The amazing and cool photo thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,669 comments
  • 1,215,068 views
Miss Ghana is totally dominating the photo.
 
12 June 2006, most of the South Island of New Zealand receive the biggest snow dump in 40 years... a satellite manages to snap a picture

Snow12Jun06.jpg
 
What year is that picture from, Fred?
 
Absolutely no idea.
 
No, the launch was delayed due to weather...obviously. If you look at the big version the shuttle is in the center of the spotlights.

Side note: It was delayed again last night due to a fuel valve issue.

It went off last night at 11:59PM. I live about 15-18 miles directly from the pad(not directly from Kennedy Space Center), and it's really a beautiful thing to watch. It's just a normal night, but when you watch that thing go up, the whole sky goes up in an orange color. It looks like the sun is rising, but 2x faster, brighter(if theres some clouds). 👍

Here's a video(not the one that launched last night). I live about 2 miles from where this was shot. The weather was perfect on this video.


This one looked a lot more like the one last night.. But, IMO, last night's launch is probably the best I've seen. I've seen only about 10, though.
 
Last edited:
Woah...Miss Venezuela (second from the top right) is a dude for sure
 
Yes, she did. And she certainly doesn't look like a man. The most butch looking one is the shorty (well, relatively speaking) on the top row. Can't make out what her sash says.

Anyway, I'd be straight with Paraguay.

edit: Is that pic from this year? The current paraguay looks a lot uglier than the pictured one. Also, the winner of this current one is only 18. WTF is that. Trump is a sicko.
 
Last edited:
I've seen that picture months ago, at least, so it's not from this year.
 
pic looks taken from one of the lower levels of the WTC... where's it from?

Taken from some type of flying machine actually. WTC Jobsite is to the left in the picture with the white cranes.
 
Taken from some type of flying machine actually. WTC Jobsite is to the left in the picture with the white cranes.

Ahh, gotcha. I have a similar picture shot by me, though it's a bit more in the afternoon and taken from the actual WTC. I think I scanned it recently, so I'll see if I can put it up soon.
 
Yeah, whatever took that photo was hovering over the water at the time.
 
Wow, Those factories are amazing, How do they even move on that thing?!
 
teleporters too... hey, it is Japan!
 
Borrowed from another forum I visit. Going vertical can be very interesting.

thegray_aug08_01.jpg
2127891537_b13bf6436b.jpg


1419176976_c30a020b8b.jpg
mdredv-stair-2.jpg


hampi5.gif
507227628_1625bd721f.jpg


2752266836_b86f1c6551.jpg


229576697_bb57151a44_o.jpg


1117657966_2718c7b65c_b.jpg






1461312487triptyqueloduyz7.jpg


2804388168_305575a399_o.jpg


10739563.jpg


stairs2.jpg


Lloyds_Building_stair_case.jpg


P1400568.JPG
 
I'm fairly certain a few of those don't meet code.
 
Some cool Stairways there 👍

Here's another one:

jimmy002_silverdome-april19771.jpg
 
And to historical architecturally significant staircases:

The Old Kentucky State Capitol Building's staircase has no supports.


Click for a big image.

ImageDisplay.aspx


ImageDisplay.aspx


Here's a quote from an article about the building.

The same marble is used on the curving staircase, which is an architectural marvel in that it is self-supporting, with the weight dependent on a 1,000-pound keystone at the top of the staircase.
 
The Miss World pic is missing Miss Afghanistan:

BurkhaBurqa.jpg

:lol:👍

But seriously, this pic could go in here too!
The Miss Iran

miss-iran-01.jpg
 
That's lame, not cool or amazing.
 
yeah... being the one who's always reprimanding anyone for posting a pic 'not up to standards', it's pretty lame that you'd decide to post that.

I've already reported your post.
 
Back