The Best Point to Point Driver's Roads In The World

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 130 comments
Yes me too. I would love to ride one but around The Motor City people drive too crazy and it's :scared:
BG, I sit up high in a big, heavy truck & see what car drivers with a death wish do in front of me so there's absolutely no hope of me ever throwing a leg over.
I've ridden a few quad bikes before & that's as close as I get to being comfortable with something vibrating between my legs :D

Oxley Highway, Doyles River State Forest (Yarras-Yarrowitch)

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/m/?r=6769419&rf=1

Sir Bertram Stevens Drive, Royal National Park (Loftus-Coalcliff)

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/m/?r=6769420&rf=1

Old Pacific Highway, Brisbane Waters and Ku-Ring-Gai Chase National Parks (Kariong-Galston)

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/m/?r=6769421&rf=1
Thanks for the suggestions & for the links. It helps to have the extra detail & makes it easier to get a picture of where you're talking about. They look like a very nice drive.

Thanks for the suggestions & for the links. It helps to have the extra detail & makes it easier to get a picture of where you're talking about. They look like a very nice drive.
The Oxley Highway is practically a rally road. It's a 65km labyrinth of twisting roads, blind corners and vertiginous drops. The first half is poor quality because the council that looks after it is pretty stingy; the second half, once you cross the shire boundary, is smooth and wide enough that you can comfortably get up to the 110km/h speed limit.

I haven't driven the Royal National Park in ages, but I'm pretty sure that the final chase sequence from Mission: Impossible 2 was filmed there.

As for the B83 - the Old Pacific Highway - it's a good driver's road, and one that is very popular with riders. It fell out of use when the F3 (now confusingly known as the M1) was built, but it's in really good condition.

The Oxley Highway is practically a rally road. It's a 65km labyrinth of twisting roads, blind corners and vertiginous drops. The first half is poor quality because the council that looks after it is pretty stingy; the second half, once you cross the shire boundary, is smooth and wide enough that you can comfortably get up to the 110km/h speed limit.

I haven't driven the Royal National Park in ages, but I'm pretty sure that the final chase sequence from Mission: Impossible 2 was filmed there.

As for the B83 - the Old Pacific Highway - it's a good driver's road, and one that is very popular with riders. It fell out of use when the F3 (now confusingly known as the M1) was built, but it's in really good condition.
:lol: Shire or council boundaries can be quite obvious to the driver in some places can't they :odd:

here is another idea/alternative for dream roads you will absolutely love! is in the center of Spain its the land of almighty novel of don quijote de la mancha in the province of castilla la mancha

there is a beautiful sight of semi desert fields with long straights mixed with happy corners!! its so good! been there last spring!

the operator is called "On the Road Spain" web: http://www.ontheroad-spain.com

http://www.ontheroad-spain.com/store/p1/Pure_Spain_livestock_visit.html

s738245627970308643_p1_i12_w1280.jpeg
2014-Ferrari-California-in-motion-front-view.jpg

As the title suggests, imagine taking the best cars in the game, for a drive on the World's best driving roads :bowdown::D

Everyone has a favorite I'm sure and can think of many more.

They could be under 30 minutes go to whoa or require a save halfway or part of the way through.

• Pacific Coast Highway, USA
  • The Atlantic Road, Norway
  • Tianmen Mountains Road, Hunan, China
  • Seven Mile Bridge, Florida Keys
  • Chapman's Peak Drive, Cape Town, South Africa
  • Stelvio Pass, Eastern Alps, Italy
  • Col de Turini, France
  • Guoliang Tunnel Road, China
  • Denali Highway, Alaska
  • Karakoram Highway, China/Pakistan
  • Great Ocean Road, Victoria, Australia
  • Ruta 40, Argentina
  • Going-to-the-Sun-Road, Glacier National Park, Montana
  • Dades Gorges, High Atlas, Morocco
  • U.S Route 550 "The Million Dollar Highway", Colorado
  • Trollstigen, Rauma, Norway
  • The Amalfi Coast, Italy
  • Transfagarasan, Romania
Options could include:
  • Time Trials at the posted speed limit with penalties/tickets for going over :indiff: :irked: :mad: :banghead: 🤬
  • No speed limits :scared:
  • Weather/Time change :nervous:
  • Reverse direction
Would this be popular?
What suggestions can you add? 💡
Was thinking about this for many years now.
I think it should be an additional part of the gt series. The potential is amazing for such kind of real world roads.

Was thinking about this for many years now.
I think it should be an additional part of the gt series. The potential is amazing for such kind of real world roads.
Thankyou for your support of my suggestion @seraph1 :) 👍
As I see it, PD could take one of two paths with this idea. They could include a small number of world famous roads in GT7 and leave it at that or, develop an entirely new game called 'GT Touring' and include as many as possible.
I must admit a title dedicated to replicating Targa Tasmania and it's wonderful roads would go a long way to ticking this box for me.
Another possibility would be if PD got serious about the WRC. Can you imagine the famous Monte Carlo rally being faithfully replicated for us to enjoy in the most legendary rally cars from years past? :eek: :drool:

I just drove it this weekend and it's Fantastic!!! It's M-119 The Tunnel of Trees, It starts outside Harbor Springs and goes North for 20 miles, it ends at Cross Village.

Tunnel of Trees Map.jpg

It would be a great Time Trial Course. As you can see there's no centerline and it's only 2 lanes wide. It has twist's and turn's, up's and down's too.

This One Curves Right.

Tunnel of Trees 4.0.jpg

This One Curves Left.

Tunnel of Trees 2.0.jpg

And A Straight Away.

Tunnel of Trees 5.0.jpg

The Only Problem is The Tree's are real close to the road. It can be a little :scared:

Cheers Smiley.gif

Last edited:
I just drove it this weekend and it's Fantastic!!! It's M-119 The Tunnel of Trees, It starts just outside Harbor Springs and goes North for 20 miles, it ends at Cross Village.

View attachment 567322

It would be a great Time Trial Course. As you can see there's no centerline and it's only 2 lanes wide. It has twist's and turn's, up's and down's too.

This One Curves Right.

View attachment 567321

This One Curves Left.

View attachment 567320

And A Straight Away.

View attachment 567328

The Only Problem is The Tree's are real close to the road. It can be a little :scared:

View attachment 567327
I love it BG :bowdown: This is the kind of road that I'm looking to add to the list. Great detailed post :cheers:
Having the trees so close to the road means penalties apply if you overstep the mark :scared:
How long did it take you from start to finish?

I love it BG :bowdown: This is the kind of road that I'm looking to add to the list. Great detailed post :cheers:
Having the trees so close to the road means penalties apply if you overstep the mark :scared:
How long did it take you from start to finish?

It took longer because I had a slow poke in front of me so I couldn't keep a steady speed and flow going, so it took me about 40 to 60 mins to do, which it should only take about 30 to 40. 30 min or lower would be a really good time, but you have to watch out for oncoming traffic too. The car I Drive is a 2015 Chrysler 200C AWD with Sport Mode, 3.6 Litre V6 24 Valve VVT Engine, 9 Speed Auto Trans, Paddle Shifters, 19 x 8 Rims. In Sport Mode the suspension gets stiffer, the trans shifts quicker and the steering is more responsive too.

Here's a Photo:

Chrysler 200C 3.jpg

The Color is Luxury Brown Pearl Coat.

Here's a shot of the Driver Side Mirror, Look at how it Sparkles.

Chrysler 200C Side Mirror.jpg

That's Me in the reflection on the mirror, I'm trying to capture how much sparkle there is in the paint.

Cheers Smiley.gif

Last edited:
I was thinking at some parts that I was driving a Time Trial like in the game, but I had my wife and daughter in the car too so I couldn't go that fast, but they had fun too. The sunroof was open so were the windows, Man it was a Lot of Fun!!! 👍 I had a big :D on my face when we stopped for lunch at the beach on Lake Michigan afterwards.

It took longer because I had a slow poke in front of me so I couldn't keep a steady speed and flow going, so it took me about 40 to 60 mins to do, which it should only take about 30 to 40. 30 min or lower would be a really good time, but you have to watch out for oncoming traffic too. The car I Drive is a 2015 Chrysler 200C AWD with Sport Mode, 3.6 Litre V6 24 Valve VVT Engine, 9 Speed Auto Trans, Paddle Shifters, 19 in. Rims. In Sport Mode the suspension gets stiffer, the trans shifts quicker and the steering is more responsive too.

Here's a Photo:

View attachment 567392

The Color is Luxury Brown Pearl Coat.

Here's a shot of the Driver Side Mirror, Look at how it Sparkles.

View attachment 567393

That's Me in the reflection on the mirror, I'm trying to capture how much sparkle there is in the paint.

View attachment 567394
Well how about that. We both drive a car with a 3.6V6 that has 24 valves and VVT. That's where the similarities end though. Mine's a FR and only has 4 w e l l s p a c e d ratios to work with :indiff: No paddle shifters and only 15 X 6 rims too. If I want sport mode, I have to grip the steering wheel tighter :P
I must say, that paint job really sparkles too 👍

Bump! for a fun thread... 90% of the roads in this thread are unfamiliar to me. I've been fortunate to drive quite a good distance of Pacific Coast Highway several years back when I lived in California. I'm supposed to do a drive along Tail of the Dragon the next time I visit my brother who lives in Tennessee. Unfortunately, Tail of the Dragon has gotten so popular and if you happen to show up on the wrong day or at the wrong time you'll most likely get stuck past some idiot in a minivan who wants to drive 30mph. I was completely unfamiliar with Transfagarasan until I started playing Assetto Corsa. It is by far my favorite public road track to drive in AC.

Bump! for a fun thread... 90% of the roads in this thread are unfamiliar to me. I've been fortunate to drive quite a good distance of Pacific Coast Highway several years back when I lived in California. I'm supposed to do a drive along Tail of the Dragon the next time I visit my brother who lives in Tennessee. Unfortunately, Tail of the Dragon has gotten so popular and if you happen to show up on the wrong day or at the wrong time you'll most likely get stuck past some idiot in a minivan who wants to drive 30mph. I was completely unfamiliar with Transfagarasan until I started playing Assetto Corsa. It is by far my favorite public road track to drive in AC.
I hear exactly what you say about the traffic levels on our fave stretches of tarmac.
Unfortunately, as traffic levels increase, the condition of the surface tends to suffer too :irked:

The good news is, if we were to get the opportunity in a game to drive these magnificent roads, we could have them all to ourselves or, as I suggest in the OP, make it as real as you like. What a dream :bowdown:

I hear exactly what you say about the traffic levels on our fave stretches of tarmac.
Unfortunately, as traffic levels increase, the condition of the surface tends to suffer too :irked:

The good news is, if we were to get the opportunity in a game to drive these magnificent roads, we could have them all to ourselves or, as I suggest in the OP, make it as real as you like. What a dream :bowdown:
I hear ya. I drive Transfagarasan at least 3 times a week. It is just so much fun, no matter what kind of car you choose. It's still not fully done...but it's close and it is really a fantastic run.

I hear ya. I drive Transfagarasan at least 3 times a week. It is just so much fun, no matter what kind of car you choose. It's still not fully done...but it's close and it is really a fantastic run.

Damn that was enjoyable to watch. Good job 👍

Now, if Colorado can leverage Pike's Peak for a hillclimb and generate an income from the annual event, why hasn't anyone told the Romanians what an opportunity they're missing out on?

Now, if Colorado can leverage Pike's Peak for a hillclimb and generate an income from the annual event, why hasn't anyone told the Romanians what an opportunity they're missing out on?
Thats cause its nearly a 80 year old racing event but its been paved to the top so its um not the same anymore. Its still a hell of a challenge to drive it fast though.
Audi tested there self drive there. I guess they figured if it could get up and down that "hill" safely it could drive a city street :lol:

Thats cause its nearly a 80 year old racing event but its been paved to the top so its um not the same anymore. Its still a hell of a challenge to drive it fast though.
Audi tested there self drive there. I guess they figured if it could get up and down that "hill" safely it could drive a city street :lol:
Oh I know about the history of PP - The Unser family owned the place for a while didn't they?
I also know it's been sealed from start to finish for 2 or 3 years & it'll never be the same again.
Used to be you had to take into account the few sealed sections but, prepare he car to do it's best work on the slippery stuff.

Anyway, just like the Peak started all those years ago, tradition has to start someday.

Eyre Highway in Australia, Highway 10 in Saudi Arabia, Pan-American Highway... idk
You think dead straight highways are among the best driver's roads in the world? :crazy: :boggled: I guess the ~30 minute driving limit will have to be tossed for your last submission...Although, it's not a road - it's a collection of roads. :rolleyes:

You think dead straight highways are among the best driver's roads in the world? :crazy: :boggled: I guess the ~30 minute driving limit will have to be tossed for your last submission...Although, it's not a road - it's a collection of roads. :rolleyes:

You are correct. Those are some of the longest straight roads in the world. If you drive a really fast car would it be interesting... maybe? What if it's a supersonic car in Bonneville Flats?

You are correct. Those are some of the longest straight roads in the world. If you drive a really fast car would it be interesting... maybe? What if it's a supersonic car in Bonneville Flats?
If you read the OP, you'll understand that's not what I'm looking for here.

Personally I think the best thing would be to drive supersonic Thrust SSC on the Bonneville Flats... But that's just me. I'm also hoping that in the near future I will take my Viper or Lamborghini and drive it on Eyre Highway because it has no speed limits and is very straight unlike the good ole "land of the free" America. But that's what I'm looking for in life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I think the best thing would be to drive supersonic Thrust SSC on the Bonneville Flats... But that's just me. I'm also hoping that in the near future I will take my Viper or Lamborghini and drive it on Eyre Highway because it has no speed limits and is very straight unlike the good ole "land of the free" America. But that's just me.
Viper and Lamborghini? Nice. Which model Lambo? Head over here and post some pics, other members will be very interested. :)

How about social and bank account with it? I definitely will post it if I don't get banned and/or harassed by ignorant, jealous little girls.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about social and bank account with it? I definitely will post it if I don't get banned and/or harassed by ignorant, jealous little girls.
No need to be aggressive, if you own those cars you should have no problems proving us ignorant, jealous little girls wrong. :D

Back