The 2020 George Floyd/BLM/Police Brutality Protests Discussion Thread

It's really not, as I am.

None of which changes the need for due process or your own wish to free someone based on self acknowledged ignorance.
Do you mean my ignorance of the gun laws?

Kyle spent 3 months in jail before his $2 million dollar bail was raised. (My Pillow guy helped)

If he broke some kind of minor in possession law, I think he has served his time.

Do you mean my ignorance of the gun laws?

Kyle spent 3 months in jail before his $2 million dollar bail was raised. (My Pillow guy helped)

If he broke some kind of minor in possession law, I think he has served his time.
Doubling down doesn't change the irony of accusing someone of not following the case closely enough while admitting to being ignorant of the history and detail of two of the charges!

Doubling down doesn't change the irony of accusing someone of not following the case closely enough while admitting to being ignorant of the history and detail of two of the charges!
Sorry, I guess I just assumed you didn't get up at 3:00am to watch the trial.

I guess you missed the part where Rosenbaum, the first guy shot and killed. Threatened to kill him twice earlier in the night, then chased and cornered him before Rittenhouse fired a shot. Rosenbaum had powder burns from the muzzle/flash suppressor on his hand, because he was trying to grab the rifle.

I guess you missed the part where Anthony Huber hit him in the head with a skateboard. Twice. I guess Rittenhouse could have waited for a third hit, but I wouldn't have.

I guess you also missed the part where Gaige Grosskreutz, the guy that was shot in the arm, said he was shot only after he pointed his gun at Rittenhouse.

But keep watching, Monday should be good.

Sorry, I guess I just assumed you didn't get up at 3:00am to watch the trial.

I guess you missed the part where Rosenbaum, the first guy shot and killed. Threatened to kill him twice earlier in the night, then chased and cornered him before Rittenhouse fired a shot. Rosenbaum had powder burns from the muzzle/flash suppressor on his hand, because he was trying to grab the rifle.

I guess you missed the part where Anthony Huber hit him in the head with a skateboard. Twice. I guess Rittenhouse could have waited for a third hit, but I wouldn't have.

I guess you also missed the part where Gaige Grosskreutz, the guy that was shot in the arm, said he was shot only after he pointed his gun at Rittenhouse.

But keep watching, Monday should be good.
I guess you missed the part where Rittenhouse put himself in a situation he legally shouldn't have been in.

The ultimate self defence is avoiding the situation itself, and it's not as if he was caught up in it driving home from class is it.

So please keep guessing, as all your doing is being increasingly incorrect about me, but assuming will do that.

Let's also not forget that you have just undone your own argument that he should never have been charged, a trial was clearly needed for evidence to be shown.

Last edited:
I guess you missed the part where Rittenhouse put himself in a situation he legally shouldn't have been in.
That is totally irrelevant.
The ultimate self defence is avoiding the situation itself, and it's not as if he was caught up in it driving home from class is it.
Again, irrelevant, he was caught up in a life and death situation. He responded.
So please keep guessing, as all your doing is being increasingly incorrect about me, but assuming will do that.
You said you were watching the trial closely. I am not posting about you, just responding. I have been watching the trial closely. I don't have to get up at 3:00am to do so.
Let's also not forget that you have just undone your own argument that he should never have been charged, a trial was clearly needed for evidence to be shown.
The evidence that he was innocent was out there. Long before he was charged.

I created, and posted a video about his innocence back when it happened.

Maybe @TexRex can find it. He seems to know everything I say.

That is totally irrelevant.

Again, irrelevant, he was caught up in a life and death situation. He responded.

You said you were watching the trial closely. I am not posting about you, just responding. I have been watching the trial closely. I don't have to get up at 3:00am to do so.

The evidence that he was innocent was out there. Long before he was charged.

I created, and posted a video about his innocence back when it happened.

It's not irrelevant, because he didn't get 'caught up' in a situation, he travelled distance to deliberately involve himself in one and illegally armed himself to do so.

A situation that was during a legal cerfew, that he wasn't qualified to insert himself in and one he wasn't needed in.

Don't act as if he just happened onto the situation, as its quite, quite the opposite.

You also now seem to be advocating for replacing due process with YouTube, which is unfortunately not surprising.

Add in the bizzare notion that to watch something closely requires doing so in real time, it really doesn't. So please drop the strawman.

Last edited:
6TzJigjEJvQ.jpg

1636803175156.png

That facepalm at 0:42 xD

@Chrunch Houston, either you’re not getting what @Scaff is saying or you’re purposefully and wilfully ignoring his point.

Rittenhouse specifically crossed state lines looking for trouble. He did so with this intent to harm others (why else would you need to take a gun with you?, it not like guns provide hugs and candy when the trigger is pulled). I get what your saying in that he shot those people because he found himself in a situation which he could have feared for his own safety, however if he’d stayed at home and watched it all unfold on TV rather than want a peice of the action, he wouldn’t find himself on trial.

Flip this the other way. You’re in your home town. Riots are happening and you’re on the street, either minding your own business, guarding your home, looting or any number of things you may do at the time. Then a chap comes at you, towards you with a firearm. Do you just sit idely by and allow them to risk your life and other around you or do you do everything you can to defend yourself and others?

Said guy shoots you as you defend yourself or are just doing what you were doing. At this point do you continue with a defence of the shooter and say well, yeh he crossed state lines and had no business being in my home town with a deadly weapon, but heck he must have been scared and had every right to shoot me?

Nah, even you can’t justify that? So I can only assume you’re trolling Scaff?

9GO4.gif

Aww, shucks...you're thinking of me. That's nice.
@Chrunch Houston, either you’re not getting what @Scaff is saying or you’re purposefully and wilfully ignoring his point.
It's the second one. I know this even without having observed the discussion.

6TzJigjEJvQ.jpg

View attachment 1093482

That facepalm at 0:42 xD

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how the victim's backgrounds in any way validate what he did considering he had absolutely no way of knowing who any of them were let alone what they may have done in the past.

I also find it funny that it's mostly the "law & order" crowd supporting him considering he very much sidestepped that whole legal process...

Rittenhouse specifically crossed state lines looking for trouble. He did so with this intent to harm others (why else would you need to take a gun with you?, it not like guns provide hugs and candy when the trigger is pulled). I get what your saying in that he shot those people because he found himself in a situation which he could have feared for his own safety, however if he’d stayed at home and watched it all unfold on TV rather than want a peice of the action, he wouldn’t find himself on trial.

Flip this the other way. You’re in your home town. Riots are happening and you’re on the street, either minding your own business, guarding your home, looting or any number of things you may do at the time. Then a chap comes at you, towards you with a firearm. Do you just sit idely by and allow them to risk your life and other around you or do you do everything you can to defend yourself and others?

Said guy shoots you as you defend yourself or are just doing what you were doing. At this point do you continue with a defence of the shooter and say well, yeh he crossed state lines and had no business being in my home town with a deadly weapon, but heck he must have been scared and had every right to shoot me?

Nah, even you can’t justify that? So I can only assume you’re trolling Scaff?
Rittenhouse worked there. His father,grandmother,aunts and cousins lived there. So he had every right to be there. You know that family thing. Perhaps reading the transcript part 1 will give some insite as to what actually happened. Not CNN's version,not Foxes version.You and others seem to think he was crossing state lines like it's a border or something out to shoot people. I guess him providing first aid, putting out fires and cleaning graffiti up after a bunch of rioters,looters and thugs burned the city is ok.Oh another point,if he was looking for trouble,why would he give his bullet proof vest away ?Read up.

Last edited:
I hope Kyle gets another trial, I think this judge is an incompetent clown. Not that I'm saying Kyle should go to prison, I just think the judge is biased and has a poor understanding of common contemporary technology. If another trial with a different judge still results in Kyle walking, I honestly don't care. I just want to make sure everything was done right in the process.

Last edited:
Rittenhouse worked there. His father,grandmother,aunts and cousins lived there. So he had every right to be there. You know that family thing. Perhaps reading the transcript part 1 will give some insite as to what actually happened. Not CNN's version,not Foxes version.You and others seem to think he was crossing state lines like it's a border or something out to shoot people. I guess him providing first aid, putting out fires and cleaning graffiti up after a bunch of rioters,looters and thugs burned the city is ok.Oh another point,if he was looking for trouble,why would he give his bullet proof vest away ?Read up.
He doesn't live there, he wasn't travelling to see a family member, he wasn't going to work.

He also wasn't needed to provide first aid, or out fires (and not qualified for either), and you clean up after a riot not during it, and not during cerfew.

Last edited:
He doesn't live there, he wasn't travelling to see a family member, he wasn't going to work.

He also wasn't needed to provide first aid, or out fires (and not qualified for either), and you clean up after a riot not during it, and not during cerfew.
Did you read the transcript ? He just finished his shift of work at the Community Center in Kenosha.He and his sister ( a family member) went to clean up graffiti at the school You clearly didn't read the transcript. Here I'll save you the effort. Read.
Attorney 1: (03:15)
Okay. On August 25th of 2020, where were you employed?

Kyle Rittenhouse: (03:24)
I was furloughed at the YMCA in Lindenhurst, Illinois because of the COVID-19 pandemic, and I was working at the RecPlex in Pleasant Prairie.

Attorney 1: (03:34)
Okay. RecPlex here in Kenosha County?

Kyle Rittenhouse: (03:36)
Yes.

Attorney 1: (03:37)
Now, on the night of the 24th, did you come to downtown Kenosha?

Kyle Rittenhouse: (03:43)
Not downtown, but I came to Kenosha for work.

The kid was in University for nursing and you say he's not qualified. Scaff your better than that. Come on man.
Kyle Rittenhouse: (02:59)
I was a certified lifeguard. I am a certified lifeguard and swim instructor. I am certified in stop the bleed, CPR, AED Automatic External Defibrillator, and basic life support.
Pretty good for a 17 year old kid,don't you think.
Operating a fire extinguisher is pretty self explanatory. I mean I have them in my house and muscle cars,but I'm no certified fire fighter. But I'm pretty sure I could put out a fire.

Last edited:
Did you read the transcript ? He just finished his shift of work at the Community Center in Kenosha.He and his sister ( a family member) went to clean up graffiti at the school You clearly didn't read the transcript. Here I'll save you the effort. Read.
Attorney 1: (03:15)
Okay. On August 25th of 2020, where were you employed?

Kyle Rittenhouse: (03:24)
I was furloughed at the YMCA in Lindenhurst, Illinois because of the COVID-19 pandemic, and I was working at the RecPlex in Pleasant Prairie.

Attorney 1: (03:34)
Okay. RecPlex here in Kenosha County?

Kyle Rittenhouse: (03:36)
Yes.

Attorney 1: (03:37)
Now, on the night of the 24th, did you come to downtown Kenosha?

Kyle Rittenhouse: (03:43)
Not downtown, but I came to Kenosha for work.
The kid was in University for nursing and you say he's not qualified. Scaff your better than that. Common man.
Kyle Rittenhouse: (02:59)
I was a certified lifeguard. I am a certified lifeguard and swim instructor. I am certified in stop the bleed, CPR, AED Automatic External Defibrillator, and basic life support.
So he didn't also stop at a friends house to collect a weapon he was not able to legally carry? Join a militia group to protect businesses with an illegally carried weapon? Did he respect the cerfew that was in effect? Was he 18, which would be required for him to certify as an EMT ( I'm pretty much as first aid qualified as he is, doesn't mean I'm able to act as a paramedic).

He simply should not have been where he was, he shouldn't have been armed, and both of those are enough to raise serious questions around intent and a claim of self defence.

So he didn't also stop at a friends house to collect a weapon he was not able to legally carry? Join a militia group to protect businesses with an illegally carried weapon? Did he respect the cerfew that was in effect? Was he 18, which would be required for him to certify as an EMT ( I'm pretty much as first aid qualified as he is, doesn't mean I'm able to act as a paramedic).

He simply should not have been where he was, he shouldn't have been armed, and both of those are enough to raise serious questions around intent and a claim of self defence.
Clearly you don't understand the American legal system. Numerous people testified under oath about what happened that night. Including the Prosecution witnesses that basically lost the case. He was not charged with rioting,being out during curfew. He was there to help people Scaff, you know not riot loot and burn. Am I missing something here ?So your point about that means squat. One of the victim's he shot in the arm had an illegal hand gun that was not registered. Was he charged? Nope,but he believes in the second ammendment and said it on the witness stand. He also lied under oath and is suing Kenosha for $10 million. I don't know what your watching or not watching. But your points are about as good as the Prosecution made.

Last edited:
Tsk tsk tsk, so much for closely following the trial, huh @Scaff?
And you said that I was dishonest when I was wrong, you accused me of supporting police brutality when I'm not, and you still haven't apologised for that. Well I see that you are clearly providing false information here. I wonder how much misleeding stuff you gave me, you liar.

Clearly you don't understand the American legal system. Numerous people testified under oath about what happened that night. Including the Prosecution witnesses that basically lost the case. He was not charged with rioting,being out during curfew. He was there to help people Scaff, you know not riot loot and burn. Am I missing something here ?So your point about that means squat. One of the victim's he shot in the arm had an illegal hand gun that was not registered. Was he charged? Nope,but he believes in the second ammendment and said it on the witness stand. He also lied under oath and is suing Kenosha for $10 million. I don't know what your watching or not watching. But your points are about as good as the Prosecution made.
I notice you've failed to actually address any of the actual points I raised. You also seem to have utterly missed the actual point I was discussing, which was that this was never a clear cut self defence case, and that a trial has been needed to establish much of what happened supports that point.

I've not actually put forward a view on guilt or innocence, rather I put forward the opinion that this wasn't a clear cut case of self defence.
Tsk tsk tsk, so much for closely following the trial, huh @Scaff?
And you said that I was dishonest when I was wrong, you accused me of supporting police brutality when I'm not, and you still haven't apologised for that. Well I see that you are clearly providing false information here. I wonder how much misleeding stuff you gave me, you liar.
You did, and as such I've neither lied nor do I owe you an apology.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for someone to explain how the victim's backgrounds in any way validate what he did considering he had absolutely no way of knowing who any of them were let alone what they may have done in the past.

I also find it funny that it's mostly the "law & order" crowd supporting him considering he very much sidestepped that whole legal process...
Read back pages 56-58 from March. You're not gonna get that kind of answer from the user who posted a picture he got off some right-wing subreddit.

I hope Kyle gets another trial, I think this judge is an incompetent clown. Not that I'm saying Kyle should go to prison, I just think the judge is biased and has a poor understanding of common contemporary technology. If another trial with a different judge still results in Kyle walking, I honestly don't care. I just want to make sure everything was done right in the process.
The law is frequently not what we want it to be and the double jeopardy rule holds that a defendant not only may not be convicted more than once for the same crime, but also largely may not be tried more than once for the same crime. There are exceptions, but those exceptions are very much not the rule.

I think the judge here is enjoying the spotlight. I think a lot of what he's doing is cringeworthy, but a big chunk of a judge's duty when presiding over a case is to ensure that a defendant receives a fair trial. So long as Rittenhouse gets that, I kind of don't give a flying **** how the judge runs his courtroom.

This post doesn't itself demonstrate an understanding of the American legal system, which belies the opening salvo.

Last edited:
You did, and as such I've neither lied nor do I owe you an apology.
Oh really? Even after you soiled your pants you act confident that you are right. It's hilarious that you hate corrupt law enforcement and here you are falsely accusing people and lying. xD
(Link that you attached doesn't work)
SmartSelect_20211113-234916_Chrome.jpg
SmartSelect_20211113-235040_Chrome.jpg

It doesn't validate anything. It's just a bonus and shows that there were felons on the streets and he was attacked by felons.

This is what it looks like when protesters/activists are actually trying to help.

It doesn't validate anything. It's just a bonus and shows that there were felons on the streets and he was attacked by felons.
Bringing it up is very much an attempt to validate his actions, there is no such thing as "just a bonus" in this situation.

And the only reason anyone even approached him was because he was walking around with a semi-auto rifle, which is not a very good idea considering how common mass shootings are in the country and the social climate at the time.

This is what it looks like when protesters/activists are actually trying to help.

Bringing it up is very much an attempt to validate his actions, there is no such thing as "just a bonus" in this situation.

And the only reason anyone even approached him was because he was walking around with a semi-auto rifle, which is not a very good idea considering how common mass shootings are in the country and the social climate at the time.
Nah, I don't validate. And that news post is awesome.
I strongly suggest you read the AUP before continuing your nonsense and bury yourself deeper.
So it's okay for you to offend me and post misinformation? Because I'm offended by what you said and did.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know your response wasn't directed at me, but by-the-by, your link doesn't work.
Here you go, the link wrote tool is playing up. Post 1664.

Nah, I don't validate. And that news post is awesome.

So it's okay for you to offend me and post misinformation? Because I'm offended by what you said.
You seem very triggered, and I've not posted misinformation at all.

Last edited:
Here you go, the link wrote tool is playing up. Post 1664.

You seem very triggered, and I've not posted misinformation at all.
Ah, same old song xD
Yeah, I'm triggered because you keep saying that I'm supporting police brutality. How do you want to catch dangerous criminals? Hugs and kisses? And I'm triggered because instead of deescalating the argument you just added fuel and supported people against me, one of them even called me a pro-fascist and you liked that.
And I'm triggered that today you don't admit that you posted misinformation about Kyle's trial.
Yeah, I'm triggered :)

Last edited:
Ah, same old song xD
Yeah, I'm triggered because you keep saying that I'm supporting police brutality. How do you want to catch dangerous criminals? Hugs and kisses? And I'm triggered because instead of deescalating the argument you just added fuel and supported people against me, one of them even called me a pro-fascist and you liked that.
And I'm triggered that today you don't admit that you posted misinformation about Kyle's trial.
Yeah, I'm triggered :)
The link shows the thread for anyone to read, and not a single claim your have made was true then or now.

Back