The Best Point to Point Driver's Roads In The World

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 130 comments
I have a question - Can I suggest roads that have stop signs and intersections in them? There's a few in a nearby park that are perfect.

I have a question - Can I suggest roads that have stop signs and intersections in them? There's a few in a nearby park that are perfect.
Roads where the intersections are seen as side streets are ok.
I would prefer it if roads with Stop signs are left out.
By my definition, once you've reached a Stop sign, the road you were travelling on has finished & you are entering a new road.

Roads where the intersections are seen as side streets are ok.
I would prefer it if roads with Stop signs are left out.
By my definition, once you've reached a Stop sign, the road you were travelling on has finished & you are entering a new road.
Dang it. Oh well...

How long are the roads in question?
I'm not too sure, but when I drive them, it takes about 10 minutes at 40 MPH. I think both are maybe 5-6 miles? They merge into one and lead down to the stop sign.

I'm not too sure, but when I drive them, it takes about 10 minutes at 40 MPH. I think both are maybe 5-6 miles? They merge into one and lead down to the stop sign.
Oh that's ok. They sound like fun too.
If you want to add them to the list, go for it 👍

Have you considered the Blue Ridge Parkway? Several hundred miles, and several thousand feet of elevation changes. ;)

Here is an idea of what you can see:
https://visitncsmokies.com/blue-ridge-parkway/

But a really neat run would be from Mt Mitchell to Mt Pisgah. The highest point east of the Mississippi to the broadcast tower at Pisgah.

Or anywhere on the entire 450 mile length. ;)

Then there is the Tail of the Dragon. (Duh... ;) )

And my personal favorite, the high speed Tail of the Dragon, which is I-40 going through Haywood county in NC. I have done it several clicks over the speed limit. That was before it got so crowded....

But it's an awesome road for high speed! Just as much as the REAL tail is awesome for handling.

Last edited:
Have you considered the Blue Ridge Parkway? Several hundred miles, and several thousand feet of elevation changes. ;)

Here is an idea of what you can see:
https://visitncsmokies.com/blue-ridge-parkway/

But a really neat run would be from Mt Mitchell to Mt Pisgah. The highest point east of the Mississippi to the broadcast tower at Pisgah.

Or anywhere on the entire 450 mile length. ;)

Then there is the Tail of the Dragon. (Duh... ;) )

And my personal favorite, the high speed Tail of the Dragon, which is I-40 going through Haywood county in NC. I have done it several clicks over the speed limit. That was before it got so crowded....

But it's an awesome road for high speed! Just as much as the REAL tail is awesome for handling.
Hey mate, thanks for blowing the spider webs & dust off my old thread.

Some good suggestions for good driving roads there. Unfortunately, I don’t think anyone is interested anymore.

If some game developer picks up this idea in the future, remember you read it here first ;) 👍

Back