The Alien Movies

  • Thread starter Thread starter TVRKing
  • 17 comments
  • 1,165 views

Which One?

  • Alien

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Aliens

    Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Alien 3

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Alien Ressurection

    Votes: 1 3.8%

  • Total voters
    26
Messages
6,847
Messages
SeismicGravy
What in your opinion was the best one?

My favorite was Aliens
 
Same here bro.!

The third one wasn't that bad either!
 
I liked both the first and the second one. But if I had to choose one, it'd be the second one. The fourth one was just an attempt to cash in on the Alien Trilogy and it failed(In my opinion; it wasn't that great of a movie.)
 
I see alot of people voted for Aliens. :)
 
I voted for Aliens but I really can't remember. The aesthetics of the Alien series is groundbreaking and that's what I think is important about them.

Gieger is awesome

Born on February 5, 1940, in Chur.
Swiss surrealist artist, H.R. Giger. A painter, sculptor, architect and designer, Giger is the originator of the unique Biomechanical style.
In 1976 H.R.G. was commissioned to collaborate on the film "Dune" From a script by Moebius, H.R.G. designs the world of The "Harkonnen".
In 1978 he published "Necronomicon" this leads Ridley Scott and 20th Century Fox to finance an Alien portfolio of six silk-screen prints. In 1980 he was awarded an Academy Award for Best Achievement in Visual Effects for his contribution to the film "Alien"

3D530x353.jpg


DAEMON500x415.jpg


Spell1_720x612.jpg
 
I have all 4 of thm in a DVD box set (only cost me $88AUS) voted for Aliens BTW, anybody here ever played Laserforce? most of the sounds are from this movie
 
i like them all. aliens is great, but i voted for alien 3. i saw alien 4 recently and i really liked it. it wasn't as good as 2 or 3, but better than one. anything with aliens and guns is great :D
 
I voted for Alien 3... 1 and 3 are my favourites as I like the off border nowhere to run kinda theme (like Das Boot). IMHO Aliens is more of an all out action flick (which I also enjoy immensly. Nothing like watching the Sentry Guns take out a puppet or two :D )

And I don't think number 4 is a bad as people think. It's very true to the Giger spirit. Except for piece of 🤬 ending with the baby. That ruined EVERYTHING. But apart from that its a great movie..... (One scene I especially enjoy, is where we're watching the lock'd up aliens from the control room, and you suddenly realise the two aliens flanking the one in the middle has a plan. Wicked )
 
Alien for me. I liked the original best, part two had to much explaining. The whole suspence thing comes from the unknown factor in the original, that was lost in part 2, same for 3 where it was more about special effects then anything else.
$ was good storywise, quite intruging.. So for me in order of wich i liked best first; 1, 4, 2, 3.
 
Aliens. I love the batlle scene at the end with that classic line,

"Get away from her you B*TCH!"
 
Aliens,I loved the ending,and when the robot guy gets ripped in half
 
Actually, throughout all the ones I've seen, I just can't help thinking how much easier it would be to kill the aliens if the characters would just turn the lights on.

And who - I mean who - puts the "self destruct" switch in the middle of a freaking ocean liner of a ship, instead of just putting it right near the door? Please.
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
Actually, throughout all the ones I've seen, I just can't help thinking how much easier it would be to kill the aliens if the characters would just turn the lights on.

And who - I mean who - puts the "self destruct" switch in the middle of a freaking ocean liner of a ship, instead of just putting it right near the door? Please.
Ever heard of "Suspension of disbelief":D
 
I'm more than willing to suspend disbelief. But I won't do it just so screenwriters can be lazy.
 
Although I prefer Aliens, had to vote for the first one. If you really think about it, few movies have been able to give you a good scare without showing much of the alien itself. You never really got a good look until the 2nd movie.
 
You know, Sigourney Weaver got paid $33,000 for Alien? For Resurrection, she got $11,000,000, percentage of gross, and she got to approve the choice of director as well.
 
Back