The 2002 Olympic games.

Ever play SSX or SSX Tricky? That's BoarderCross (or Boarder Cross; i don't know, i like "BoarderCross" better :P )

If not, it's snowboarding down a mountain in a race with 6 racers i think, and jumps and caverns and tunnels and such.

Do they have that? :)

one of the nicest opening ceremonies ever... I liked the fact all countries were hailed rather than booed... very nice!

Originally posted by PunkRock
one of the nicest opening ceremonies ever... I liked the fact all countries were hailed rather than booed... very nice!

Yugoslavia got the louest cheers other than the USA, only because the US was right behind them:)

Too much pageantry and too much of the kid with the light.

The good stuff is the athlete's parade and the torch lighting. The best torch lighting was the archer at Barcelona '92.

I think it's ridculous that every opening ceremony has to pay lip service to the natives. The cultural heritage of the US is totally unconnected to the Native Americans. And the race we call "Native American" probably just beat up the people that were here before them (there's evidence of people who were a different race from the Native Americans).

Originally posted by KevinPSX
Too much pageantry and too much of the kid with the light.

The good stuff is the athlete's parade and the torch lighting. The best torch lighting was the archer at Barcelona '92.

I think it's ridculous that every opening ceremony has to pay lip service to the natives. The cultural heritage of the US is totally unconnected to the Native Americans. And the race we call "Native American" probably just beat up the people that were here before them (there's evidence of people who were a different race from the Native Americans).

That's the spirit! :rolleyes:

I don't think that I've ever sat through an entire Olympic opening ceremony before tonight. I thought everything about it was perfect...esecially the '80 hockey team lighting the torch! :cool:

I also enjoyed the shot of George W. talking on Sasha Cohen's cell phone. It was pretty cool since she lives about 5 miles from me! ;)

Originally posted by NinjaTurtle
I don't think that I've ever sat through an entire Olympic opening ceremony before tonight. I thought everything about it was perfect...esecially the '80 hockey team lighting the torch! :cool:

I also enjoyed the shot of George W. talking on Sasha Cohen's cell phone. It was pretty cool since she lives about 5 miles from me! ;)

:eek: Cool!

Well, the USA is number one in the medals standings so far with two silvers. Austria has a silver and a bronze and 8 other nations have 1 medal.

5 medal events (15 total medals) are up for grabs tomorrow.

mmmmm... not too much medal chances for Canada... hockey, skiing, snowboarding (GO JASEY JAY!!!) stupid figure skating, curling, short and long track speed skating... these are the ones where we might get a medal... pretty much sucks!

Originally posted by GCstyle

What is my daddy? Um, a human..... :confused:

:lol:

It's "quien" space. :P

Really? That shows how much spanish i picked up in spain:lol:

Although the spanish that the Cuban's, Puerto Rican's, etc., etc. speak here is totally different then what they speak in spain.

Even in spain, the differnet regions of spain have different dialecs:)

Would been nice to get a medal in the Nordic combined k90. The Finns moved ahead of us in the standings with their 1-2 in that event. Darn. Hopefully we can do well in women's halfpipe and 3000 meters.

That speed skating is some amazing stuff. They go so fast. World records have been broken already. I guess it's because everyone is saying that Utah has the fastest ice. :D

HAHAHAHA!!! first women hockey game for Canada... against Kazakstan!!! It's 5-0 for Canada after 2 periods!!! the Kazak's have something like 6 or 7 shots at goal!!!

I'm telling you, we'll have a Canada-USA final in women hockey!

Did anyone see the Long Track 5000m the Mens? I know Derek Parra and KC Bootea (spelling I have never been able to spell is name) I also know Jennifer Rodrequiz(long track) and Apolo Ohno (short track). They are all former SpeedSkaters, Apolo skated for Patteson's out of Washington, KC skated for a Wyoming team, Jennifer once skated for the Miami Hurricanes and Derek Parra skated for the Deleware team. I skated for GT Speed :)

Jeremy Wotherspoon fell!!! I can't 🤬 believe it!!! Canada's best medal effort fell off the line!!!

Latest Posts

Back