The best GT5 cars according to stormbringer!

hey ras, good to see youre back. I havent played GT in quite some time now. got bored, waiting for new DLC..

the merc is awesome. but i do remember it being a bit harder to control than the nissan. That R39 is much too easy to drive for its power, feels very solid and well planted. The merc is a little less predictable. It has been ages since i drove em both.

Their stats are similar so ill adjust the ratings 👍

Hi storm, thanks for the adjustment. I changed my favorite ride back to the old R89C. Out of the most powerful LMP/group c cars this is the one which is easiest to control.

I`m bored to, i think i`m going to see how fast i am in practice mode. I might get frustrated though since i don`t drive between the lines ....

There is no point in racing the AI since i always slap on racing softs.

Online racing is usually a bit of a waste of time. It will only be real fun if the other person is of the same level and also likes to drive with all aids on.

Why don`t they release a new GT game each year, that way i`m covered for at least 4 months a year :-)

Hi storm, thanks for the adjustment. I changed my favorite ride back to the old R89C. Out of the most powerful LMP/group c cars this is the one which is easiest to control.

I`m bored to, i think i`m going to see how fast i am in practice mode. I might get frustrated though since i don`t drive between the lines ....

There is no point in racing the AI since i always slap on racing softs.

Online racing is usually a bit of a waste of time. It will only be real fun if the other person is of the same level and also likes to drive with all aids on.

Why don`t they release a new GT game each year, that way i`m covered for at least 4 months a year :-)

they really need to release something to revive the game. Its getting pretty stale now. I got bored and bought F1 2011 but it just doesnt compare physics wise, so i guess im stuck waiting for PD to deliver.

This is a great list stormbringer 👍
I'm just wondering, are you planning on testing the x2011?

thanks. No point testing the 2011. It will, ofcourse take 1st place, beating the 2010 by a little bit.

Storm, thank you so much for writing this post. Your post made me create a profile just to write this comment. the amount of time you put into this is epic and I thank you so much again for writing such a wonderful article.

I bought the c60 hybrid and got the best lap time for the 650pp nürburgring, 6:19 the r8 was around 6:30. I'm no pro. I now want to try some of the other LM cars you suggested.

Again thanks for the hard work!

Thanks for the Great Work and effort you've put in.

Only recently started recording my own data. Trying to figure out which cars will work best for online races especially with restricted PP's So far it been a great fun.

I do my testing on two tracks Tsukuba and Indy. I think this is great cause it allows you in a sense to test a car in two respects:. Tsukuba is a track imo that test's a car's handling, braking and acceleration out of corners more than any other track. Indy is just speed, but imo almost all of the good race tracks are a ratio of the two. Another benefit of these two tracks is that the time it takes to complete a lap is generally all under a 1min which allows me to have various test laps for tuning and setting up top laps without wasting too much time. With the data I collect from these two tracks I can create all sorts of interesting ratios not just for individual cars but collectively by means of averaging. When comparing the two ratio (individual and collective) its easy to see which cars are ideal for the tight stuff and which ones are better at the straights. Imo, these ratio's allows me pick the right car for the right race and kick ass, be it tight, open or balanced especially with PP online limits

My data is currently is pretty incomprehensive (only 8 cars lol) but it's sure to grow. Your data is my no.1 reference from here on in!!! Thanks so much, hope to share my stats with you once it’s a bit more comprehensive!:)

Nice thread mate, gave me a lot of new useful info on what cars to buy next. I was leaning towards an LFA and a SLR, but I've decided against it now and go for the SLS instead, and the Delta is my dream car, surprised it doesn't turn that well, better start farming :P

Thanks for the Great Work and effort you've put in.

Only recently started recording my own data. Trying to figure out which cars will work best for online races especially with restricted PP's So far it been a great fun.

I do my testing on two tracks Tsukuba and Indy. I think this is great cause it allows you in a sense to test a car in two respects:. Tsukuba is a track imo that test's a car's handling, braking and acceleration out of corners more than any other track. Indy is just speed, but imo almost all of the good race tracks are a ratio of the two. Another benefit of these two tracks is that the time it takes to complete a lap is generally all under a 1min which allows me to have various test laps for tuning and setting up top laps without wasting too much time. With the data I collect from these two tracks I can create all sorts of interesting ratios not just for individual cars but collectively by means of averaging. When comparing the two ratio (individual and collective) its easy to see which cars are ideal for the tight stuff and which ones are better at the straights. Imo, these ratio's allows me pick the right car for the right race and kick ass, be it tight, open or balanced especially with PP online limits

My data is currently is pretty incomprehensive (only 8 cars lol) but it's sure to grow. Your data is my no.1 reference from here on in!!! Thanks so much, hope to share my stats with you once it’s a bit more comprehensive!:)

thanks. Making such a list will be invaluable. Your driving and tuning knowledge will automatically increase as you try to tame different cars.

Tsukuba is a good track for testing. Generally, i tend to choose a twisty turny track for testing, as thats where the race is won.
Indy, i dont like.

Enjoy and let me know how it goes.

Nice thread mate, gave me a lot of new useful info on what cars to buy next. I was leaning towards an LFA and a SLR, but I've decided against it now and go for the SLS instead, and the Delta is my dream car, surprised it doesn't turn that well, better start farming :P

Ah, the LFA, i was very excited about that car, but it wasnt as thrilling as i had hoped. Awesome sound though.

The SLR is actually quite nice, drives well once you figure out how to throw it into a corner. I didnt like it in the beginning.

Cant go wrong with the SLS. Thats probably one of the best and easiest handling road cars in GT.

Well, GT6 isn`t worth the hassle of putting such a huge list together. Infantile AI, anticlimatic ending (like they never intended to create the enduro series), but nevertheless great phisics. I was much sooner bored with GT6 than with GT5.

Maybe when a new release hits the PS4. But PD is not able to create a strong AI so i wouldn`t bother anymore. This list is the last of the Mohicans dude 👍

Back