The Barclaycard Premiership Thread

• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 517 comments

Mike Rotch

Aluminium Overcast
Staff Emeritus
Australia
Down under
Well, as something doesnt really exist that caters for the english league, I created one.

Yes, this thread is for discussion on the Barclaycard Premiership (and Nationwide, FA Cup at a stretch). Discuss the weekends past results and their impact on the title race. Your team about to sign a wunderkind? Let us know how you feel.

:)

Manchester United will win the leauge. :D

Well looks like Leeds are at the bottom of the table again, after Wolves finally win a game. Although Smith scored a great header against Man U.

You know the champions leauge is starting up again, I need to check the site, I forget who everyone is playing.

Well, I'll kick things off. Man U have defensive problems. A draw with Leeds? Good show Gary Neville. And not to mention Ruud blasting a half volley into the roof gutters from 6 yards out with 3 mins on the clock.

If ManU lose to Arsenal when they meet, the title will be over for em.

EDIT: Doh
Edit x2: Who scored for Chelski/Arsenal?

Originally posted by Mike Rotch
Well, I'll kick things off. Man U have defensive problems. A draw with Leeds? Good show Gary Neville. And not to mention Ruud blasting a half volley into the roof gutters from 6 yards out with 3 mins on the clock.

If ManU lose to Arsenal when they meet, the title will be over for em.

EDIT: Doh
Edit x2: Who scored for Chelski/Arsenal?

They need to sort it out defense wise, ie get over not having Rio. I don't think they played Saha, I have a feeling he is going to get more time on the pitch if Ruud is this [sarcasm]awesome[/sarcasm].

Viera, Edu and I think Gudjohnsen scored for Chelsea. Although he got sent off.

I think ManU have a psychological problem in defence. Brown and Silvestre are pretty solid. O'Shea is good when the team plays well, Fortune sucks, whether he sits on the bench or plays left midfield.

Thanks Portsmouth. They are orsome. :D

Mind you Liverpool are lucky to be in the position they are now, with their current performance and at the beginning of the season.

At least that wally Owen missed a penalty. I cant stand him.

ManU play Porto this week. Should be interesting.

Arsenal got 357m pounds approved financing for their new stadium. Why not just extend the old one? Ashburton Grove sounds 👎 compared to Highbury.

Highbury is full of gimps.

Edit: I mean it's kinda old, a new stadium would help club revenue in the long run anyway.

Its looking more and more like Arsenal to win the league you know. If they carry on without losing their confidence will be so high - good for the champions league too

Im working tonight so wont catch all of the footie but should get the full second half though.

Haha how ironic, I get the ARSEnal Celtavigo match on telly and My Crotch gets Man U Porto.

BTW

It's 1 - 1 at the moment, go Celta Vigo!

Edit: 2 - 2 and there are two Edu's, although the ARSEnal one sucks.

a very cool third goal though

cool henri faking his shoit and then a very cool pires netting with two defenders just about to take him out !!

Good work to Arsenal I say !!

Originally posted by BigJamesGTI

Good work to Arsenal I say !!

Word life. (...John Cena...Nevermind)

Arsenal winning in europe is a good sign. But the title will be decided on March 28 when ManUre play Arsenal.

Originally posted by Mike Rotch
Word life. (...John Cena...Nevermind)

Arsenal winning in europe is a good sign. But the title will be decided on March 28 when ManUre play Arsenal.

That will probably be the deciding match of the premiership.

Porto 2- Man U 1 :D

I missed the last goal though :(

Its always a good thing when Ruud has to come to the halfway line to pick up possession 👍

It will come, It has too. It is a bit funny tho that everyone thought arsenal had no squad depth, meanwhile ManU dont have a defender in sight.

Chelski are sneaking up on ManU too.

They go up from the first div and back down again, they are a yo yo club.

Wolves just suck, I wanna see Bolton and West Ham back.

Bolton are in the premiership - they cant be back, they're here already. I dont like them either. Wolves must go down with Leceister.

And Everton. I hate them.

Everton aren't that bad, I mean that ugly kid plays for them. Not Bolton, i'm thiking of another club, I think.

Back