The Assetto Corsa Photo Thread

• Thread starter chromatic9
  • 8,989 comments
"The AI is Improved" they said.
-
ImprovedAI_waifu2x.png

-
"They won't go 3-wide turn 1 anymore" they said.

But hey, the R-18 is nice to finally have. :sly:
-
R18_etron_waifu2x.png

I always forget that you guys on the consoles can't just hop on Race Department and download skins. That blows. It's 2017 for God's sake. There should be a way to let you go download your own skins (and frankly, mods..but let's keep it super simple with just skins) and upload them to your PS4 so you can enjoy a plethora of different looks on your race tracks. There's gotta be a way that they could provide safe, secure user storage that can't manipulate the OS partitions or whatever. I can only imagine how pissed you must get from time to time...especially when a situation like the MC12 appears. Yes...I can't wait to run full grids with everybody in the same exact colored car. Weeeee! :banghead:
My solution to this would be the way Konami did it for kits in Pes.

@Kurei That shot of the R-18 is stunning. It looks like an actual photograph. Is that straight from the game or did you do some post-processing on it? Some Photoshop wizardry, perhaps? :sly:

@Kurei That shot of the R-18 is stunning. It looks like an actual photograph. Is that straight from the game or did you do some post-processing on it? Some Photoshop wizardry, perhaps? :sly:

It's saved 'straight' from the game (user/documents/assettocorsa/screens), The focus/lighting and all that is in-game. I run the Natural Graphics mod, used the Photomode PP filter it has, and run my posted photos through waifu2x just to reduce any excess 'noise'. (.jpg -vs- .png)

It's been working well :D. (hoping that one gets a photo-of-the-week pick or spotlight or something)

I think the Paul Ricard supports up to 36 car? Not many tracks does. I think the version of Le Mans we have is 30 only. Road America I think might support 33? That was kinda fun playing multi-class with AI. Only issue is the AIs are kinda ****** being lapped. Just have to give them a wide berth....

IMG_2038.PNG
IMG_2037.PNG
IMG_2036.PNG
I'm angry with myself for waiting this long to try AC. Picked up today for 20$ and it's worth way more
The physics are magical, it feels fantastic - sure the graphics aren't stellar but so what , driving sims aren't for admiring pretty trees and such but it does look great track-wise
It feels rewarding being that it's far more challenging than other racers

I'm angry with myself for waiting this long to try AC. Picked up today for 20$ and it's worth way more
The physics are magical, it feels fantastic - sure the graphics aren't stellar but so what , driving sims aren't for admiring pretty trees and such but it does look great track-wise
It feels rewarding being that it's far more challenging than other racers

Welcome aboard.

#PS4 Pro 3840x2160px (Replay>Screen captures..No photomode yet on PS4 :nervous:)

I'm glad you ended up getting this @ScandyFlik (I brought this pre-order Full price and also the Full season pass and have no regrets) the physics are sublime on a wheel. Graphics I can live with as the actual racing is great especially the faster road cars down the Highlands and Monza (1966) 👍
#Porsche917K

#Abarth

Last edited:
@torque99 I've contemplated it a long time but 30$ for game and season pass I could not pass up with the recent Xbox summer sale
It is an amazing game, sometimes the real sense of speed sitting in front of my 60" gives me nausea :crazy: , something no other racer can do - which is a good thing I reckon lol

Plus Xbox got the patch today to boot
:cheers:

@torque99 I've contemplated it a long time but 30$ for game and season pass I could not pass up with the recent Xbox summer sale
It is an amazing game, sometimes the real sense of speed sitting in front of my 60" gives me nausea :crazy: , something no other racer can do - which is a good thing I reckon lol

Plus Xbox got the patch today to boot
:cheers:
What FOV do you use? I've been playing with it recently, setting it to around 30-35. This looks more realistic in terms of scale imo but makes my eyes to a bit goggle eyed and nauseous ( it's generally ok though on open wheelers ). Besides this testing I always set to default, then set FOV to 70ish, then I move my seat forward closer to the steering wheel. This gives a much better sense of speed than a narrower FOV. I sit at around 6ft from a 40inch tv.

@lancia delta hf I believe it's mid 60s ish
No other racing game has had the effect on me, that and the closer to reality of it just gets me feeling a little funky if I'm on too long. Finally figured out what was doin it thankfully thought I was going a bit nuts

#PS4 Pro 3840x2160px (Replay>Screen captures)
#Audi

#Corvette

@ScandyFlik @lancia delta hf It's only Racing in PS VR that seems to give me headaches! Especially Dirt Rally in Finland and all those Jumps. AC infront of the TV is no problem and feels quite calm compared to VR 👍

I still recommend this combo, now you have Highlands Long on the Xbox to take the Porsche 911R down there at 8.5k revs most the way (8.00am Clear) :cheers:

Last edited:
@torque99 - The Highlands layout with the long back straight is so sweet. It's fun to see how long you can stay on the gas and safely negotiate the right-hand turn on the uphill end of the straight. 👍 And usually you're able to keep a lot of momentum going after that right-hander and the next part is on a downhill slope with that little drop where you end up catching air. :eek: :cool: That whole section is one of my favorites in Assetto Corsa. I've had some ridiculously near death experiences there. :D

Back