The Before & After Thread

Here's a bunch of GIFs that flick between edited and original shots from my recent Porsche edits - see the shots in full res and high quality in my gallery.

911-Turbo-2.gif
911-Turbo-1.gif
911-GT3-RS-1.gif
911-GT3-RS-2.gif

Unedited

Click for Lightbox

Edited

How do you do that? I don't use photo editing programs, so I'm completely clueless as to how you produce color trails. Are they made from scratch or are you using templates/pre-made stuff?

How do you do that? I don't use photo editing programs, so I'm completely clueless as to how you produce color trails. Are they made from scratch or are you using templates/pre-made stuff?
I created the streaks with custom brushes, then I added motion blur to them.

Some cool stuff in here. Since starting GT6 my MO has been to just do strictly no edit shots but this thread is making me want to drag them into PS again.

Damn you, damn you all lol :lol:

All opinions accepted and appreciated by me for this one. First time I have really changed the image apart from the colour curves and removing the water mark.

Before:

Goodwood Hillclimb_4Small.jpg

+

Goodwood Hillclimb_4EditSmall.jpg

Thought I would try something a bit more extreme than I usually do today. According to what I see on my monitor right now the color and lighting is what I was after (hopefully it isn't too dark on other screens) but the banding I fought with has kind of wrecked it for me. I'm positive there are better methods for doing what I did that wouldn't introduce so many artifacts but this was just sort of a proof of concept I guess.

Thought I'd post it up here anyway...

Edit: Now having seen it on my cell, ya it's too dark. Now I'm really bummed :(

Last edited:
Thought I would try something a bit more extreme than I usually do today. According to what I see on my monitor right now the color and lighting is what I was after (hopefully it isn't too dark on other screens) but the banding I fought with has kind of wrecked it for me. I'm positive there are better methods for doing what I did that wouldn't introduce so many artifacts but this was just sort of a proof of concept I guess.

Thought I'd post it up here anyway...

Edit: Now having seen it on my cell, ya it's too dark. Now I'm really bummed :(
It looks fine on mine! No problemo and it turned out not to bad! Like the final effect of the ground on the left! - I have also noticed that if you edit in front of an LED monitor and look at it at other angle than 90 deg you will notice a lot more detail than you would if straight on!? Does this seem right?

Back