The Acura Integra is coming back in 2022!

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 259 comments
To be fair, an Integra Type R in 1997 started at $25,000, which is almost $50k in 2023 dollars.
I think you are kind of rounding up or down at each step to make it seem a little closer. Based on some window sticker searches, the ITR was selling for about 24.3k in 2000 which is more like $43k in 2023 dollars. The 1997 model was a little cheaper. $43k actually sounds somewhat reasonable for the ITR, but the CTR is already that much. IMO the CTR should be like $35k and the ITR should be about $40k. $52k for a FWD hatchback is ludicrous.

Last edited:
IMO the CTR should be like $35k
Not sure if you've checked the economy but money isn't worth anything anymore. Friends and I were talking recently about how a six-figure salary is basically required to own a house and raise kids as our blue-collar parents did, even in Ohio.

I'd rather have a relatively rare and special car for $52k than a bare-bones BMW 3-series that gets lost in a Target parking lot for $52k. I don't care if the hatch isn't as nice, it's an experience, and we millennials love experiences.

This might not be a popular opinion but for the price Acura is asking for that car, I think they should have offered optional AWD with Automatic Transmission to attract more buyers. I hope I'm wrong but I can't see them selling a whole lot of them at that price. Other than that, I think it's quite a stunner with the wide body design and I quite like the looks.

This might not be a popular opinion but for the price Acura is asking for that car, I think they should have offered optional AWD with Automatic Transmission to attract more buyers. I hope I'm wrong but I can't see them selling a whole lot of them at that price. Other than that, I think it's quite a stunner with the wide body design and I quite like the looks.
It's marked up to 70k in the US.

Yeah they don't seem to be marked up around me either. All I can find is MSRP.
I'm curious to see how they sell. I still think they are holding the car back a bit from a marketing perspective by not calling it a Type R and not doing simple things like the red badge on the steering wheel, not doing something more special with the digital cluster, not giving it the ridiculously sexy seats, etc. It seems like an amazing car, but it also doesn't seem quite as special nor as much of an event as the Civic Type R. At the same time, the Type S badge is probably more appropriate for this car based on its more street focused nature. So maybe all is right in the world. It's still too expensive though.

Triple on no-mark ups here. Dealer near me has its first one in, $52,595 out the door with only a $1,000 worth of add-ons included in that price.

Pricing around me seems to be… all over the place. One dealer a few suburbs away from me has two Type S’s, one at a mere $51,495 and the other at $52,595 while another dealership in Queens is charging almost $73,000 for one.

Last edited:
Back