• Thread starter Famine
  • 170 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This thread - and indeed club - is devoted to those of us stupid enough to not just be content with picking up a game and playing it, but to setting rules about how we play it.

The thread - and indeed club - is named for the date shown at the completion of the absolute bare minimum time A-spec only game, which I have literally just completed - the 1st of June in Year 3 (or day 791).

To claim membership of this group, like Club 229 one must simply provide a screenshot of your 100% game showing one of three things:

100% in the minimum time possible (which I believe to be day 774/15th May Year 3, as the S-licence is not required for 100%, removing 16 track days and one prize car day)
100% A-Spec only in the minimum time possible (which I believe to be day 791/1st June)
100% and all-gold licences in the minimum time possible (which ought to be day 835/15th July Year 3, as you require six extra days for IB/IA/S licence prize cars and 38 extra days for B/A licence AND prize cars, the cars you are awarded making no real difference to the cars you must buy)

For reference I had to buy:
Alfa Romeo - Any GTA (I used the 147)
Aston Martin - Any (I used the DB9)
Audi TT - Any (I used the 1.8T)
Audi A3/S3 - Any (I used the S3)
BMW 1 Series
Chrysler Crossfire
Daihatsu Copen
Daihatsu Midget
Honda Civic - Any (I used a Type-R, so that I could also use it for the Type-R race, though you are awarded a couple of NSX-Rs which should do the job too)
Isuzu - Any (I used a Piazza)
Lotus Elise - Any (I used a Sport 190)
Mazda MX-5 - Any (I used a 1.8RS)
Mercedes SL - Any (I used an SL500)
MG - Any (I used an MGF '97)
Mini - Any (I used a Cooper S)
Mitsubishi Mirage - Any (I used a Cyborg ZR)
Nissan Micra - Any (I used a March G#)
Opel Speedster - Any (I used a Turbo)
Peugeot 206 - Any (I used a 206 RC)
Renault Clio - Any (I used a Clio Sport V6)
Renault Megane - Any (I used the IDE Coupe)
Saleen S7
Shelby Cobra
Subaru 360
Suzuki K - Any (I used a Wagon R RR)
Toyota Altezza - Any (I used a Lexus IS200)
Toyota Yaris - Any (I used an F)
Triumph Spitfire
TVR - Any (I used a Griffith 500)
VW Beetle - Any (I used a 2.0)
VW Lupo/GTi (I used a Lupo GTi... If going for all-golds you'll get a Lupo on your Domestic B licence, but will still need any VW GTi)
Sport Truck - Any (I used a Toyota Tacoma)

Anyway, enough from me. I'm all excited because I've finished the minimum time all A-spec game... Pictures below:

Members
Famine 22/1/06 - 791 day, minimum A-spec only
jbrennan 8/6/06 - 774 day, absolute minimum
jbrennan 29/5/07 - 835 day, minimum perfect game
Smallhorses 21/07/11 - 835 day, minimum perfect game

Attachments

• f3hgt41001.jpg
    f3hgt41001.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 657
  • f3hgt41002.jpg
    f3hgt41002.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 672
  • f3hgt41003.jpg
    f3hgt41003.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 753
Last edited:
Famine, you are mad. Dedicated, but mad.

Jealousy aside, thats quite an accomplishment 👍.

I honestly can't believe how tired I am..!

I left a single TVR race, at Laguna Seca, for last, so that I only had a short, and enjoyable, race to finish off with, rather than run the risk of a power cut mid-endurance race...

I forgot to add that my Excel file tells me it took me 202 hours 20'16.694 in total, though that excludes 5 races which either had too much wallbanging for my liking (cough Grand Canyon cough) or I simply forgot to record the time of.

Indeed, very nice work.

If I could post a screen of my 100% I would, but I can't. :(

Don't have the capability to do so. :(

If I could post my game file itself that might be worth doing but even that is hard to do since the game files are over 1mb and the GTP will not host that as an attachment.

Oh well, just another club that I can't be in. :(

In any case, you've still done a great job with that game Famine.

You're own personal game data, tons of money, 100%, and no B-spec miles. :bowdown:

Very nice indeed. :cheers:

Hehe, nice achievement :) I need to find enough motivation to continue my GT4 adventure, but so far I haven't found it yet (and I'm below 100% win ratio, so I'm off already :P)

Kent, can't you upload the files to http://www.yousendit.com/ and send it to Famine's emailadress? That would be a possibility right?

Well done Famine.
The only thing for you to do now is a game save like that with 100,000 A spec points.
I have started on a similar game save, All licenses completed and up to mission 14 completed but have ignored it for the 100,000 points quest.
Once again congrats.

That's a good idea Sjenk.

However, after looking at the details for this society I realize that I'm not even elligable.

Sure I've got 100%, but in the fewest possible days? :lol:
Nope, not even close.

All's good though, this is an excellent idea that will last for some time to come.

Remember how GT3 got to be towards the end of its life?
People would come up with ways to beat the game that were just insane... This should prove to be just like that.

After some time we will probably see a whole new group of people start in on playig the game over again and a challenge like this is just what people will be looking for.

If Old Geezer were still around I am sure he would end up trying something like this (at some point in time).

Anyway, still in awe of the accomplishment famine. 👍
I am sure you had to put some serious effort into this idea. :bowdown:

*Looks at win percentage*

How many times did you press the reset button? :crazy:

Anyway, great work, Famine. I probably couldn't go 15% into the game without B-spec. :guilty:

Famine, I can't help thinking you take this game WAY too seriously....

But then, my trouble is, I'm too lazy to be a proper geek. I just like the image...

More power to your elbow!:cheers:

Has a girl ever asked if you love her, and you responded "I am not programmed to love, I AM A MACHINE!!!" leaving her in standing there in tears?

I'd try to join the club, but i'm afraid of failure...d'oh

SRV2LOW4ME
Has a girl ever asked if you love her, and you responded "I am not programmed to love, I AM A MACHINE!!!" leaving her in standing there in tears?

hahaha, thats pretty funny.

Good job famine:tup:

Kent
That's a good idea Sjenk.

However, after looking at the details for this society I realize that I'm not even elligable.

Sure I've got 100%, but in the fewest possible days? :lol:
Nope, not even close.

All's good though, this is an excellent idea that will last for some time to come.

Remember how GT3 got to be towards the end of its life?
People would come up with ways to beat the game that were just insane... This should prove to be just like that.

After some time we will probably see a whole new group of people start in on playig the game over again and a challenge like this is just what people will be looking for.

If Old Geezer were still around I am sure he would end up trying something like this (at some point in time).

Anyway, still in awe of the accomplishment famine. 👍
I am sure you had to put some serious effort into this idea. :bowdown:

Yep you are right, it's not that hard to give people inspiration for a game again. Now I read this thread again I think this is the first timeI concidered getting to 100% in the game. This thread is very motivating at least.

If this is the start of me completing the game with very much fun I gotta say thanks famine for showing that GT4's challenges ARE fun and nice to do:tup:💡:)

appie17
you have 100% win ratio

how:confused:

Quite simply because he's Famine and Famine is just a mad Bas**rd.

@Famine Deeply in awe of this, I just far to bogged down in vehicle testing to even get close to something like this. Amazing.

banana.gif
banana.gif
band.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

There you go, dancing bananas and a band, just for you.

Regards

Scaff

OM:censored:G! Those stats are just freaking off the wall!

Then again, looking at those stats, I just experienced an epiphany...which is I need to stop playing this game because I'll never accomplish a feat of this magnitude! :D

Awesome work there Famine!

NOTE: You know you've got respect when other members start using your 'font color'! hehehe!

SimRaceDriver
Awesome work there Famine!

NOTE: You know you've got respect when other members start using your 'font color'! hehehe!
But Famine doesn't use purple!

Back