The amazing and cool photo thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,669 comments
  • 1,214,864 views
it would take so much time and resources because of all that large font I am seeing on those pics.
 
i got page 53 of the funny pic thread!
 
An unaltered image from Cassini of Saturn, its rings, and the moon Rhea.

cassini-rhea.jpg
 
I can't even compose a decent shot of my kids and they can get a picture of Saturn like that from 746 million miles away. Seriously impressive. 👍
 
I want the wikipedia book :D
 
Who needs the search function.
Looking something up in the thousands of pages is waaay easier.
 
I'm sure it would be fun trying to view a page in the middle.
 

Click for larger

airports-3-quebec1.jpg

Makes Funchal Airport look pretty tame. :scared:
 
:scared:

Atleast they'll have a guaranteed 100% success rate on take-offs...
 
Was going to say, if a pilot got it wrong there all he has to do is floor it again
 
How does that work? It's really cool!
 
4004908219_7e79c01821_b.jpg


That'll be all.
 
27554001.jpg


Reed Flute Cave - Guilin, China

----------

Got 956,000 matchsticks just sitting around? Need a weekend project?

F1-Car-From-Matchsticks-7.jpg
 
Holy what the.........
That spider pic is amazing.
 
freaky stuff huh
i mean, even if that bird (chestnut mannikin) is tiny, spidey (golden orb weaver) is still huge!
article107989502371f6c0.jpg


article107989502371fdb0.jpg


article107989502371fd70.jpg
 
article107989502371fdb0.jpg

political-pictures-do-not-want-surprised-guy.jpg
:scared:
 
The Ryugyong Hotel has sat unfinished for near 20 years as just a skeleton of a building. They now have resumed finishing at least the exterior of the building. Pretty interesting story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryugyong_Hotel

21874673709d54391acb.jpg


49217457653f8f979b6b.jpg


3118037458d49cbeb0bdb.jpg


4009082301136bc30383b.jpg
 
Definitely just finishing the outside. Nobody would put glass curtains over a structure with only 25% of the facade as window space.
 
I thought the building was structurally deficient?

What a perfect metaphor for Juche.


M
 
I thought the building was structurally deficient?

Well....by the rest of the worlds standards, probably. By North Korean standards, it looks perfectly acceptable! :scared:

ryugyong_pinkiegirl_20060807_detail.jpg
 
You know, since Communists build everything out of concrete, why are they always so freaking bad at it?
 
When they finish it, it will probably be so full of mold that they'll have to knock it down again.
 
When they finish it, it will probably be so full of mold that they'll have to knock it down again.

I think that when they're done finishing the outside they'll leave it uninhabited. They just want something that looks complete so pictures of their capital don't look so ridiculous.
 
The sunset and afterimage pics above were fantastic, thanks for posting those 👍

You know, since Communists build everything out of concrete, why are they always so freaking bad at it?

Oh, I dunno, some of the old Communist monuments are pretty impressive, if monumentally (no pun intended) ugly:

communist%20monument%20-%20yugoslavia.jpg

3390278701_a6f6f59cc6_b.jpg

pyongyang-party-monument.jpg


(Fair enough, concrete blocks in a few of those... still concrete though!)
 
Back