The Artistic Competition - Trial - Closed

It was an "Artistic Comp" , and imo I really went way beyond than others can, I can't control how others think or imagine.. but, :(
I really think that is something that the voters should decide, that is why in the Scenery Comp, all entries (unless grossly not following the theme) will be in the poll.

It's a lot less choppier because I can put the car where i want.. but with photo travel it gets repetitive and boring as you do it...

I spent about an hour im guessing snapping the camera moving and saving, and probably another hour putting them together and uploading..

and IMO, I like the Elise more than a Black 787B (it's road legal at the very least :sly:)

You did an excellent job, specially since it was photo travel, what patience you have. I agree yours is far better than mine! What do you use to put together the Gif? I use Ulead Gif Animator.

EDIT- Nevermind, I got my answer looking in you gallery \/, ImageReady.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=97873

I really think that is something that the voters should decide, that is why in the Scenery Comp, all entries (unless grossly not following the theme) will be in the poll.

Yes, here too, but that’s not the point. The point is, it is an animated Image. It is a bit unfair, an I agree with what Minicooper said.

And to add more, this is an "Artistic Competition", not an "Original Ideas Competition". I know, the concept of art is entirely up to you and so on and so on, but I didn’t saw anything artistic in that animation. Just a car drifting. I found much, I MEAN MUCH, more artistic the newer Entry he put it in:

Final Entry... Sin City Appeal

NOW THATS ARTISTIC!!! 👍 👍 👍 :eek:

LdS
Yes, here too, but that’s not the point. The point is, it is an animated Image. It is a bit unfair, an I agree with what Minicooper said.

And to add more, this is an "Artistic Competition", not an "Original Ideas Competition". I know, the concept of art is entirely up to you and so on and so on, but I didn’t saw anything artistic in that animation. Just a car drifting. I found much, I MEAN MUCH, more artistic the newer Entry he put it in:
NOW THATS ARTISTIC!!! 👍 👍 👍 :eek:

The essence of any Art is 'Original Thinking'!!
Art is in the eye of the beholer, it takes a true artist to assemble that ani. in photo travel especially! Not an easy feat by any stretch of the imagination. I just thought that he should be rewarded for all his work, by allowing it. But then again we shouldn't be voting on the work involved, as much as the final result. Anyway I wouldn't have voted for the animation, because there are much better 'Artistic' shots already in this comp.

Yeah, thats pretty artistic but required far less work to accomplish.

BTW- how many are going to be allowed in the poll?? We have 20 entries already, I hate to be the one narrowing it down to 10 (like the other comps). Throwing out 10 excellent shots would be a shame too.

If i may contribute to the argument:
First of all, I have to say that, strictly, animation is definitely a form of art.
But I agree with LdS that it belongs in a different category (like an animation comp). For example, architecture and music are also both "art", but you can't compare such works. Even though animation and still images are more closely related, i wouldn't put them in the same poll.
And i agree with GrumpEone that the animations aren't quite as artistic as some of the photos here, regardless the work that went into it. Which brings me to:
What is art? Hard to say, but imo it consists of a conceptual as well as a technical/skill component. Does that give animation an advantage? I dont think so. It may take some work to put them together, but the same goes for a good still image.

PS: i've not been on for a long time due to school etc. the art comp convinced me though, great idea.
i have been quite busy with GT4 though. i'm addicted to customising cars (wheels, and, sometimes, wing). i'm planning on showing it here but that'll be something for summer vacation i'm afraid...

If i may contribute to the argument:
First of all, I have to say that, strictly, animation is definitely a form of art.
But I agree with LdS that it belongs in a different category (like an animation comp). For example, architecture and music are also both "art", but you can't compare such works. Even though animation and still images are more closely related, i wouldn't put them in the same poll.
And i agree with GrumpEone that the animations aren't quite as artistic as some of the photos here, regardless the work that went into it. Which brings me to:
What is art? Hard to say, but imo it consists of a conceptual as well as a technical/skill component. Does that give animation an advantage? I dont think so. It may take some work to put them together, but the same goes for a good still image.

PS: i've not been on for a long time due to school etc. the art comp convinced me though, great idea.

Well put! I hope to see you at some of the other photomode competitions, your shot was very good!

I'd love an Animation Competition, but un-fortunately it would probably only get 3 or 4 entries, and die off quickly.

I'd love an Animation Competition, but un-fortunately it would probably only get 3 or 4 entries, and die off quickly.
Which is why animations may better belong in the galleries.

Or... we could make one gallery for everyone's animations, and once it reaches a certain amount we have a poll of those entries. So the poll wouldn't have a time deadline. And allow participants to submit multiple entries of course (it's about the animations after all).
Just a thought...
Perhaps open a new thread for the animation discussion?

I’ve extended the deadline to Friday 25th, mainly because I have a national math exam on Thursday and I have to study so, I don’t have too much time to post the poll, so, it will stay open a bit longer.

architecture and music are also both "art", but you can't compare such works....

You sir, are absolutely correct, but however, it was named "Artistic Comp", and usually given in any art comp. IRL or not, artists are allowed to exlpore almost as far as they want.

But whatever it's done and over with.

lds - id like to enter another plea to allow tourist trophy shots as well as gt4 ... specially since my copy of GT4 is too scratched up to boot :indiff:

[empty space];2893880
lds - id like to enter another plea to allow tourist trophy shots as well as gt4 ... specially since my copy of GT4 is too scratched up to boot :indiff:

LdS
But I'm not into GT4 anymore, so like, if its possible, can we have both photos from GT4 and TT? I'm more interested on how that combination would come out.... 👍
Hmm, never thought of TT. Maybe it would be a cool addiction. Not for the trial however, but in the next competition weeks. I think I may add TT to the list, but the trial stays restricted to GT4 only.

;)

doh! i remember reading that it was brought up, but, i didnt remember there being a conclusion.

i guess its time to go back to skool :P

This would be the right time to enter brutus, that's if you guys remember my last supra update. here it is...

final entry

click image for fullsize 👍

Just had to resize my preview pic, which was too big

This would be the right time to enter brutus, that's if you guys remember my last supra update. here it is...

final entry

click image for fullsize 👍

Just had to resize my preview pic, which was too big

THAT is SWEEEEEET!!! 👍

Wow, I never thought we this competition would have such many entries and with suck SUCH quality!!! And for a trial…I’d say, this competition started with a very good blast!!!
Thanks to everyone, for making this possible and for dropping an entry.

Has for Week 1, it will start on the 1st of February (after the trial poll).
Let’s keep this up 👍

Competition Closed

LdS, is there still only going to be 10 in the poll?? If so, good luck narrowing it down...

I thought I already said that all images will be in the poll… ;)

Anyway, I am just waiting for an image to be Re-host to post the poll, because the link to the full size seems to be broken… :indiff:

LdS
I thought I already said that all images will be in the poll… ;)

Anyway, I am just waiting for an image to be Re-host to post the poll, because the link to the full size seems to be broken… :indiff:

Did you? Sorry, I must have missed it...

LdS
Wow, I never thought we this competition would have such many entries and with suck quality!!! And for a trial…I’d say, this competition started with a very good blast!!!
Thanks to everyone, for making this possible and for dropping an entry.

Has for Week 1, it will start on the 1st of February (after the trial poll).
Let’s keep this up 👍

Competition Closed

suck quality ? :lol: :grumpy::lol:

Wow - this comp really brought in the contenders - lotsa FUN and look forward to next comp.

q111iz8.jpg

Wow, I never thought we this competition would have such many entries and with suck quality!!!

:lol:
Drunk post FTW? :D
But yeah, totally agree with you about this. I think this comp has a great start it needed. Only thing is, hopefully this number of entries will sustain throughout the weeks this comp would be running..... :indiff:

LdS
Wow, I never thought we this competition would have such many entries and with suck such quality!!!
suck quality ? :lol: :grumpy::lol:
:lol:
Drunk post FTW? :D
But yeah, totally agree with you about this. I think this comp has a great start it needed. Only thing is, hopefully this number of entries will sustain throughout the weeks this comp would be running..... :indiff:

Ups, sorry, I meant such.
What a terrible mistake. I must have been drinking last night or something. :lol: :guilty:
Sorry again. I feel so embarrassed.:ouch:

WOW, what one letter can do....

Anyway just fixed ;)

LdS
Ups, sorry, I meant such.
What a terrible mistake. I must have been drinking last night or something. :lol: :guilty:
Sorry again. I feel so embarrassed.:ouch:

WOW, what one letter can do....

Anyway just fixed ;)

No problem MAN. Nothing is PERFECT. The comp is a great success and we all appreciate some NEW challenges. Personally it was uplifting to see what the BOYZ had been holding back for so long in terms of FREE creativity.

In hindsight I should have posted my Final much later - which is a REAL 👎 compared to the field.

Don't know if I can be any help with SIZE problems - maybe if you can be more specific as to the "preview/real-size" thing?!?

Maybe poll HTML gets muffled. DONO.

q110ig8.jpg

Back