the 2018 FIA-certified Gran Turismo Championships are underway and live

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 217 comments
Polyphony are a powerful games developer. I really don't think they are going to try and work around you and some others who go on holiday. They expect people to work around them if they are truly committed to making the Finals.
Do not expect to be near the finals, but I like FIA races more then daily races cause due less races the matchmaking works quite perfect and everybody sits in the same penalty boat.

Esports champions don't need holidays.
So I will never be one ;)

K32
The Veyron Gr.4 doesn't have a Gr.3 counterpart, so you can't choose Bugatti. Sorry. :D

2VSo8.gif

Shows how much I’ve looked into that manufacturer lol

Everyone knows who I am going with manufacturer wise :D! I am surprised there's no new tyre model yet.... so with that in mind I'm going to wiz through the last 9 BoP tests this week and next and re do any previous ones that have had improvements..

I'm interested to know whether S rating affects Nations and Manufacturers as you could technically leave Manufacturers until later when you know who's picked what :P!

At this point I wish my student times back, where I had endless free- time when I wanted (of course on costs of studying progress)

Not that I would be competitive, but as I see, it requires a huge car knowledge and bop testing time if dont want to be at last places.

Sounds like a full time job

Good luck to you all who give really effort in it!

Ahh so this is finally happening. I'm sure I'm no where near the pace I used to have but kinda curious to mess around with this for fun.

Pretty much the only time I turn the game on now is when a car/track update hits and play the new stuff for 30 mins.

I tried to get into this but it was just a disaster. I entered 4 races and each one I got run into multiple times. I'd qualify in the top 3-5 and finish last or close to it. I really wanted to do this but it was a major disappointment.

Mini rant over.... Carry on lol

I’m already calling the Final Season Thirty Days in Hell.

I’ll be streaming all the races I’m in that month hopefully.

I have a question, just today i have run the game since long time and a pop up message showed up to me that i require to register with my email for the competition. However, i noticed below that my birth date have a mistake. I just want to make sure that it will not affect me later if i managed to get the "star players".

I have a question, just today i have run the game since long time and a pop up message showed up to me that i require to register with my email for the competition. However, i noticed below that my birth date have a mistake. I just want to make sure that it will not affect me later if i managed to get the "star players".

As long as you’re not below the age requirement you should be fine. When you qualify just have ID ready if it’s an issue.

I believe the Birthdate info is taken from your PlayStation account. Maybe correcting it there should correct it in game.

Polyphony are a powerful games developer. I really don't think they are going to try and work around you and some others who go on holiday. They expect people to work around them if they are truly committed to making the Finals.

I’d say it’s a bit more than “some”. Most people take holidays at some point in July and/or August.

Sadly I suck too much for this to be an issue for me. Every cloud..

I’m so glad I have time to do at least the first two rounds! All the past “pre” seasons. I was only able to enter one race total and completely bombed it. 13/14

Ahh so this is finally happening. I'm sure I'm no where near the pace I used to have but kinda curious to mess around with this for fun.

Pretty much the only time I turn the game on now is when a car/track update hits and play the new stuff for 30 mins.

I doubt you lost your pace. Worst case, I’ll say what you once told me: “Why so slow?” Haha

Haven’t actually loaded up the game to make sure but the news you’re locked into your choice of manufacturer until the end of year is excellent. Will encourage people to choose the cars they’re the most comfortable with or the brand they have pride in rather than what’s hot or what everyone else is using, and it’ll be interesting racing against the same group of people in the same cars every series

I think it will certainly make people choose brands that have competitive cars in both classes. I fear we will see near single make races at worst.

Favourite cars/ brands play not much of a role here. Like Id love to keep driving Ford as im very used to gr3 mustang and it has its strong tracks, but i have never found gr4 Mustang even nearly competitive with other brands..

I do have two main concerns. One is whether there is a major change in the game that happens during the season (BOP adjustment, new tire model, etc.). The other was a sense during the preseason that the intensity and overall agression went up a notch. With real stakes on the line now, it's only going to go higher. Add to that a lot of names that are either new, haven't raced in quite a while or joined with teams. As a lone ranger, I have this feeling I'm going to get absolutely run over (possibly literally) if I'm not careful on the track.

Oh, well. I'll just have to do the best I can. Long odds but there is a chance.

It might, certainly if you get chosen for the live events and then they notice your details don't match up, likely you then won't be eligible and the place will go to someone else.

Using an account with 100% accurate details and information is what should be required.

As long as you’re not below the age requirement you should be fine. When you qualify just have ID ready if it’s an issue.

I believe the Birthdate info is taken from your PlayStation account. Maybe correcting it there should correct it in game.

Based on the search I made, I cannot change the birth date. I tried to look for contact email for polyphony digital to ask them to double check but I couldn't find any.

Based on the search I made, I cannot change the birth date. I tried to look for contact email for polyphony digital to ask them to double check but I couldn't find any.

Yes you can't, it's taken from the PSN account info which you can't change either. The only way to have correct details is to create a new PSN account which means starting over again in GT Sport too.

This may also be a good thing to go for for the countries not included for the regional world tour event

Yes however they may be ineligible for this too though if it's some legal issue/s that affects competitions, I noticed Italy was excluded from the Playstation days of play comp too for instance.

Edit:- Found the terms, they are not eligible here either, list looks the same as for Gt Sport star player system from a quick glance anyway.

Last edited:
Yes however they may be ineligible for this too though if it's some legal issue/s that affects competitions, I noticed Italy was excluded from the Playstation days of play comp too for instance.

Edit:- Found the terms, they are not eligible here either, list looks the same as for Gt Sport star player system from a quick glance anyway.
You're right

Do I have the schedule wrong? According to what I've read here and online, it's the day before the first official FIA GTSport season and nothing is up on the PS4 and in the game. Do you need to be pre-qualified to race in the championship? If so, then that explains why I have no in-game information about what is going on: the schedule, championship regulations, etc.

If this is how well this championship is organized, this is not good. I'd like to test the Group 1 cars at LeMans but I have no idea on BOP. Basically, the same situation with the Manufacturer's competition. Someone needs to take the decision to push the start back a week or two. I don't think the Official FIA GTSport Championship should just appear in the game on the day it starts. Its very possible fast gamers who aren't obsessively on this site or the GTSport website, might not even know the championship starts tomorrow.

Everyone's so happy but I'm here (definitely not alone) ready to cry because a lot of countries are out.
Great irony!
Imagine being in top 5 or even winning but being unable to get picked because your country is not there.
Where's Greece? Where's Italy?
Other European countries?

Hopefully now there's a chance with Nissan here.
They say Europe, and they mean EUROPE. They say Global, and they mean any other non-European country.
Well played Polyphony Digital Nissan!! Thank you for not making exceptions and giving everyone a chance.
As for PD, please rethink about adding more countries.

K32
Ooh, next batch of live events will be in October, just when Nik_Makozi should be turning 18. Yes, hope is restored!

The problem is Makozi's country is not even featured in game, so I can't see it appearing on the list of valid countries.

Everyone's so happy but I'm here (definitely not alone) ready to cry because a lot of countries are out.
Great irony!
Imagine being in top 5 or even winning but being unable to get picked because your country is not there.
Where's Greece? Where's Italy?
Other European countries?

Hopefully now there's a chance with Nissan here.
They say Europe, and they mean EUROPE. They say Global, and they mean any other non-European country.
Well played Polyphony Digital Nissan!! Thank you for not making exceptions and giving everyone a chance.
As for PD, please rethink about adding more countries.

1) The Nissan competition has the exact same limitations.
2) It is a Sony thing. Nothing to do with PD. And I bet you that Sony have tried everything they can, however they just aren't allowed to accept entries from some countries.

Back