The Barclaycard Premiership Thread

• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 517 comments
What do you think the top clubs should be concentrating on? Winning domestically, or winning in Europe?

I think they are too focused on the UEFA cup and Champeens leauge.

UEFA cup rules

I suppose it depends on how well a club is doing in the prem'ship as to whether or not they concentrate on europe

Liverpool look to have done fairly good out of the cup draw

Originally posted by Race Idiot
What do you think the top clubs should be concentrating on? Winning domestically, or winning in Europe?

I think they are too focused on the UEFA cup and Champeens leauge.
Their bread is buttered at home. first Premiership, then FA Cup, then Champions League/UEFA.

Pity ManUre will lose all three :D

I'll be suprised if that happens at Old Trafford, if they do they will have reached a new level of suckitude.

I think he is back from injury, I read it in the paper. Although so is Garry Nevile, who is 'awesome'

Originally posted by Race Idiot

well there is more money in the international competitions that there is in a domestic competition. That pleases the fans, the players and the board. A prolific european run will raise the profile of the club internationally attracting foriegn investment from companies and other clubs wishing to deal with you. Moral is increased and clubs tend to do better at home (financially) when they are still in europe...people want to come and see the team play more.

Man U V Arsenal as a Semi-Final?

The possibility of Millwall in the FA Cup final. What a cok-up.

Heh, it would be funny if Man U won the cup and Arsenal won the Leauge. Gotta watch the match tonight, Fergie was bashing the porto manager for his diving players and goalkeeper.

Yea i saw. Bad sport that he is. I reckon Man U win 2 -1 which means extra time.

Man U Arsenal should have been the cup final .

I think it is just rewards for MU. How many times have they scored in the last minute to win a tie. I'm glad Howard messed up too. That should shut everyone's yapper; he is an average GK.

Man U 1 Man City 4

Well the season is really falling apart for Fergie. That Arsenal game in two weeks in a must win now. ManU's defence sucks.

What's happened to all the teams these days? Some teams I've never heard of are winning. I wish that Newcastle woul start winning again.

Mike Rotch I've just realised your sig and I can't even remember the South African Postal service. Was there ever one?

Originally posted by Mike Rotch
Man U 1 Man City 4

Well the season is really falling apart for Fergie. That Arsenal game in two weeks in a must win now. ManU's defence sucks.

Jeebus! That sucks and/or blows. Mind you Arsenal went all crappy when they lost Sol Cambell last season and that Cygan Bloke just couldn't cut it.

Originally posted by DRIFT4EVA

Mike Rotch I've just realised your sig and I can't even remember the South African Postal service. Was there ever one?

On paper there was/is one.

Their job is to send out letters reminding you to renew your PO box subscription. And to lose things in the post.

On paper there was/is one.

Their job is to send out letters reminding you to renew your PO box subscription. And to lose things in the post.

Ah memories :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yay. Leeds won! 3 points they really need. Charlton lost :grumpy: Lousy cheating, diving Newcastle players.

Yay. Leeds won! 3 points they really need. Charlton lost :grumpy: Lousy cheating, diving Newcastle players.

HEY!!! Don't dis my team the Magpies (For the n00bs out there It's Newcastle)

Oh yea. My Soccer Season starts soon

Arsenal are goin down man!

Third/Fourth time lucky for Chelsea, err maybe.

*Hopes*

Oh and 👍 to Leeds, finally they got off the bottom.

Shame. I feel sorry for Ranieri. I mean, what do they expect of the guy? I reckon Ancelotti replaces him.

Back