The 1st of June Society

• Thread starter Famine
  • 170 comments
Very nice indeed.:cheers: and you did it pretty quick too.
hey jbrennen, be kind and give Bob a well deserved rest ;)

Ciao...

An even sillier idea: trying to complete the game in the minimum number of days, PLUS with the minimum number of A-Spec points... :sly:

I posted this a while back, thinking it was silly. But I was thinking of it.

Anyway, I guess I'm far enough along that I'm sort of committed to it now so I can talk about it...

I'm working on a minimum-game-days, all gold licenses, all A-Spec game while attempting to keep my A-Spec point total as LOW as possible. (Going for maximum A-Spec points would probably be more challenging, but I suspect would also take a lot longer.)

Anyway, I'm currently on day 603. I've got all gold licenses, all missions completed, plus 345 races completed for 1 A-Spec point each. Completion percentage is 68.0%, and A-Spec points are 8845 (8500 for the missions plus 345 for the races). I've done 9 of the 16 endurance races, but the 4 longest ones (the three 24h races and the Tsukuba 9h race) are still left to do.

That leaves 177 races left to do. Not all of them will have 1 A-Spec point possible. Some I won't be able to get anywhere close to 1 A-Spec point -- think Opel Speedster races or Formula GT races.

The eventual target is to have 100% complete all A-Spec on day 835, with somewhere less than 11000 A-Spec points. Considering that a 24h race is probably going to take me over a week of real time, it will be quite some time before I finish this challenge. Hopefully before GT5 comes out, though. :)

:D

There's still only the two of us crazy enough for this :D

See, here's this epic GT4 challenge guys... Everyone listening?

Ok, first you start the game over from Day 1. (Half of them leave.)

You're going to do Mission 34. Again. (Crowd halves again.)

Most of the cars in the game... Off limits. (They're leaving in droves.)

You like wings on your cars? Only if the car came with it. (Ouch.)

You're on a budget, too. Don't get to use your favorite cash-earning techniques. In fact, you don't get to sell ANY cars. (See the pattern?)

Some of your car choices will be forced, you know. You'll have to do the Corvette Festival in a '54 C1 Corvette road car, then turn around and do the Camaro Meeting in an '01 Camaro LM race car. (Is that really necessary?)

How long? At least several weeks if you B-Spec it, maybe months if you A-Spec it. (A few people are still in the room, but they're very fidgety.)

Oh well... Keep it an exclusive club, I say. 👍

:D

There's still only the two of us crazy enough for this :D

I'm about to join too, I just golded all the licenses and passed all the missions, I'm also done with the begginer hall now. But I think the most tedious part will be the endurance events *sigh*

Ciao!

But I think the most tedious part will be the endurance events *sigh*

You want tedious?

I was 10 hours into the 'Ring 24 hour endurance race, when my UPS (uninterruptible power supply) decided to flake out on me. :crazy:

Plugging the PS2 into a UPS seemed like a good idea at the time -- but maybe I should trust the billion dollar power company infrastructure more than a $69 battery powered box...

I haven't gone back and reattempted the race yet, I'm still recovering from that fiasco.

The Motegi road course 8 hour endurance race -- the longest I've A-spec'd to date -- wasn't too bad. I always hated the Motegi road course before, but running some 210 laps there, I actually started to like it.

Update on my status...

436 races complete at 1 A-spec point each. 84.3% completion. Day 719.

All of the Extreme Hall, except for the Formula GT, is done at 1 A-spec point per race. Most of the races were done in my Jaguar XJR9 race car with Stage 4 turbo, which now has over 2800 km on the clock.

Getting a 1 A-Spec point race on Like The Wind was a major PITA. I finally ended up taking the Nissan R92CP with a Stage 4 turbo, running R5/R1 tires, and had to enter and leave the race quite a few times before getting a weak enough lineup to give me 1 A-Spec point.

Here's a partial list of races that I don't believe can be done for 1 A-Spec point while doing minimal game days... If anyone can prove me wrong, I'd sure like to hear about it:

- Tsukuba Wet Hard
- Japanese 80s
- Schwarzwald Liga A
- Chevrolet Vette races
- Opel Speedster races
- Peugeot 206 races
- Renault Clio races
- Formula GT

famine you say that you did the audi a3 races with a s3 butt you can only do it with a a3, how did you enter the races with a s3:dunce:

Because you can use an S3.

You can't use the S3 for the A3 Cup in NTSC-U/C (or at least I can't).

I'm 25.4% along in my "from-scratch" (no credits/license transfer, no step up in licenses until I absolutely, positively have to, and no races that involve race cars other than mine until I absolutely, positively have to) solid-gold quest as of November 8, Year 1, with everything that can be done with either no license or the B license done except for the Tsukuba 9h Endurance and specialty races for which I can/have to win a prize car from a higher-license series (such as Boxer Spirit-that 1949 Bug can't keep up with the Rufs and can only stay with the Subarus until it runs out of nitrous well before the finish, Hyundai Sports Festival and 2HP-2CV Classics). Other major stats -
- 7309 A-spec points
- 0 B-spec points (Betsy isn't touching these cars)
- 16 golds (and obviously no silver or bronze) in the licenses
- 143 races entered, 143 won (not nearly all of them OLR-clean though :guilty: ) and 143 trophies
- 61 cars owned (40 won, 21 bought)
- 28 different cars used in races
- $1,486,600 won and $154,327 left in the bank (that 25% couldn't have come along at a better time for me :) )
- 2,018.1 miles driven by my count (for some reason, the A-spec mileage is 1,838 - probably because it doesn't count miles put on after a race or during qualifying)
- 5 cars upgraded beyond harder tires

My most-abused cars so far:
- 1964 Ginetta G4, which suffered through the latter part of Sunday Cup (the high-speed part where the 1995 Suzuki Cappuccino just couldn't keep up) and 1000 miles! to log 1005.0 miles
- 1989 Mazda MX-5 Miata, which had only 6.2 miles when I picked it up and now has 307.7 miles.
- 2004 Lotus Elise 111R, which only has 55 miles on it, will have a heap more once it's done with the Tsukuba 9h Endurance (probably start on that Monday, finish sometime during the week).

I was 10 hours into the 'Ring 24 hour endurance race, when my UPS (uninterruptible power supply) decided to flake out on me. :crazy:

And it just got worse...

Spent the last two weeks A-spec racing the 'Ring 24 hour race.

Yesterday morning, while paused late in the race, I heard the PS2 drive making some clicking noises -- didn't sound normal. I opened the drive and closed it, which made the noises stop.

Crossed the finish line 90 minutes ago. Before I can do much of anything, the PS2 goes to the red spinning disk icon and will no longer read disks. Tried removing the GT4 disk, cleaning it, reinserting it, tilting the unit up on its side, then back down to the horizontal. Still the red spinner taunts me. After over an hour of fiddling with it, I realize that my 24 hour race is just a phantom memory. So I reset the unit. Still won't read the GT4 disk. Cycle power to the unit. No luck. Try a different PS2 game disk. Nope. Try a DVD movie. Nope.

Now I do have another PS2 unit upstairs -- a slimline one -- but the kids use that one and it wouldn't really be fair for me to tie it up for two weeks.

So until I repair or replace this 2001 vintage PS2, my all-gold minimum days quest is stuck on day 771, with 51 more races to go.

I'm not very happy right now. :(

Damn. That's not a good thing.

Hopefully you got the Sarthe races done before your PS2 went Tango Uniform.

Halfway update:

• 50.5% done as of June 5, Year 2 (day 430)
  • B and A licenses acquired (32 golds)
  • 13,627 A-spec points, 0 B-spec points
  • All races requiring A license or less done except Boxer Spirit (waiting for Stars of Pleisades, an IB-license series, because none of the ancient European boxers can hang with the Subarus or Rufs), Camaro Meeting (waiting to do Stars and Stripes, an IB-license series), Evolution Meeting (waiting to do Whistler Ice Race Normal, an IB-license series), and Silvia Sisters (waiting to do Swiss Alps Rally Hard, an IA-license series)
  • 280 races entered, 280 won, 280 trophies
  • 117 cars owned (85 won, all 32 I need to buy bought), 46 cars used (so far)
  • $3,523,600 won, $772,589 left in the bank
  • Spreadsheet says my fleet has 4,691.6 miles on it, status page says 4,165 A-spec and 0 B-spec miles
  • Most-abused cars:
    - 2004 Lotus Elise 111R, 1,359.8 miles
    - 1964 Ginetta G4, 1005.0 miles
    - 2003 BMW M3 GTR, 387.5 miles
    - 1989 Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA), 340.9 miles (not counting the 6.2 miles on it when I bought it)
    - 2000 Dodge Viper GTSR Concept, 242.0 miles​

100% and all-gold licences in the minimum time possible (which ought to be day 835/15th July Year 3, as you require six extra days for IB/IA/S licence prize cars and 38 extra days for B/A licence AND prize cars, the cars you are awarded making no real difference to the cars you must buy)

All right, it took me over six months and two PS/2s, but I finished this all A-spec minimum game days with all gold licenses...

Picture links:

http://www.brennen.net/images/day835_1.jpg
http://www.brennen.net/images/day835_2.jpg

As I stated in prior posts in this thread, I intentionally tried to minimize my A-spec points. Finishing the game 100% all A-spec, 100% win ratio, with only 10807 A-spec points may very well be a record... There's a few points that could be trimmed off though.

Also, just to go for another possible record, I made sure that for each of the timed endurance races, I won the race in as few laps as possible (in other words, the 2nd place car finished with the same number of laps as me). So the feat of finishing the game 100% in only 31607 kilometers (19640 miles) might be a record as well.

You guys are nuts!:crazy:

This would have to be the most exclusive club on GTP by far! Kudos!👍

Agreed. I've just started my own perfect game with the Logitech G25 - I've never used a wheel before!

I can't believe there's only the two of us who are THIS mad though.

jbrennan 29/5/07 - 835 day, minimum perfect game added & repped

Hi there, Famine! Great job to you and jbrennan on your accomplishments.

I'm working on my first run to 100% with GT4, and being a fellow Day 229 clubber, I wanted to follow a similar path. Unfortunately, based on what I've learned of this game so far, I don't think I'll be joining you... unless you consider what I hope to do another "minimum" game.

Regardless, it would help me tremendously to know how many, and which cars ended up being driven. I've read that 32 or 33 cars must be purchased (and hence, driven), but how many cars total must one use?

By the time I reach 100%, I'd like to have as few cars with a "Driven" stat in my garage as possible. What's been the low so far?

I'm still digging through the boards, so I might come up with my own answer. However, I'd like to confirm whatever it is I might come up with, especially knowing how intimately you know this game.

Thanks a lot for the help, and Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazzard

I can't believe there's only the two of us who are THIS mad though.

VVVVVVVRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!111OneoNE!III

Clear the road!! HERE I COME!

Last edited:
Hey RoadHazzard, you might be interested to know that I'm doing my own Day 229 GT3 game right now, and I'm following your "template" on how to do it -- basically, I'm driving the exact same 17 cars that you did, but I plan to do it while spending less money. :)

I'm at about 60% completion, and I haven't spent a dime yet. Right now, I've been running the Seattle enduro over and over trying to win the F1 car...

At least that's one thing "nice" about GT4 -- you don't have to rerun the race over and over to get the prize car that you want.

Hazzard! Good to see you :D

Regardless, it would help me tremendously to know how many, and which cars ended up being driven. I've read that 32 or 33 cars must be purchased (and hence, driven), but how many cars total must one use?

:D Interesting. I think we'll make a chair available for you in the Society :D

I've put what cars I needed to buy in my first post, but I'm not sure at the moment how many other cars I actually drove. The data will be hiding somewhere in one of my GT4 files - but they're currently sitting on a not-turned-on PC, since I moved house. I aim to get them all wired up and happy by the end of next week and I'll attempt to get you an answer. PM me if I don't meet my deadline... :D

Here's the list of cars that I drove which are not in Famine's list of the "must buy" cars, along with how many km I put on each one:

19008.0 - '88 Jaguar XJ-R9 Race Car
4544.6 - '04 Formula GT
2912.5 - '02 Nissan 350Z Concept LM Race Car
1631.8 - '61 Jaguar E Type Coupe
1328.5 - '00 Mercedes CLK Touring Car
1201.0 - '70 Toyota 7 Race Car
506.2 - '01 Pagani Zonda LM
351.6 - '85 Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car
147.5 - '01 Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R
119.5 - '67 Chaparral 2D
94.6 - '04 Option Stream Z
91.7 - '02 Honda NSX-R LM Road Car
82.3 - '54 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1)
74.4 - '98 Suzuki Escudo
68.1 - '87 RUF CTR Yellow Bird
65.6 - '01 Jaguar XJ220 Race Car
65.4 - '01 BMW M3 GTR Race Car
59.0 - '98 Sileighty
56.2 - '01 Subaru Impreza Rally Car Prototype
51.9 - '92 Nissan R92CP Race Car
51.5 - '04 Mercedes SL 65 AMG
48.7 - '73 Alpine A310 1600VE
43.0 - '92 Mercedes 190E EvoII Touring Car
40.5 - '01 Mazda RX-8 Concept Type I
38.8 - '98 Lexus IS200
37.6 - '71 Lotus Europa Special
36.3 - '01 Chevrolet Camaro LM
35.7 - '01 Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car
34.1 - '71 Nissan 240ZG
33.4 - '03 Mazda BP Falken RX-7
33.3 - '87 Mugen Motul Civic Race Car
31.0 - '01 Hyundai HCD6
23.3 - '85 Nissan 240RS Rally Car
21.7 - '94 Cizeta V16T
21.6 - '97 Lancer Evolution IV Rally Car
20.9 - '03 Suzuki Concept S2
18.3 - '54 Citroen 2CV
11.1 - '89 Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car

That's clearly not minimal. If you go through and find a minimal set, be sure to share it...

BTW, I think that makes 70 cars that I actually drove (these 38 prize cars, plus the 32 that I bought). But my garage indicates 73 cars driven, because there were 3 cars that I got into but never drove.

You guys are awesome. Thanks a lot for the quick replies!

I'll definitely post a list of cars that I plan to use as soon as I figure it out, but knowing how dilligently you two attack these games, I'm skeptical that it'll be much different... And I hate how GT4 Auto-Saves whenever you get in a car!!!

Great work, jbrennan! I have no doubt that you'll be able to pull it off, knowing your tenacity and drive. That Seattle race was a doozy (won the F687 on the 7th attempt), but keep at it... That random number generator will give it up eventually!! You can definitely save money on the Vitz. I got really frustrated after days of testing for the Vitz Race, and blew my wad on mods. There were also plenty of oil changes that didn't need to be done. If there's any data you might need, I think I can load up my old hard drive and try to dig it up... I'm rootin for ya!

Right now, I'm trying to plan a "100% Complete, Drive Any Car" gamesave. As I'm still learning about this game, the goals haven't been fully worked out (mostly regarding the "Black Beauties", and whether I "need" them). Basically, I want a 100% gamesave that, after being loaded, gives the player the choice of any/all Make-Model-Year combos with the lowest mileage that are available for use (many which will remain unpurchased, but available in the showrooms). For now, I'm trying to work out the kinks for when I reach weeks 13 & 67, where WAY more than 7 unique used cars (with the lowest mileage) become available in the lots.

In time, I hope to be able to figure out the "theoretical" minimum for a drive-any-car gamesave. But man! Week 67 is a doozy, where around 18 "lowest mileage" representatives show up. Fortunately, some of the 6.2s can be purchased at another time, but I'm gonna have to sacrifice a lot of odometer miles if I don't want to "waste days"...

So, that's what I'm working on right now. I have 5 different Memory cards with games in different stages (none over 10%), but I'm gonna hafta work from my B License Base since all other games are past Week 13...

And, eventually, I'll learn all the proper tags so that I can make these dang posts easier to read. Sorry about the eyesore... :)

Thanks again for the guidance! I'll check back in after I do some more homework/bench testing...

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazzard

In time, I hope to be able to figure out the "theoretical" minimum for a drive-any-car gamesave. But man! Week 67 is a doozy, where around 18 "lowest mileage" representatives show up. Fortunately, some of the 6.2s can be purchased at another time, but I'm gonna have to sacrifice a lot of odometer miles if I don't want to "waste days"...

Hint... You can buy any of the 6.2 mile used cars Day 1 if you buy them from another memory card. :)

Which sort of makes the "theoretical" minimum for a drive-any-car gamesave kind of trivial to work out... Since you can "theoretically" buy any new or used car on any day, then it's basically just a matter of making money as fast as possible (in $/day) -- almost certainly repeating one of the 24h endurance races over and over again. Even using B-spec, that will get quite tedious at a real time 8 hours per race. Especially when you can make nearly a million credits in 6 game days in less than 15 minutes of real time by B-spec'ing the DTM series and selling the prize car. You'd have to be REALLY dedicated to getting a minimum game days solution.

Oops! I meant to say: theoretical minimum for a "Stand-Alone, 100% Complete, 100% A-spec, 80-Gold-License, 522 trophy (100% Wins), Drive-Any-Car Garage" gamesave... but that was quite a mouthful. :)

No licenses, no cars, nor $Cr transferred; no cars sold; and no re-running any races. The only other Memory Cards that I'll use will be backups.

There should be enough prize credits awarded to purchase every unique Make-Model-Year used car that shows up (during the 1100 or so days it should take), with enough left over to purchase any car in any showroom. The trouble is that I'd like to have the Black Beauties in the Garage, but that puts a REALLY big squeeze on the $Cr, so I don't know if it's doable (without repeating a race). The good thing is that they're all acquirable elsewhere.

Well, I've got some other things to do for a good while (an interview and Cert. Exam), so I might not be 'round for a while. But I'll keep updating the status of this game, and anything I discover/learn about it!

Thanks again for all the help, guys. I wouldn't even think about starting this if Pioneers like you never shared their experiences!

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazzard

FWIW, I'm currently trying to work through a 100% complete Day 835 GT4 game while driving as few different cars as possible.

It won't qualify as a complete perfect game to the same extent as my other Day 835 effort because for this one I'm making liberal use of B-Spec... Which shouldn't affect the number of cars that I need to drive, of course.

Mostly, I'm noticing a few places where it looks like my choice of cars is limited if I'm going for the minimal number of driven cars:

- Must use an RX-8 to do the Mazda Club "RE" races.
- Must use some sort of Mercedes SL to do the Legends of the Silver Arrow races.
- Must use an Alfa Romeo GTA to do La Festa Italiano.
- Must use a Civic Type R to do the Type R Meeting.

Also, I'm wondering how many high-powered race cars I need to use. I need to use the Camaro LM Race Car (needed for the Camaro Meeting), but there seem to be lots of races that I can't win using that car. So maybe just the Camaro LM and the Formula GT might do it -- but I'm not sure if there are any races which the Formula GT is ineligible for?

BTW, the Camaro LM can beat the Sauber at Tsukuba Wet. :) Throw on a turbo and some super soft tires and it gets the job done. :)

In trying to work out a Day 835 GT4 game with minimal driven cars, the Europe Classic Car League series seems to be a problem... Theoretically, you could do this race in the Citroen 2CV. But it seems unlikely that the 2CV can actually sweep the series. I tried the first race (1 lap of the 'Ring) in a maxed out 2CV, and managed a 4th place, 90 seconds behind the winning 300 SL Coupe.

One alternative (and the one I'll probably choose), is to buy a car from another memory card -- if I buy a '65 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 to do the GTA Cup, or if I buy a '54 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe to do the SL Challenge, either of those cars can likely sweep the Europe Classic Car League, and I wouldn't have to "waste" a car on that series. However, it's still not a slam dunk, as both the GTA and the SL cars that I would use also need to win other races (La Festa Italiano or Legends of the Silver Arrow) if I'm going for minimum driven cars, and I don't recall either of those other races as being particularly "soft"...

So it's either win the series in a 2CV (somewhere between difficult and impossible), use a second memory card to buy a prize car before it can be won, or add an extra car to the list of driven cars.

For me, I've already bought a Mercedes SL and driven it, so I'm going to try buying the '65 Alfa from another memory card and hope that it can win La Festa Italiano.

I've gotten past the interview, and the Cert Exam is scheduled. I'm almost ready to start working on my gamesave, but I won't be able to dedicate too much time to it until the 2nd week in September...

The way things are looking right now, my gamesave will probably run around 1050 days. I think this puts me somewhere in Q1 of the 3rd year, and allows me to defer purchases of some used vehicles that appear up to Week 50, 51 or 52. Here's the (tentative) breakdown:
80 License Tests
34 Missions
522 Race Days
166 Prize/Bonus Cars acquired
260 Used Cars acquired
~30 New Cars acquired (from a Showroom)

The *REALLY CRITICAL* weeks are 68 and 75, where 8 of the unique Lowest Mileage Y-M-M vehicles that appear during that time CANNOT be acquired elsewhere (during another week, as a Prize/Bonus car, and/or in a showroom). I'll figure out which of these cars (non 6.2 mi) has the smallest difference in mileage compared to the "2nd Lowest Mileage" vehicle of the same type, then buy that one in its stead.

I'm still weighing things out regarding Minimum Car Usage, and the actual timing of my used car purchases. There are a lot of Events that show an "Etc." in the eligible car list, which makes it very frustrating to come up with a firm plan for such. Since I'm buying so many used cars, I'm adjusting my goals of "Minimum Purchases" to "Minimum New Car Purchases".

Great work, jbrennan! I wish I could wait for you to finish, so I can have a better idea as to what I need to do as well, but unfortunately our slightly different goals may lead to some slightly different results. In any case, I'll be eagerly watching for your updates, and I'm rootin for ya!!!

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazzard

Last edited:
I just finished a day 835 100%, all gold license game where I only drove 47 cars.

I think that doing it in less than 47 will be difficult. Not sure if 47 is the absolute minimum, but I can't see an easy way to eliminate one of the cars.

In addition to the 32 cars that need to be bought (see post #1 of this thread), I believe that you need to drive 15 additional cars:

- Citroen 2CV (for 2HP - 2CV Classics)
- A Lotus (for Lotus Classics)
- An Alpine (for Renault Alpine Cup)
- A Hyundai (for Hyundai Sports Festival)
- Some sort of Silvia/240 type car (for Silvia Sisters)
- Suzuki concept (for Suzuki Concepts)
- Some sort of Lancer Evolution (for Evolution Meeting)
- A Corvette (for Vette! Vette! Vette!)
- An RX-8 (for NR-A RX-8 Cup)
- A BMW M car (for Club "M")
- An Impreza or Legacy (for Stars of Pleiades)
- Some sort of Skyline (for Race of the Red "R" Emblem)
- Some sort of Nissan Z (for Club "Z")
- A Camaro (for Camaro Meeting)
- Any full on race car capable of winning against "F1" and LMP cars

I did "cheat" slightly in that I bought the Alfa GTA Cup prize car from a second memory card in order to be able to use the same car for that Alfa GTA Cup and for the Europe Classic Car League. The only "natural" candidate for the Europe Classic Car League is the Citroen 2CV, and I don't think that car is up to the task, even fully modded and tuned.

I suppose it might be theoretically possible to eliminate the "full on race car" at the end of my list, but that would likely mean sweeping the Formula GT championship in something like the Camaro LM race car, GT-R Concept LM race car, the Option Stream Z, the Cerbera Speed 12(?)... Those are quick cars, but they're not Formula GT quick.

Last edited:
Hey, jbrennan! Congrats on the job well done!!

It looks like we're on the same page. I just finished my lineup last night, and I came up with the same #... 47 cars to be used...

I'm buying 19 of them used, 22 new, and only 6 prize cars used (all of which can be re-acquired brand new).
(edited - I adjusted my used/new lineup to avoid having to make purchases past week 175)

I just finished a sweep of the Euro Classic Car League with the 2CV. It can do it against USA lineup #7 (no Elan, no 300 SL, no AC427, no Jag), and Nurburgring was the hardest. If you're looking to try it, don't forget to take off the chip if you're using Turbo... I wasted 2 days before I realized the chip got in the way. I have settings and a video, but the vid won't be up until later. LMK if you'd like them sooner.
(edited)
Here's a link to the video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REBlY31nkRQ
Here are the mods:
Non-changeable Mods: Oil Change, Stage 3 Lightweight, Port Polish, Engine Balancing, Stiffness
Add-ons: Racing Exhaust, Nitrous, Stage 1 Turbo, Full Custom Suspension, Full Custom Transmission, Triple-plate Clutch, Racing Flywheel (note: NO CHIP)

Settings:
S2 Tires
Nitrous @ 50
Spring Rate: 7.8 F, 7.3 R
Ride Height: 112 F, 112 R
Shock Bound: 9 F, 9 R
Camber Angle: 1.0 F, 0.5 R
Transmission: Auto 13, 1 - 2.223, 2 - 1.526, 3 - 1.122, 4 - 0.872, 5 - 0.722, F - 3.850
Aids: 0, 0, 0
0 Ballast
All other settings @ DEFAULT
118 A-spec points

This tranny is set to reach 105 along the final straight at The Ring (no draft, you can get to 112-115 behind a competitor). With some 5th and/or Final Gear adjustments, you might be able to squeeze an mph or two out of it. The problem is that, even with Stage 3 Lightening and 0 Ballast, this little piggy has a HARD time coming up the hills into and out of Karussell. Trying to increase the bottle made it too likely to run out before the finish, and I was trying to conserve like a miser. You lose a LOT of time in those sections and through the final straight to opponents that can run near the 120s, no draft.

Qualifying helps a lot, but maybe against a different lineup it's not as important. All opponents pit for their qualifying hot lap!!! One thing for sure is that you don't want to start directly behind the Fiat 500's. They slow you down tremendously from the get-go.

Needless to say, they key is getting lineup #7. The Ginetta is beatable and even spins out frequently, but you have to get to lineup 15 or 19 or something to encounter the next one that doesn't include the 300SL, Elan, E-type, and 427. I'm going to retry this one without the Engine Balancing, without Stiffness, only Stage 2 Lightening, and a Semi-Racing Suspension. I'll add Ballast to see how competitive it can remain, but I don't imagine it'll be that much...

On a related note, I finished the CdlS 24h last week (early September '08) with the Motul Pitwork Z. The R8 was a competitor, and it got me thinking. If the R8 can sweep the F1 races, and I can beat the AI R8... Can the Motul Pitwork Z sweep the F1 races??? I'll find out more once I unlock the Extreme Events on my test card. For now, the # is still 47, but I'll let y'all know if I can make it 46, or how close I can get...

It will take me 1219 days to "complete" my gamesave. I'll actually be finishing my last race on day 1216, getting the prize car for the final series on day 1217, then getting the black F1 on day 1218. Finally, I'll be getting the last of the low-mile Used Cars on day 1 of week 175.

During Week 75, there are 8 lowest mileage representatives that appear in the Used Car Lots. None of these appear elsewhere (not with the lowest miles, anyway). And since there are only 7 days in a week... 175 weeks (174 weeks + 1 day) is the soonest anyone can complete their collection of lowest mileage used cars that are unavailable elsewhere (meaning, the Black Beauties don't have to be bought).

So I guess this would be the minimum "Stand-Alone, Drve Any Car, Gold Junkie, Single-run Races/Missions, Minimum Driven, Zero B-spec, Lowest Mileage Used Car Unavailable Elsewhere, Non-Car-Selling Gamesave" :P

After getting there, I'll make another backup and start working on getting the Black Beauties, and/or getting an all-car garage. As of now, the only thing I'll allow myself to do to earn $Cr after getting 100% is to repeatedly pass Mission 34, as it is the best money earner that doesn't require the use of a car.

I'm working on finishing my licenses for now. I already have the missions complete and 6 used cars bought (3 of which I'm using). After I complete my S License, I'll have 6 cars I'll be using, and about $168k without getting into a car. At that point, I'll make another backup, and get going for real. I don't have all the races scheduled yet, but my lineup is pretty firm now.

Until then,
Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazzard

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back