The best sound of the game to me...

Ikari_San
If the engine noises are such an absolute shame, please show us a game that has a better quality and quantity of engine samples. I also believe they improved the quality of the sounds with regard to sound direction & panning, volume, cutoff, doppler effect etc, which are especially noticable in the replays.

NFS Underground 2 has pretty damn good sounds, every exhaust and engine mod you do to it makes it sound different. just as good as GT4 i reckon. the downshifting time in nfsu2 is also very realistic

its also dissapointing to see repeated use of same engine tones in completely different cars in GT4. just one example;
SL600 and SL65 AMG
Most of the Lotus Elises
Lotus Espirit V8 GT
and the Pontiac GTO all sound the same, i mean we are talking about twin-turbo
V12's, high revving four cylinders and a turbocharged and NA V8 that sound the same which is major, but it is a great sound for all these cars

not related to the quote above:
im sick of people whinging about the music selection in GT4. for ***** sake get your own ****** stereo or cd player or whatever and play what you want dammitt. the game is not a music game, its a racing game, do real racing drivers listen to music in the car? so to all you whingers, please stop all this "oh the musics so crap it suks 👎 " **** and move on i personally really like some songs, hate others, im sure if Kazunori had the time to fly around to every GT4 gathering their fav music he would have but he was working hard on the driving part, which is why its such a damn great game

I don't know if it still works in GT4, haven't tried or looked for it hear yet. But the sound of my Toyota GT-One during a replay, passing the camera at over 1300MPH. It was the best sound for hurting your ears. Be careful, it might blow out your tweeters!! :D

I used to like blow off valves as heard in GT3. Every once and a while I'll hear one in GT4. They're pretty damn faint for some stupid reason.

I love Delta HF Integrale sounds, stock version :)

It's weird that Racing Exhausts made some of sounds disappear, like eatin' it away in some cars, I need to test them all with al exhausts, sometimes Sport exhausts made better sound than racing, even the racing exhaust in rl car made it sound very pure and so angry... Try out to take whole exhaust away in rl car and you know what I'm saying, Racing exhausts does not have mufflers, it's more like a straight pipe from the engine to the back :)

The Evo with a Race Exhaust hits a really raspy note around 3-4 thousand rpm, sounds cool. One car that sounds really cool to me is the Nissan Pace Car in the licenses...

People wonder why Some of the Racing Exhausts make American V8's sound like crap.

Well if you actually paid attention when installing the Muffler, and read the bottom, it tells you it comes with a Racing-(You ready for the big one?) SILENCER!

WOWWW No wonder it doesn't sound humongously awesome, because you just installed a muffler/silencer. Which in fact, muffles/silences the engine sound.

Unless you install a Racing Exhaust for the Mustang GT '05, and Dodge Ram, it's going to sound silent.

(By the way, PD made the Dodge Ram/Racing Exhaust sound exactly like they do in real life, pretty weird I think.)

People wonder why Some of the Racing Exhausts make American V8's sound like crap.

Well if you actually paid attention when installing the Muffler, and read the bottom, it tells you it comes with a Racing-(You ready for the big one?) SILENCER!

WOWWW No wonder it doesn't sound humongously awesome, because you just installed a muffler/silencer. Which in fact, muffles/silences the engine sound.

Unless you install a Racing Exhaust for the Mustang GT '05, and Dodge Ram, it's going to sound silent.

(By the way, PD made the Dodge Ram/Racing Exhaust sound exactly like they do in real life, pretty weird I think.)

And also, The transmissions are what cause the whiny/whirry sounds...

Maven
One thing I've found is that the big American V8's from the muscle cars generally sound better if you remove the Exhaust Upgrades. Don't ask me why...

If you read,the exhaust upgrades are meant to quiet down the emissions,which sucks balls.

xXSilencerXx
PD is just pathetic when it comes to making the American V8s sound real. A V8 never has a high pitch whine ever!

American V8's rarely have high pitched whines, but some V8's from Europe certainly do (BMW M3 GTR)

the M3 GTR Race Car sounds exactly like how it should, I saw a video of some guy in the GTR on Nurburgring and it has the whiny sound..

For the 100th time, the whiny sound is the Transmission. I rarely install transmissions on cars because of the annoying sound.

I loved the sound of the Chapparal 2D, simply awesome, and even nicer when you start the thing from third (and top) gear. But i hope its not the only nice sounding vehicle in this game!
Maybe this is funny, but i found for a decent exhaust sound, a Fiat Panda 1000, sounded pretty good (when tuned to approximatly 147bhp), as an exhaust sound. But, overall, i prefer the TVR V8 over anything else for sheer engine noise, its a deep sounding and muscular engine!

from my personal opinion, the cars which has the best sound is the

S2000 with racing exhaust,
Acura Integra Type R (2001) with Sport exhaust,
Spoon Integra with racing exhaust.

sumbodycool
Haha, I do that sometimes too. The sound I love most is the wind resistance when you're going 220+ mph. It gives you an awesome sense of speed. Whether or not it is realistic, I have no idea, but I'm assuming it is

An awesome sense of speed and a earache sometimes. It can really get anoying.

By the way, I checked out the Callaway C12, that sounds more like a V8 to me, I forget what engine it has though, pretty mean sounding car stock.

Go buy it!

(Fun car to drift with too)

The Callaway is pretty much a rebuilt C5... they might have even put it in the Tuner section. :) *shrugs* Don't know if they swapped or enlarged the engine.

sumbodycool
Haha, I do that sometimes too. The sound I love most is the wind resistance when you're going 220+ mph. It gives you an awesome sense of speed. Whether or not it is realistic, I have no idea, but I'm assuming it is

Say it again. Isn't that the coolest sound ? I'm pretty sure it's real too.

The F1 on leaving the pit lane sounds great but as soon as you get control its back to its awful buzzing sound.

Other than that the Imprezza's sound good to me as well as the Mazda 787B

:drool: What's really ironic is that the Auto Union is probably the most realistic sounding car in the game. The supercharger whine, the "booming" of the 6 litre V16, the growl from the short exhaust. Sounds just like the real car I've heard from documentation footage and Goodwood Festival movies. 👍

ok the soundtrack makes me vomit and the Engine notes just suck all together. i mean when did a small block chevy in a camaro with racing exaust sound like a honda???????/

Ikari_San
If the engine noises are such an absolute shame, please show us a game that has a better quality and quantity of engine samples. I also believe they improved the quality of the sounds with regard to sound direction & panning, volume, cutoff, doppler effect etc, which are especially noticable in the replays.

The music is also a huge improvement over GT3. I picked roughly 50 out of the 90 odd music tracks to listen to during replays (PAL version). Some of them were pretty good, eg. Van Halen, Jet, Queens of the Stone Age, Spiderbait, Joe Satriani, Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, Daiki Kasho, Ulrich Schnauss and all the classical tracks.

how about the game forza. well thats real sounds as good as its gets.

Moloch_horridus
Wedssports Celica - great sound, just been listening to it for 2 hours, could easily do so for another 2
100% true, and it's a nice car to drive too! And some people say there are no blow-off valve sounds in GT4...

i like the roar of the Supra RZ when your looking back while on the view where you can see the cars hood. the SVT is pretty crazy. but my recent favorite, is the sound a stock, late 80's Skyline (the AWD ones) makes when your in the veiw were you can see the hood, i dont know what it is, could be the intake sucking in air??? i dont know, but its pretty sweet 👍

Back