the 2018 FIA-certified Gran Turismo Championships are underway and live

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 217 comments
As it seems that you are tired to a manufacturer for the rest of this year, what are you guys looking at? Personally, I have been looking at Jag or Aston as I do not have either gr4 or 3 from both of them.

So basically, only the Final Season counts, but need to be a Star Player. Star Player for the Final Season is determined by Season 2. Star Player for Season 2 is determined by Season 1.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Also, Season 1 says 5 rounds, but only lists 4 dates.

As it seems that you are tired to a manufacturer for the rest of this year, what are you guys looking at? Personally, I have been looking at Jag or Aston as I do not have either gr4 or 3 from both of them.

It's gonna be a bit of a lottery thing.

If you pick an OP manu you might be destroyed on a nerf later, or not.

If you pick an underpowered manu you might be destroyed now and be rewarded with a decent bop buff for the final (that really matters) events, or not.

lol

It's gonna be a bit of a lottery thing.

If you pick an OP manu you might be destroyed on a nerf later, or not.

If you pick an underpowered manu you might be destroyed now and be rewarded with a decent bop buff for the final (that really matters) events, or not.

lol
I don't care if a car is OP or underpowered as long as I am able to stay consistent in it. Handling and fuel economy is much more important to me than outright speed. I don't know if I've even driven either car in any of the mission or track exp. events lol. Also, just recognized your PSN name from kicking my a** all the time lol. You're extremely quick.

From GT website

After the end of the Pre-Season in May, the 'FIA Gran Turismo Championship' 2018 Series will finally begin on 20 June.

There will be 2 Championships in 2018: the Nations Cup and the Manufacturer Series. Both will start their online phase with Season 1 in June, continuing with Season 2 in July and concluding August-September with a Final Season that will determine the players who will advance to the Live Events, where all the top players from the fierce online races will gather for a chance to advance to the World Final and ultimately be crowned "Champion".

We will distribute Live Reports throughout the competitions so top players and fans alike will be able to revel in the same excitement.

For more details on the Championships, please refer to the “FIA Gran Turismo Championship Overview" related link below.

I'm probably going with Ford. The mustang for some reason is the only Gr.3 car I can drive without spinning. Hopefully it isn't too popular.

Star Players
To recognize players leading the championship standings, we’ve introduced a brand-new Star Player system. Only qualifying players* in the top 200 season point rankings (or the top 10 for their country or chosen manufacturer) will be able to register for this prestigious title.

Drivers who’ve registered as Star Players will be given the opportunity to enter the Top 24 Superstar Races where bonus points can be earned. Plus, their in-game Driver Rating will be displayed as “S”, for the entire GT community to see.

I was a Citroën guy for 15 seasons but I’ll go with Ferrari. Lambo Gr.4 is too boring for me even though it’s clearly one of the best cars in the field.

I can't fight 100% right now because of lack of internet. I got 2-4 seconds slower per lap of the fastest records because of it. That's all I have. Straight and fast tracks kill me for instant. But don't worry, I keep driving on. Good luck for them who fight at the top table.

*sigh* PD... fix Mercedes... please. You've nerfed all of its' cars into the ground (SLS Gr.4 is much too heavy, AMG GT GT3 understeers a tad, it has bad 5th and 6th gears and no more characteristic presence of straight-line power, SLS Gr.3 understeers way too bad). I will be using Mercedes-AMG because I'm loyal and their my favourite brand, but I don't think I'll be winning anytime soon. Here's to the smallest hope that BoP gets a change very soon... for all OP and UP cars... for the better.

EDIT: I really wonder who these new BoP testers employed by PD that @mclarenLB mentioned are?

K32
*sigh* PD... fix Mercedes... please. You've nerfed all of its' cars into the ground (SLS Gr.4 is much too heavy, AMG GT GT3 understeers a tad, it has bad 5th and 6th gears and no more characteristic presence of straight-line power, SLS Gr.3 understeers way too bad). I will be using Mercedes-AMG because I'm loyal and their my favourite brand, but I don't think I'll be winning anytime soon. Here's to the smallest hope that BoP gets a change very soon... for all OP and UP cars... for the better.

EDIT: I really wonder who these new BoP testers employed by PD that @mclarenLB mentioned are?

I mean to be fair pre-nerf the AMG GT3 was stupidly dominant around Nurburgring N24, and is quite possibly the single easiest Group 3 car to drive, due to it being so consistent, I can live with it being a little slower.

Ooh, next batch of live events will be in October, just when Nik_Makozi should be turning 18. Yes, hope is restored!

@mclarenLB, no, that would be the Nissan GT-R, Peugeot VGT and the Corvette. They're all faster around the N24 layout, but the AMG GT is better on the GP circuit. Last time I checked Nissan also had better fuel consumption. AMG GT requires you to push all the time to get the most out of it.

EDIT: Sorry, it was slower and was better only on Nurb GP. So now it should be even slower.

Last edited:
Back