "go to" cars through the game. Those and the S2000LM. Guess I spent a lot of time in Hondas.

On the second card, I've been going to Mazdas a lot, just to see the differences and how I do, etc. The selsection of them is a lot smaller, though. I'm now using the Tommy kaira ZZII against the cars in the Pro World Championship (787B, R390, GT one), just to see how it holds up. Pretty well, so far.

Back