The 1st of June Society

• Thread starter Famine
  • 170 comments
wow nice job there, I'm glad to see someone else who doesnt just b-spec eveything

ok, truth of the matter is, I dont know how to b-spec. but from what I hear about the ai in that mode, i'd rather do it myself so don't care to learn it ;)

It is not till you actually sit down and attempt to start this quest that you realise just what an effort Famine has made in its completion.

Famine if you do not mind, I would like to ask a few questions.
Did you test car selections on another game save before committing to the minimum game save?
Did you use a back up memory card in case of mistakes?
Did you ever need to buy a used car from another memory card because it was not present in the used car lots when required?
What car did you use first and what event?
Did you use the same car for more than one event?
Did you upgrade your cars? If yes what did you do?

I have a game save with all Golds in the Licenses and all missions complete at day 136 with 282,500 credits in the bank.
My diary shows no entry for days 1 and 6. The line is blank. Do you have any ideas what may have caused this?
Planning on starting my first race tonight.

Uncle Harry
It is not till you actually sit down and attempt to start this quest that you realise just what an effort Famine has made in its completion.

Thanks... :D Just seeing what I could do with the game really... :D

Uncle Harry
Famine if you do not mind, I would like to ask a few questions.

No problems.

Uncle Harry
Did you test car selections on another game save before committing to the minimum game save?

I had the Japanese NTSC game for 4 months before my PAL game arrived. This gave me plenty of time to test what was possible and what was not on large portions of the game. I did, however, run quite a few tests with no intention of racing on the PAL game - not least because there may be differences between the AI fields in the two versions.

Now, with the GTPWiki, even this isn't necessary, as many (most) race fields are detailed for you.

Uncle Harry
Did you use a back up memory card in case of mistakes?

I used my XPort/MaxDrive to backup occasionally (and after EVERY endurance race). Since I also had to use my memory card in the course of staging the UKGTP4 event, this would have been necessary anyway.

Uncle Harry
Did you ever need to buy a used car from another memory card because it was not present in the used car lots when required?

No. My prior work on the PAL Used Car Cycles List - completed concurrently with this gamesave - allowed me to plan this very precisely.

Uncle Harry
What car did you use first and what event?

I think my very first event was the Beginner Hall/FR event. I used the Nismo 270R from International A Licence. I netted 337 A-Spec points from this series.

Of course the very FIRST thing I did was IA/IB/S licences and Mission Hall. I did the licences to 15 gold/1 bronze (so as to get only the one prize car, for only 1 day down, but maintain SOME standards :D ).

Uncle Harry
Did you use the same car for more than one event?

Oh yes. The Nismo 270R, Cadillac Cien, Nissan R89C and Alfa 155 Touring Car all took more than their fair share of races, with the Lancia Delta Rally Car being used for almost the whole of Special Condition Hall.

Naturally, this endeavour does require some sharing anyway. Unless you're going for the all-gold game, you must buy a VW Lupo GTi for use in the Lupo AND GTi Cups at Volkswagen, or it bumps your required cars up to 33. The all-golder will get a VW Lupo 1.4 for the B-Licence, but still needs a VW GTi, so still needs 32 cars.

Uncle Harry
Did you upgrade your cars? If yes what did you do?

On occasion. The Opel Speedster/Vauxhall VX220 requires it for its cup. I'd fettle something just for the hell of it occasionally too - the Autobianchi being a case in point. And, much as it pains me to say it, nitrous did come into it, as a cheap way of hitting the front quickly in rolling-start 2 lappers with identical AI fields.

Uncle Harry
I have a game save with all Golds in the Licenses and all missions complete at day 136 with 282,500 credits in the bank.
My diary shows no entry for days 1 and 6. The line is blank. Do you have any ideas what may have caused this?

I haven't got a clue. PhotoTravel, perhaps? 34 Missions, 5 prize cars, 80 licences, 15 prize cars and the start day should have you at day 135.

I've not come across blank lines before, so I can't think of anything which might cause it...

Famine
The all-golder will get a VW Lupo 1.4 for the B-Licence

The Lupo 1.4 is awarded for completing the B Licence (ie all bronzes), not gold as you said. (assuming I read you right) ;)

And PhotoTravel shows "Travelled to take pictures at [wherever]" in the diary. :)

blue_sharky39
The Lupo 1.4 is awarded for completing the B Licence (ie all bronzes), not gold as you said. (assuming I read you right) ;)

And PhotoTravel shows "Travelled to take pictures at [wherever]" in the diary. :)

The Gold prize car for B license is the Honda S500.
Thanks for the reply on the Photo Travel entry.

Thanks for the replies Famine. Most informative as usual.

I am undecided on my start options.
To buy a used Civic type R as a starter is an option.
I can do quite a few events with that and against the right line up will give 200 points in the Type R races.
Also I would go for the Shelby Series One Supercharged over the Shelby Cobra. The Series One is a favourite of mine. I could start with that.
Buying a Dodge Ram for the truck races could boost A spec points for other events.
I could buy a K class banger from the 2nd hand dealers and only use my 10,000 starting credit to make things hard.

Would a race report of my races (similar to my GT3 report) be of interest.
I could give a breif race report, lap times, AI field and a spec scores as I intend to keep notes. (B spec for the long enduros).

blue_sharky39

You are correct to make that distinction, BUT...

Anyone doing a minimum game-time game will transfer their B and A licences across to their GT4 game, to save 34 days (32 licences, 2 cars). The all-golder going for the minimum game-time game will, by definition, do ALL of the licences to gold, so they will get ALL of the licence prize cars that a minimum game-timer won't, including the Lupo 1.4.

The Lupo 1.4 isn't available to the normal minimum game-timer because they won't DO that licence at all.

Famine
You are correct to make that distinction, BUT...

Anyone doing a minimum game-time game will transfer their B and A licences across to their GT4 game, to save 34 days (32 licences, 2 cars). The all-golder going for the minimum game-time game will, by definition, do ALL of the licences to gold, so they will get ALL of the licence prize cars that a minimum game-timer won't, including the Lupo 1.4.

The Lupo 1.4 isn't available to the normal minimum game-timer because they won't DO that licence at all.

Just to clarify the licensce transfer. Am I correct in saying the transfer works only from a GT Concept game save and not from a GT3 game save. Bad Luck if you never owned GT Concept.

Famine
... Anyone doing a minimum game-time game will transfer their B and A licences across to their GT4 game...
Unless some 🤬 broke into their house and stole their copy of GT3 and the memory cards with GT3 game saves. Luckily my copy of GT4 was in the PS2 at the time and they left that behind.

Uncle Harry
Just to clarify the licensce transfer. Am I correct in saying the transfer works only from a GT Concept game save and not from a GT3 game save. Bad Luck if you never owned GT Concept.

Actually, that's a good question... I don't know off the top of my head.

Moloch_horridus - ouch...

This thread
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52733
shows messages that come up about data transfer from GT3 and Prolouge.
It is for the Japanese version, but I assume it is the same for PAL. (It was similar in my PAL game from memory).
Not sure what the NTSC version does.
Famine you must have GT3 and GTConcept saves on the same memory card if you did not notice this?
I only ever had the option to import the extra credits from my GT3 save.
I could never import licenses as I never had Concept.

I remember importing 100,000cr from GT3 👍, but i did the licenses my self as i wanted all gold.

Well done Famine! Wonderful achievment!! :bowdown: 👍

Id never have the patience to do this.

Uncle Harry
Planning on starting my first race tonight.
If I remember correctly entering a license test and exiting it without getting any medal out of it does this. I had a couple blank lines too in diary when I was taking license tests and just had to find out why they were there :)

Uncle Harry
This thread
It is for the Japanese version, but I assume it is the same for PAL. (It was similar in my PAL game from memory).
Famine you must have GT3 and GTConcept saves on the same memory card if you did not notice this?

NA NTSC let me xfer A and B licenses and 100,000 CR from my GT3 save at the start.

Uncle Harry
This thread

In my initial gamesave i used a Prologue save to transfer the Domestic Licences, if thats any help UH.

Seeing as how it takes a day to purchase a vehicle, you could say my first gamesave is the Bloat gamesave w/ a sweet tooth & the mission order bug :sly::ill:

Well, I guess you can count me out of your club for Special People. I've never reached 100% completion on any GT game, and I doubt I ever will. Nevermind getting to 100% in the absolute least amount of time possible!

Prostar I am not.

Prime, I am.

Just want to say WELL DONE FAMINE!!!
I'm still aiming for 100% (75.x% at the moment) but I'd never have the patience to join the 1st of June Society...

I'm most shocked that you completed the game with only 21,000 miles. It took me 25,000 A-Spec miles to beat GT3. I'll never be a member of this club, I prefer to let B-spec do my driving now. He has 64,000 miles now lol.

Hopefully devotion like this will somehow payoff in the soon to come online GT world, where you are sure to be the leader in many stats!

Just a little correction...

If in fact day 791 is June 1, then day 774 should be May 15, not May 13.

I'll be able to verify that shortly -- I'm at over 80% completion on my way to finishing on day 774. All that's left are the two La Sarthe enduros and a bunch of manufacturer races.

Quite right. Amended.

Good to see there's more than one utter fruitloop out there! :D

Famine
Good to see there's more than one utter fruitloop out there! :D

Yeah, fruitloop indeed...

An even sillier idea: trying to complete the game in the minimum number of days, PLUS with the minimum number of A-Spec points... :sly: (Proving that completing the game basically consists of beating Mission 34, and that the rest is just fluff... :lol: )

The theoretical minimum is 8563 -- 8500 for the 34 driving missions and 63 for the 63 special condition races. I'm not sure if that's actually possible -- is there a car you can use for the Hard Tsukuba Wet race that only gives you 1 A-Spec point?

"So, you finished GT4 with 8563 A-Spec points??? Wow, you are an awesome B-Spec director!!!!" :bowdown: :lol:

jbrennen
Yeah, fruitloop indeed...

An even sillier idea: trying to complete the game in the minimum number of days, PLUS with the minimum number of A-Spec points... :sly: (Proving that completing the game basically consists of beating Mission 34, and that the rest is just fluff... :lol: )

The theoretical minimum is 8563 -- 8500 for the 34 driving missions and 63 for the 63 special condition races. I'm not sure if that's actually possible -- is there a car you can use for the Hard Tsukuba Wet race that only gives you 1 A-Spec point?

"So, you finished GT4 with 8563 A-Spec points??? Wow, you are an awesome B-Spec director!!!!" :bowdown: :lol:

^^^:D It's interesting and boring at the same time...imagine completing the game mostly on B-Spec! :crazy: ,

But completing the game in A-Spec is just awesome, specially the patience required for the 3 24 hour endurance races...I tip my hat off to you Famine!!!

one question though...did you do the 24 Hour enduros one after another?

Ciao...

Mr.OzzyGT
imagine completing the game mostly on B-Spec! :crazy:

Well, that's basically what I'm in the process of doing... 82.6% complete, 592 A-spec miles and 12342 B-spec miles. I'm not claiming that it's any feat comparable to 100% A-spec, but the idea of doing the game in the minimum number of days appealed to me. Once you take that challenge on, you realize that you're going to need to do a lot of B-spec racing to get your B-spec points up high enough to sweep all 15 races of the Formula GT championship -- it's not like you can do this and only B-spec the handful of Extreme Hall events which require an S license (at least I don't think that's possible).

There's definitely strategy and skill involved in completing the game in the minimum number of days, but other than Mission 34, not a tremendous need for driving heroics...

I've got other game saves which I've done all A-spec, but I've never gotten to 100% all A-spec and probably never will...

I never saw this before. Well done, Famine.

I wish I loved this game enough to try to attempt something like this. I did Day 229 twice, but this I wont touch.

Okay, I finished the "amazing" feat of finishing the game on day 774. :)

day774_1.jpg

And...

day774_2.jpg

Not much to say about it from a driving perspective; B-spec Bob did about 96% of the driving... :lol: Obviously I did the missions and the special conditions races; also I drove the DTM series, the Opel Speedster series, and the Civic series which I saved for last (for some reason, I thought that completing the game by winning in a bone stock Civic at Midfield was a fitting finale).

Obviously, I finished with a fair bit less money than Famine did. I was guilty of maxing out a number of cars which didn't really need it, but I figured that I'd want to go back and drive them fully tuned once I'd completed this challenge. Also, for instance, I bought a Peugeot 206 rally car to do the 206 manufacturer series when a street 206 would have worked fine; but being a dirt racing kind of guy, I figured I'd get more use out of the 206 rally car once this was over...

Total real calendar time, I think this took somewhere around 3 1/2 weeks. I'm not sure if that's anything close to a record for the quickest completion, but I certainly never would have guessed that I would ever go from 0 to 100% in under a month. But I also never would have planned to B-spec 96% of the game either... (I played a lot of Civilization IV on my laptop computer while managing B-spec Bob's activities.)

Back