The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,598 comments
On that note, I submit this in the hypothetical 'most Japanese photo ever' competition.

800px-Mountfujijapan.jpg

Shinkansen, Cherry Blossoms, and Mt Fuji.

japan2-s750x600-29114-580.jpg

I win.

(I have no idea what's going on in this photo, so if it somehow violates the AUP I pre-emptively apologize... seriously... no idea)

This is from Funky Forest, probably the most WTF movie ever made.
Seriously.

High tension power line workers. Look at the shadow below left of photo, you can see the shape of the tower. You'd never get me up there. Nope. No way. I get dizzy just looking at photos of that kind of work.

Not sure in which thread I should post this. As it shows very little of my person I decided against "Pics of me".
Considering that picture was taken on a (not so busy) working day I found it quite cool. :lol:

And yes, I can do what I want at my office...

MICROSCOPE_INSECTS_2859251k.jpg

Is it just me, or does this image look a bit suspicious? I don't have Photoshop at home any more so I can't check it in much detail, but bits of this image look like they've been duplicated - it looks like the image has been mirrored, and small details have either been added or altered to make it look like the two halfs of the image are different...

... it was published in today's Telegraph here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...os-of-insects-by-Yudy-Sauw.html?frame=2859251

I do believe you are correct, sir. Look at the hairs on the bottom of the antennae, the lower section. No way they would be perfectly symmetrical on a real animal. I'm sure it's quite symmetrical overall, insects tend to be, but not quite to that extent.

I do believe you are correct, sir. Look at the hairs...

I do not believe he is correct. Look at the hairs period. There are far too many differences side to side for this to be two mirrored images pasted together. And what's the point of doing that in the first place? The photo is not intended to be a showcase for someones photoshop prowess, but rather an up close personal look-see into the microscopic world that we rarely get to view. Kind of pointless to go through all the trouble of the steps required to do what you're suggesting rather than just post the original image(which is quite awesome I must say).

Here's a similar pic of a wasp up close, which is also very symmetrical in it's features, but not identical:

I do not believe he is correct. Look at the hairs period. There are far too many differences side to side for this to be two mirrored images pasted together. And what's the point of doing that in the first place? The photo is not intended to be a showcase for someones photoshop prowess, but rather an up close personal look-see into the microscopic world that we rarely get to view. Kind of pointless to go through all the trouble of the steps required to do what you're suggesting rather than just post the original image(which is quite awesome I must say).
Hehe, I just checked using Photoshop in my office and it is definitely shopped... despite one or two noticable differences (suspiciously in the very centre of the image), the two halfs of the image are identical. You can check this by using the layer overlay option 💡

Latest Posts

Back