The Adventures of Motorcycling

• Thread starter Bopop4
  • 8 comments
Canada
Guelph, Ontario
This thread is a place for you to put your bike stories in.

A trip to the Nurburgring? Worst crash? Riding to the top of a mountain and witnessing its majestic beauty? Post it up!

I had one accident on my bike, whilst riding a CBR600FM.I went through a dry stone wall at 70 mph.I high sided myself over the wall so i'd miss it and landed 60ft in one of the fields.I got a bit of scarring on my leg, but got neumonia so had to have a mask over my face, to clear my lungs.Still i have a motorbike at the moment and as you know it's a 95 Cagiva Elefant 750 Lucky Explorer.

:scared: Did you actually send it into a highside or did it do it by itself?

I was racing at Mosport with an RZ350 a few months ago, and we needed more top end speed, so we talked to a guy who had built a 150mph 350, and he said to take out the intake baffle. We were already running a bit rich, so taking out the baffle and leaning it out should've been perfect.

Flatout down the backstraight at 120mph, pop out of the bubble for the right hander at the end of the straight and the motor seizes...

Managed to keep it from sliding to far out, (dirtbiking xp lol) and pulled in the clutch, but I didn't know what had happened so I let the clutch back out and started sliding again. :lol: Finally got'er stopped in one piece though.

Turns out that leaning it out was actually fine, the right plug was the perfect colour, but the rings on the left were worn so much that the pulse from the 2-stroke exhaust was getting back up through the rings, heating up the front of the piston.
When the piston was removed, to top part of the dome was gone, and the rings were melted into the piston.

The offending piston and cylinder.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(Thing is, the bike had picked up a few hundred rpm after we did the change, I guess it's true that they're always fastest right before they blow. :lol:)

I once pulled a wheelie on my three wheeler, jumped off, and as it rolled away I sprinted up behind it, jumped on it and drove off :lol:

It's so easy to unload from the truck to. Untie it and push it off, it just bounces haha. I did that once and it was on an incline and it rolled down into the creek at the bottom of the hill haha. Later that day I attempted hydro-planing it....yeah didn't go so well. Got about 30 feet and the front starting sinking and then I instantly went head over heels and it cart wheeled over top of me. That 🤬 hurt.

The funniest thing I've ever done tho was a few years ago, I was at the sand pits not to far from me riding with my buddies Raptor's, KX-125's, Sportsman 500 H.O.'s etc and we did like a 3 way jump over the top of each other, from different angles. It was a bit sketchy, but it was cool as hell to see. Got it on video too, those IDK where it wnet.

Anyways, we lined up about 40 yards back all 3 ways, and then hit this dune that has like 4 inclines on it and jumped over each other at the same time, each hill having slightly more lift that the other. It was sweet haha

Damn, should've gotten a video of that. 👍

I was riding with a friend, and he had a GoPro on his helmet.
I brought the front end up beside him, and started to do a wheelie while shifting through the gears. You should have heard him, he thought it was the greatest thing ever. :lol:

We did get a video of it but unfortunately the phone it was recorded on ended up breaking. :/

That's always fun, I love taking my 200X through all 5 gears with the front end in the air XD

Back