The Arcade Mode

JoseBaiona
I just tried it for the first time in GT6 and i'm slightly disappointed. Is there any way to have 16 cars on the track in Arcade Mode? I remember back in GT5, we had 16 cars and not 10 as in GT6.

Never seen 16 cars on track in Arcade.

My perception of Arcade mode is that it's built in more as a 'demo' - a sort of 'plug and play' sector of the game that can be used by potential buyers to test out the bare bones of the game, and for other demonstrative uses such as that.
The fields are random so far as I have tested out, and even the performances of the AI are unfathomable - sometimes easy-going (even in Prof mode) and sometimes hard (even in Easy mode.)
A bit of a black hole at the moment.
As you burrow deeper into the game you will find more stable events in Career Mode, much better AI, and dozens of 'filters' that will help you tailor a race to suit your car/skills combo.

Arcade Mode is an important part of the game (IMO) as it satisfies a need that a vast amount of Players, both new to the game and old hatters, have - but then again - there is an 'important' part of the game for everyone that isn't important to others; it's up to PD, Sony marketing gurus - and maybe a helluva lot of screaming from fans worldwide to get this sector looked at.

Someone might say Course Creator is more important - because they want to design a world-famous track and show it off. Others want B-Spec because of the love of race-directing or bot-training. Some want small details (which are big to them) in handling fixed, or a bunch of new cars, or more attractive and consistent Seasonals. Seems like that is what PD is looking at, too.

I can't see them tweaking Arcade. Unfortunately. We have to live with what we have. For the moment anyway.

Cheers. :)

I miss the arcade mode from GT4. It had some really tough AI if you turned their difficulty up high enough. It is also more customizable than GT6's Arcade mode. You could even add/drop weight from a car at very specific amounts, even a race car! This proved very helpful for heavy race cars like the Lister.

Latest Posts

Back