The Barclay's Premiership - 2004/2005 Season - Thread

• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 1,312 comments
Arsenal > Everyone else ;)

It could happen, Charlton and Villa came very close last season.

Someone probably will. I don't think any team will go unbeaten for a whole season again. Well, not for a very long time anyway.

Yea, Arsenal will be beaten this season. But so will ManU (by Arsenal :dopey: ).

Prediction? Same as last season for first 3. Maybe Chelski 2nd, Man U 3rd :D

I hope Newcastle get relegated (With Everton and Crystal Palace). I also hope Charlton get into Europe.

They should target the FA and League Cup. If they dont win anything, Mourinho will get the chop from Row-man. 👎

A great team with already great players and a great manager is an even better start.

Well, one needs money to build a team, but you cant buy success. Like Roman wants to.

Mike Rotch
Well, one needs money to build a team, but you cant buy success. Like Roman wants to.

This is true, but getting Mourinho as manager seems like a good idea to me. He doesn't seem to think that big name players = results. Which is what last season was all about.

I still preferred Ranieri, although he maybe bowed to pressure to keep big names in the team when they shouldnt have been.

I think Ranieri definateley should have stayed. He had a great relationship with all the players and was just starting to get them to mould together. They had a fantastic end to the season. Now they have to start all over again. Chances are they wont win much and Mourinho will go at the end of the season. Some of the bosses in the Premiership don't understand patience.

Mike Rotch
I still preferred Ranieri, although he maybe bowed to pressure to keep big names in the team when they shouldnt have been.

I think Rainieri would've worked, but unfortunately he's been ousted. In some aspects Mourino reminds me of Wenger a bit.

What about Tottenhams new manager and Liverpools new manager. And why aren't there many good English managers?

Apparently not. Just like there arent many good English players (judging from the amount of foreigners in the Premiership :confused: ).

Mike Rotch
Apparently not. Just like there arent many good English players (judging from the amount of foreigners in the Premiership :confused: ).

:(
You'd think, seeing as we're such a big footballing nation and such a competitive leauge we'd have more home grown tallent. :(

I mean if you look at Italy, I don't think they have one foreign manager in Seri A.

Oh and is it just me, or are we posting in a new thread? :dunce:
I thought this was the old one.

This is a new one. I think foreign players in the premiership are a good thing. Its what makes it the best leauge in the world. It has the best players in the world...... well....... most of them anyway.

Mike Rotch
Hesky went to Birmingham didnt he? Ha. Magpies are doomed to another mediocre season. As long as they have that idiot Bellamy and Dyer, that is all they will get.
You = bastige.

We are going to own the premiership since we may be getting our mitts on Giourkas Seitaridis.

Was it rumoured that one of the Portuguese back four is linked as well?

911_Carrera
You = bastige.

We are going to own the premiership since we may be getting our mitts on Giourkas Seitaridis.

Gerkus who? All of a sudden, because Greece won Euro 04, every Greek player in the team is awesome? Heh good, buy them all up, so when they suck Robson will be stuck with em 👍

:D

You know, if Kluivert goes to Middlesborough why don't they just buy the rest of the holland national squad. And one Greek player isn't going to magicly make your creaking midfield better.

Heh. - creaking 👍

Middlesbrough are a bit of a mystery. They have a solid squad, yet never seem to do very well in the league.

The mystery's of Middlesbrough.

They certainly do underachive, I mean you look at teams like Charlton with very few big name players and they tend to put in better performances. Let's just say they are the Leauges underachivers.

At least McLaren > Bruce as a manager.

So you thought I had simply renamed the old Barclaycard thread :dopey: ?

Who is their line-up for this year? Giggs (L), Keane (C), Scholes (C) , Ronaldo (R).

They need someone to replace scholes in the middle so he can roam around more.

I'd say Scholes is fine for a few more seasons, I just think Roy Keane is getting on a bit now. I mean what happened to Klebberson, Fletcher and Quentin Fortune.

Klebberson got sold didnt he? Fletcher i think is still around, but i dont hink is ManU quality. Fortune is always played out of position, that is, when he isnt injured.

ManU need a Makelele type player in the midfield.

I say, they buy Viera!

I think Fergie has signed two more youngsters, but I can't remember what positions they play.

Lemme look it up, or look at Dquan's post earlier.

Back