The 100% club thread...

Originally posted by Sertsa
The Vanquish is one of the cars I haven't driven much. How is it?

It's surprisingly good actually. Easy on the tyres (first lap is tough, then will do 10 laps easy, which is all you need for a one-stop 20 lapper). It has consistent grip across the tyre wear. Nice and good braking in a straight line, and good sharp turn in. You do need to brake a little earlier than perhaps normal, but it's easy on the tyres and faithful over a long stint, which is what you need for the PD series and the Trial MT enduro.

Top car. GREAT noise!

Ok guys I won all the time trials, all gold. I did all the races in GT mode but I got 1 silver at monaco. Do I have to win the race to get 100%????? Helppppppppppppppp!

Hey Sertsa!!

Diddnt u hate the Vitz/yaris cup on the proffesional league?

im 84% through and i realy dont know if i could be bothered to do it. i tryed it twice and could not be bothered to do 50 laps in one of them things!! :rolleyes:

vat man: The ZZII is great. I think it's easily in the same class as some of the upper level race cars. It is a front-engine, 4WD car, though, so you have to watch front tire wear against the MR cars.

Giles: thnaks for the Vanquish tip. I'll have to give it a try. I seem to have taken a general impression into the game that Aston Martins are something akin to sports versions of Bentleys.

f1king: Yup, vat man is right. For 100%, you need to have firsts in all the races in Simulation mode, all Arcade mode single races at the "Hard" level and get first in all Time Trials. You don't need to try re-running the whole series, just go back and win the races you lost. I think that's pretty much it (you need the licenses of course, but not all golds).

W-conneely: Oh, man, I love the Vitz! That car, along with most Type-Rs, Skylines and the TVRs make me want to plan a trip overseas, as they're not imported to the US. OK, I'm kidding. Well, on the Vitz part, anyway. It does take a while, but it might help you make sure your skill is a match for the AI. Or I guess you can just upgrade the heck out of it and get it over with.

Finally I finished it 100%, final stats:
Prize $$ 21,202,500
Wins 740 out of 760 races
97% winning
cars owned 129
Total milage 19999.6 miles
Cars value 69,705,600
842 trophies

What do you guys think cool ha??

Now on to getting all gold in license tests. :frcracker

congrats f1 king on completing this awesome game ( i 100% gt3 last november :P ) so did you leave the time trials until last ? and what time did you get to gold complex strings ? just curious :D

but all the same nice work man ;) :thumbsup:

Congrats!
And with a 97% win ratio? Dannnnnnnnnnggggggggg. I got 100% on the card I started the game with, when I was learning, and my win ratio is quite a bit below that. Not even close, I don't think.

Have you gotten most/all of the cars? I grabbed the prize list from the FAQ last night and was seeing a few I didn't have.

Again, COngrats! Well done.

Yeeeehaaawwww!!!! I polished off another Time Trial today. Now all that's left is the Complex String in the RUF. Oh for joy ...

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by Sertsa
Vat Man: Hey, I'm new, but thanks for the 99%-100% tip. I've been at 99% and was wondering why it was no longer increasing.

I still have the last two time trials to complete. Well, unless I have to complete all golds in the license tests. I've been trying to do that, too.

Cheers, Sersta - no problem - you don't need all gold in the licenses (thank God!!).

Good job, Loud - how are you looking at Complex String?

Originally posted by vat_man

Good job, Loud - how are you looking at Complex String?

Not so hot, actually. I think I'm down by 8 seconds, maybe more. I just get so frustrated with tiny mistakes but I don't want to start the whole thing over again.

I got tired of running it this afternoon so I went and accomplished another goal. I now have red, black, and silver RX-7 LM Race Cars in my garadge (: I also hung on to a blue/purple S2000 LM Race Car ... because it looks pretty awesome. I'm having trouble tuning a modified RX-7 LM for Midfield though. I'm pretty sure it could smoke the Imprezza, but I keep coming in about a second and a half behind. *sigh* Tomorrow starts another week.

~LoudMusic

Thanks guys,
Sertsa I need the zexel skyline and the tickford and ill have all of em.

mr persistance I got 4.52.624 on complex. Barely made it.

Loud music good luck man! From what i see I think youll pass easly. :D

Originally posted by f1king
Thanks guys,
Sertsa I need the zexel skyline and the tickford and ill have all of em.

mr persistance I got 4.52.624 on complex. Barely made it.

Loud music good luck man! From what i see I think youll pass easly. :D

Yep, chipped off another one today. All that's left is the darned ole Complex String. Though ... with four or five complete runs, I'm still down by over 8 seconds.

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by f1king
I took me a good 7 trys to get it finally.

Yeah, I've knocked large chunks of time off each time I ran it. The first time was just to get a finish and a ghost car so I could watch my improvements.

I suspect that tuesday morning I will finish it up. Shouldn't take me more than 10 attempts. That's still nearly an hour though ...

~LoudMusic

Once in a while i see posts about guys who made it to the 100%.....Congrats to you all....I'm just at 30 or 40%, so a long (but nice way to go) ;) . Maybe its a good idea to make a list of all people who made it to the end with the stats they have. Anyone having toughts or ideas about it?????

I'm not sure how many attempts it took me. I don't know if this is any help, but after getting closer, I used a ghost that was a little under 2 seconds off. On that attempt, I was slower at the beginning, but pretty much nailed everything after. So, if I could keep the ghost behind me, I'd get it.

The only problem was that, if I fell behind the ghost at the first turn, I'd have a rough time with the following chicanes with the thing blocking the view.

I also would check out the demo again for certain sections.

Originally posted by LoudMusic
Yeeeehaaawwww!!!! I polished off another Time Trial today. Now all that's left is the Complex String in the RUF. Oh for joy ...

~LoudMusic

:thumbsup:

Yeah, the rally time trials take a bit of practice (I'm still on Tahiti Maze).

I was wondering - after playing both rally time trials, do you prefer the WRX or Lancer? I say this because I've been a WRX fan for years now, but since I've started the Tahiti Trial the Lancer has really grown on me.

Originally posted by risingson77

:thumbsup:

Yeah, the rally time trials take a bit of practice (I'm still on Tahiti Maze).

I was wondering - after playing both rally time trials, do you prefer the WRX or Lancer? I say this because I've been a WRX fan for years now, but since I've started the Tahiti Trial the Lancer has really grown on me.

It may have been the course, but the Lancer felt like a brick. The WRX seemed to cruise through the corners just perfectly, but I couldn't keep the Lancer out of the wall.

~LoudMusic

Yeah, the Lancer is more understeer prone. I've found that you must start earlier and enter the corner very smoothly to make it out without wall assistance. :D

46.7% complete
wins 95/ races 117= 81% win ratio
31 gold , 6 silver , 11 bronze
cars owned 29
total miles= 1733.1 miles
total car value= 5,460,360
bonus cars acquired =31
trophies acquired =137
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
and guys is it mosible to convert from miles to k.m. , i think the later one is more accurate!!

Originally posted by risingson77
Yeah, the Lancer is more understeer prone. I've found that you must start earlier and enter the corner very smoothly to make it out without wall assistance. :D

When I finally beat the stage, I didn't even see how much I won by. I just saved the game, turned of the PS2 and went for food. I didn't CARE anymore ... I just wanted out. (:

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by LoudMusic

When I finally beat the stage, I didn't even see how much I won by. I just saved the game, turned of the PS2 and went for food. I didn't CARE anymore ... I just wanted out. (:

~LoudMusic

I think once I finally beat Tahiti Maze I had a little stretch (been there for a while), calmy saved my game - and then danced and yelled with joy for ten minutes or so. Itwas also my last TT, so
that probably spurred me on a bit

I didn't get the same kick beating Complex String - I got to within one and a half seconds, and once I watched the demo again I realised I was far too conservative through the top corner (the one before the right-left chicane that you start the time trial just before) and the next time I ran it, I nailed it and got under the time by about three quarters of a second.

Loud - are you still using the DSII?

Here's a strange tidbit, I have beaten all of the Time Trials, but with the Lancer I cannot get first on the rally license, is it just me or do I suck at rally?

Originally posted by vat_man

I think once I finally beat Tahiti Maze I had a little stretch (been there for a while), calmy saved my game - and then danced and yelled with joy for ten minutes or so. Itwas also my last TT, so
that probably spurred me on a bit

I didn't get the same kick beating Complex String - I got to within one and a half seconds, and once I watched the demo again I realised I was far too conservative through the top corner (the one before the right-left chicane that you start the time trial just before) and the next time I ran it, I nailed it and got under the time by about three quarters of a second.

Loud - are you still using the DSII?

Yeah, I've gotten very comfortable with it, and I can't seem to get used to the wheel. I need to build a frame for it around a chair or something.

~LoudMusic

I am now at 96%
But right now, i am trying to get all gold in all the license test. I only have the IA and Special license to go.But special is very hard, so that will take me some time.

I don't know what all the trouble is with the Time Trials. I passed all 10 off them in three hours :D

Originally posted by made in holland
I am now at 96%
But right now, i am trying to get all gold in all the license test. I only have the IA and Special license to go.But special is very hard, so that will take me some time.

I don't know what all the trouble is with the Time Trials. I passed all 10 off them in three hours :D

You must have magic thumbs. What's left in your 4%?

~LoudMusic

Back