The best sound of the game to me...

jtc+racer
how about the game forza. well thats real sounds as good as its gets.

GT4 and Forza's sounds suck compared to Enthusia's sound detail. The turbo noise, turbo blow-off valve, supercharger noise, racing-transmission whine, differential whine, performance-brake squeal, and valvetrain noise...incredible. :) 👍

Rotaries are especially impressive; they even included the 13B and RENESIS' shift indicator, and accurately represented the 26B's rough idle! ("blub-blub-blub-blub-blub-blub-blub-blub..." :D )

GT4's V8s sometimes sound like Hondas... :lol:

Fully modded Viper SRT-10 has a growl that kicks my ass and makes me happy
:drool: :sly:

Maven
One thing I've found is that the big American V8's from the muscle cars generally sound better if you remove the Exhaust Upgrades. Don't ask me why...
Could be, the semi and racing upgrades for exhaust tend to work better with turbo/ high compression engines.

I had this similar thing with my cuda, but it was with NA tuning, not exhaust. When i na-tuned the car she sounded really gay. Almost like a little scooter. I then S/C her and she suddenly had a massive grunt/ whining/ awesome muscle sounding sound.

Ever tried a fully tuned Original turboed Miata ´89 on a compact course?
When you go into a corner, brake, downshift and push the gas it goes "FOOSH... VROOAAM.."
I love it. :drool:

Shelby Mustang GT350R 👍 ...sounds great, looks great, handles great. I just wish it was available in more colors...but maybe the one is authentic. Is that white or silver? Wouldn't it look great in black & gold like the Hertz rental car?

Meeennn I just got the Spirra from the "Making a Ferrari" thread, and that car sounds sooo sweeet. :sly:

Ciao...

My fully tuned TVR Cerbera speed 12 sounds soooooooo awesome when it idles. Like a drag car, i think its the only car where you can hear the pistons thumping under the hood!!! Kick ass!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Karmann Ghia tuned up whatever % to 48hp. I try to see how much I can get it to match my '79 Beetle, which has, you guessed it, 48hp.

But the best part, is that I'm listening through a Fisher tube amp, and some reasonably sized (approx 18" x 18" x 36") speakers from about the same era. I'm guessing '60 something.

But overall. It sounds AMAZING. Unlike everything thats been digitized & such, this feels like totally true, unprocessed sound that you can only get through analog.

I'm just trying to figure out how it will sound with my Arcam AVR200 amp and B&W DM220 speakers. Probably nothing short of amazing.

goixoye
Shelby Mustang GT350R 👍 ...sounds great, looks great, handles great. I just wish it was available in more colors...but maybe the one is authentic. Is that white or silver? Wouldn't it look great in black & gold like the Hertz rental car?

yeh u mean the rent a racer? man those things rule

anyway more to the point there is a new sometime in the next year keep your eyes peeled they look awesome

Foamy302
ok the soundtrack makes me vomit and the Engine notes just suck all together. i mean when did a small block chevy in a camaro with racing exaust sound like a honda???????/

:lol: agreed
how about a monaro or vy ss, they sound like a lawn mower with a semi race or race exhaust. ive got sports exhausts on both of mine and they only sound slightly better. ive heard a vt ss ls1 with a remus race exhaust and believe me it sounds nothing like a lawn mower, jesus
best ls1 sound ever (comicbook guy)

I like the original VW beetle. It's like "lawnmower meets harley" and goes as "dup dub dup dub".

A sound wich i was expecting from the american musclecar era, but they can get all the way up to 6000 rpm and sound different one would expect, weird.

The best sounding muscle in my opinion is the old Camaro Z/28 ( a BIG difference with the Camaro SS )

And in the japanese division either the BP Falken RX-7 or the Amuse Carbon R34. They produce a similar kind of sound that i like. I think it's nicer then your average high pitch honda sound.

PS: my cars are all bone stock.

"Off Topic*

Can someone give me a link to a used car appearing list. I've tried searching but i'm just awful in it.

powripper
I only have 6, but I more than make up for it with 2, 12'' 200 watt subwoofers :D

15" 400 watts:tup: my favourite sound is in the starting movie, when they all leave pit lane and the Ford GT blows past the screen, it sounds insane when its turned up loud!!!!!!!!!

Foamy302
ok the soundtrack makes me vomit and the Engine notes just suck all together. i mean when did a small block chevy in a camaro with racing exaust sound like a honda???????/

Agreed, here I was all revved up to take a Dodge Charger round the ring to the roar of a 440 CUBIC INCH V8, and all i get is a 4 cylinder Vtec:grumpy: thats my biggest disappointment in the game, although they managed alright with the Cobra's. Makes u wonder y they gave the Cobra a deep note and not the others??? suggestions anyone?

Supercar_Killer
Agreed, here I was all revved up to take a Dodge Charger round the ring to the roar of a 440 CUBIC INCH V8, and all i get is a 4 cylinder Vtec:grumpy: thats my biggest disappointment in the game, although they managed alright with the Cobra's. Makes u wonder y they gave the Cobra a deep note and not the others??? suggestions anyone?

there lazy

Mr.OzzyGT
Meeennn I just got the Spirra from the "Making a Ferrari" thread, and that car sounds sooo sweeet. :sly:

Ciao...

I agree, sounds like a proper V8. 👍

Hey guys about teh music, they did a prety damn good job, they covered most geners, with out just looking at the top ten chart, yeah the 13 didfferent oprea music tracks, blahk, but hey grandma can drift in GT4 if she wants right?, and if you took the time to add some of the unadded tracks theres a few amazing techno industrial mixs, plenty of higher beat songs, and ontop of some american toppers, less than jake, papa rouch, Van Helan, etc. Diaki Hasio ( i miss spelled her name) she's getting some support form them obviously, but hey its different but her music is quite catchy, ill admit the music setup doesn't get the adrenaline pumping, but it does settle in nicly, PD always amazes with breathtaking strides with each release, but we always get tot eh point were are exictment weres off and we complain abotu every detail, hey its wine, it'll get better with each installment, but anywho i think sony should take the Xbox appraoch with uploading your own soungs to teh gameplay, and let PD focus mostly on getting the engines right, cuz they couldn't have gotten all that data on there ontop of having a huge jukebox to boot lol

Yeah, I can agree with the Shelby Cobra and Spyker C8. I also like the sounds of the Dodge Charger 440 R/T, Plymouth Superbird, Acura DN-X concept, NSX Type R concept, and the Shelby Mustang GT350R is simply awesome.👍

But I have an idea...hows about the worst sounding car? I think that would go to the Lexus SC430. Sure it's a beautiful car (with the top down anyways), but it's so quiet...though it does "sound" bad because of that little chirping sound it emits.

Back