Lisboa
The Artistic Competition – Trial

Theme
Open

Explanation
The theme of art is entirely up to you

Rules​
  • You can only use elements (background and cars) from GT4;
  • Photoshop Rules are free, meaning that you can use every tool available in Photoshop or in any other image editing program;
  • You can only submit one entry. It must be your own work and it can’t be one entry already submitted in another competition;
  • You must mark your entry with a “Final Entry”;
  • You can only change your entry once. When changing it, indicate clearly;
  • You can submit your entry either on thumbnail or as a preview linked to the full size image. The preview must not be larger than 400 pixels. [Instructions to Linked Previews];
  • You may not ask others members to choose your entry. Have confidence in your own skills.

Deadline​

Monday, the 21st Friday, the 25th January 2008 (Extended)​

Ok, I was not planning of releasing this competition, since there are lack of interest in Galleries forum. But, thinking better, this may attract photoshop people, to start to drop by an entry and to get involved in the GT4 photography again. Also the lack of competitions running (it is almost only the PMC and the CCCL), making it kind of boring. This is only a trial, let’s see how it goes along.

om1bdrqt3.jpg

Cool but that leaves a lot for you/us to choose from. Why not narrow it down?
Say, European cars ... something like that. How about FF/FR/4WD?

nah this is good. a true art Comp allows contestants to really go out of the box.

This as an amazing idea LdS. Can't wait to get started on this one. Maybe in the future it can be narrowed down like redhawk said, i.e. make the comp fully open one time, then restrict it some the next one and so on......who knows, theres lots of possibilities with this one

I thought of a few also, don't know if i'm skilled enough in photoshop to do it...says the guy who hasnt won a comp yet.

with my idea, the picture taking will be the hard part ... chopping comes easy enough with some practice/experimenting.

yeah, photo chopping is getting easier, thanks to hours of tinkering. i'm looking forward to seeing your idea

Well its about time for the Artistic Comp to be up and running. :)
I do have a few ideas on doing this, since this is an open theme, I can come up with more ideas and still have my entries valid. But I'm not into GT4 anymore, so like, if its possible, can we have both photos from GT4 and TT? I'm more interested on how that combination would come out.... 👍

Yeah...I will enter with something. Now...lets see what exactly...👍

Wow, thanks for all the positive feedback.
This is only a Trial, to see if the interest is good enough, if there is more things to add or to take it off from the rules.

Don’t worry, there is going to be a poll and a winner (of the poll, of course) and every image is going to be added to the poll. The winner of this trial however, will not choose one of this competition week themes.

Cool but that leaves a lot for you/us to choose from. Why not narrow it down?
Say, European cars ... something like that. How about FF/FR/4WD?

This as an amazing idea LdS. Can't wait to get started on this one. Maybe in the future it can be narrowed down like redhawk said, i.e. make the comp fully open one time, then restrict it some the next one and so on......who knows, theres lots of possibilities with this one
From the experience I have in running competitions, that doesn’t work. Restricted themes usually tend to get less entries than a more open and wide themes, and it also happens to competitions (like the Rally Competition).

Well its about time for the Artistic Comp to be up and running. :)
I do have a few ideas on doing this, since this is an open theme, I can come up with more ideas and still have my entries valid. But I'm not into GT4 anymore, so like, if its possible, can we have both photos from GT4 and TT? I'm more interested on how that combination would come out.... 👍
Hmm, never thought of TT. Maybe it would be a cool addiction. Not for the trial however, but in the next competition weeks. I think I may add TT to the list, but the trial stays restricted to GT4 only.

Thanks again everyone 👍

LdS
Hmm, never thought of TT. Maybe it would be a cool addiction. Not for the trial however, but in the next competition weeks. I think I may add TT to the list, but the trial stays restricted to GT4 only.

Thanks again everyone 👍

Well I don't really mean its entirely have to be just TT. I was thinking of like having both GT4 and TT allowed for each week, meaning there could be some better combinations of photos in the comp. But really, its entirely up to you on how you want to run the comp. I mean, i'm only giving out some suggestions. Also, is there any restrictions on how much you can do on a photo? Lets say if you want to outsource some photos outside of GT4 and implement it into the GT4 photo, is it possible? Like for example, I want to put some special background, or apply some vynil or even slap some bodykits on it. So is it still within the rules?

photos outside of GT4 and implement it into the GT4 photo, is it possible? Like for example, I want to put some special background, or apply some vynil or even slap some bodykits on it. So is it still within the rules?

I'm guessing you can only, slap on a body kit, if you can create it using PS' tools. All the elements/ backgrounds/ cars must come from GT4.

LdS
  • You can only use elements (background and cars) from GT4;
  • Photoshop Rules are free, meaning that you can use every tool available in Photoshop or in any other image editing program;

I know this is more a 2.0 style shot, but I like the looks of it, so here is:​

FINAL ENTRY

I remember the old artistic comp dying rather fast, hope that ain't the case with this. Might give it a shot actually. If I just had the time from school stuff...

Seems to be a great deal of interest. I think I'll give a shot as well. I've been bz trying to make a gallery of sorts!

It's a nice pic, though not the most original, If I have time I'll do something.

SkylineGoes
I remember the old artistic comp dying rather fast, hope that ain't the case with this. Might give it a shot actually. If I just had the time from school stuff...

Well If we don't see a PS comp very often, then surely enough people would definitely take advantage of the next one so they can participate in something they've waited for..for a long time..

we become nastalgic about it..

I'm guessing you can only, slap on a body kit, if you can create it using PS' tools. All the elements/ backgrounds/ cars must come from GT4.

Well I was discussing with LdS on that matter. He said he was cool and he will think about it. Basically, I was thinking this Artistic comp could run on the old PhotoMode/Photoshop Competition rules, which is you can edit the photo as much as you want, as long as you retain an element from GT4/TT. You can look at this post to get an idea on what I was thinking:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1957996&postcount=4
So as you can see, this would really make the comp more interesting and hopefully get more entrants. The best part about this rule is that you can edit the way you see it as "artistic". But for this week, you might just edit a photo which is suited to the current rules for now.... (unless LdS changes the rules....) :)

which is you can edit the photo as much as you want, as long as you retain an element from GT4/TT.

So with those rules, one could render elements in say, Bryce or Studio Max to add. Or for instance one could leave only the wheels and render in thier own car, render thier own background, and then you have a beautiful image, but then you would not recognize that it came from GT4 (or TT), even though it did conform to the rules.

You can look at this post

Wow some great images there, I'm going to have to kick my editing up a gear. I guess it's time to pull out the Drawing Tablet.

Back