the 2018 FIA-certified Gran Turismo Championships are underway and live

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 217 comments
Hi guys. My first post here on this forum but i was reading a lot of your posts.

Anyway, it's a shame as well that Croatia isn't (?) eligible for the FIA Championship, as we have very good and fast drivers (Zoky, PhaedrusSocrates, ivann_11, just to name a few, sorry if i skipped some of the guys out there). I was as well looking forward to the FIA Championship practicing, testing out different manufacturers, etc; but seeing this just made me really sad, not just for myself as i think i am not as competitive as my co-nationals and other top running guys.

I hope its just provisory and that they will update soon the eligible countries (Italy aswell with some very fast drivers).

Please PD do something :)

K32
But there are only 4 races for this season, what do you mean?

https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport/news/00_1886955.html

My bad, assumed it was 8 rounds but if it’s best 2 out of 4 I can do the 27th and 30th

7B62DB39-0060-4573-9A4E-B8FF424F9F6E.png

Hi guys. My first post here on this forum but i was reading a lot of your posts.

Anyway, it's a shame as well that Croatia isn't (?) eligible for the FIA Championship, as we have very good and fast drivers (Zoky, PhaedrusSocrates, ivann_11, just to name a few, sorry if i skipped some of the guys out there). I was as well looking forward to the FIA Championship practicing, testing out different manufacturers, etc; but seeing this just made me really sad, not just for myself as i think i am not as competitive as my co-nationals and other top running guys.

I hope its just provisory and that they will update soon the eligible countries (Italy aswell with some very fast drivers).

Please PD do something :)
Luxembourg isn't include either. A guy from Luxembourg was in the team that won the manufacturer's race at the World Tour Event.

So besides Italy, Croatia and Luxembourg, any other countries being left out for no good reason?

Luxembourg isn't include either. A guy from Luxembourg was in the team that won the manufacturer's race at the World Tour Event.

So besides Italy, Croatia and Luxembourg, any other countries being left out for no good reason?
Slovenia, Turkey, Greece and probably some more.
But we do have Kuwait, Libanon and Oman :boggled:

Last edited:
I was expecting a patch before the beginning of the FIA official events

Theres a lot of OP cars/manufacturers, the penalty system is far from ready.

If this thing really starts without some of these changes, it's going to be a mess.

GTS at this current form is not ready imo.

BOP is never perfect and might change during season. Just heared GTEPro Ford driver complain about BoP in LeMans 24h.. :lol:👍

The Viper is actually amazing with the current BoP. It's a top tier Gr.4 on almost every track and is pretty easy to drive. The fuel economy and tire wear are decent as wel. It's my favorite car in the game currently. :)

Its pretty good, but I definitely wouldn't call it OP

Quick question, would appreciate it if someone would help me out on this. I'm from India and since India isn't on the list of eligible countries, does that mean there won't be any regional finals here? Or is it just for the star registration form? Its a Shane that India isn't included though.

You're tied throught out 2018 for the manufacturer season?

Great, I was going with Mclaren anyway. Car I'm used to driving in both Gr. 3 and 4 classes. The 650S Gr.4 is a great car, it's a top 3-5 car every race with a chance to win every so often.

So, no Italy on FIA championship. So, main reason I actually purchased the game is not available in my country. So, it will keep stay on the shelves of my bookcase. Wondering why I even purchased the Collector's Edition, considering I still never received the Peugeot 908 and Safety cars.

That’s the points they are allcoating to manufacturers to decide which ones are in the global final, player points will be the same as they are now I think.
Something I can only wish.

I am happy the seasons starts, but WHY so many races in July and August when people will be on vacation? I planned from 8th till 22nd of August, so I am likely gonna miss 5 races in the final season :irked:

Polyphony are a powerful games developer. I really don't think they are going to try and work around you and some others who go on holiday. They expect people to work around them if they are truly committed to making the Finals.

I am happy the seasons starts, but WHY so many races in July and August when people will be on vacation? I planned from 8th till 22nd of August, so I am likely gonna miss 5 races in the final season :irked:
Esports champions don't need holidays.

Haven’t actually loaded up the game to make sure but the news you’re locked into your choice of manufacturer until the end of year is excellent. Will encourage people to choose the cars they’re the most comfortable with or the brand they have pride in rather than what’s hot or what everyone else is using, and it’ll be interesting racing against the same group of people in the same cars every series

Game is way off being E-Sport ready. Penalty system is still a joke.

Get rammed by an opponent and get hit by a 10 second slowdown penalty. Obviously makes sense to PD.

Back