The Biden Impeachment Thread

So the Senate on it's own cannot force Biden out of office, correct?
Correct. The House would also have to vote on it. It's probably more likely the House votes to allow it than the Senate (with both being extremely unlikely).
Only the Senate can vote to remove but it can't do it all on its own. However the process starts, it must go through the House first and then through to the Senate.

Impeachment wouldn't be terribly surprising as the House split is presently 220/212 with 3 vacancies. Though Democrats have a slim majority, I get the sense that the progressive wing isn't super thrilled with Biden...sort of the way it wasn't with Clinton, actually. Conviction is highly unlikely with an evenly split Senate (Harris voting to break a tie) and two-thirds majority required. No president has been convicted on articles of impeachment, though three have been impeached a total of four times.

Last edited:
I figured it would be a Democrat but I didn't want to make a declaration without facts.
Well, it's the Veep, whoever that is at the time. 25A says if the President can't president any more (dead/comatose, resigns, removed), the VP becomes President - or rather Acting President until such a time as the President can president again. If they're dead that can't happen, so the VP becomes the big P; 25A has been used for Presidents undergoing surgery under general anaesthetic.

If both are out of the picture, the Speaker of the House comes in. If they're out too, there's a big ol' list of people in a successional line - and in fact that's the introductory plot to the eventually tedious Kiefer Sutherland show "Designated Survivor", where one random chosen person in the line of succession is sequestered away from any event where all others are in attendance in case of an attack which incapacitates or kills them all. Sutherland's character is the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, which is 13th on the list.

It kinda explains why the loonies are petitioning MTG to arrest Kamala and Nancy as well. They must have read or heard about the first part of the amendment.

Last edited:
Only the Senate can vote to remove but it can't do it all on its own. However the process starts, it must go through the House first and then through to the Senate.

Impeachment wouldn't be terribly surprising as the House split is presently 220/212 with 3 vacancies. Though Democrats have a slim majority, I get the sense that the progressive wing isn't super thrilled with Biden...sort of the way it wasn't with Clinton, actually. Conviction is highly unlikely with an evenly split Senate (Harris voting to break a tie) and two-thirds majority required. No president has been convicted on articles of impeachment, though three have been impeached a total of four times.
I find it highly unlikely that progressives in the house would vote to impeach Biden, especially over Afghanistan.

It kinda explains why the loonies are petitioning MTG to arrest Kamala and Nancy as well. They must have read or heard about the first part of the amendment.
I haven't heard of that desire (but I fully believe it), but it doesn't sound far off the fantasy that they want to put Trump in as Speaker of the House and then naturally, impeach Biden & Harris.

It doesn't take a TV series writer to figure out that plot line, either. Trump returns to President as next-in-line, then immediately says out loud, "Has it ever been possible for a President to stay indefinitely".

Last edited:
I find it highly unlikely that progressives in the house would vote to impeach Biden, especially over Afghanistan.
Yeah, no, I'm pretty sure I didn't mean to say that progressive Democrats would vote to impeach, especially over Afghanistan, as you say. I'm not actually entirely sure why I put that in there. I don't imagine progressives would be particularly happy having Harris as president.

I just don't think impeachment failing is assured. It's obviously performative coming from Greene--albeit not nearly as performative as the attempt a day into the current administration--but I think there may be a handful of Democrats who could be compelled to vote that way, and I don't think
Joseph Kevin McCarthy's "Pelosi Republicans" are highly motivated to spare Biden. I certainly can't conceive of a situation in which he would actually be convicted subsequent to impeachment over articles stemming from the handling of Afghanistan.

Loonie Marge is going after the whole Biden administration so to compare this to what the Democrats did is somewhat dishonest, I feel.

My guess is that Greene's angling to be rewarded for loyalty to the orange oligarch with a high ranking position should he or one of his cronies gain power whether as a result of these actions or in 2024 or beyond.
I used Wayback Machine to archive the text of the article before it disappears behind a paywall for the rest of the month.
Newsweek
Georgia Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene is calling for Kamala Harris' impeachment, citing the vice president's decision not to travel to Afghanistan as the U.S. continues to evacuate its citizens from the Taliban-controlled capital.

On Monday, after making an appearance at a House Republican press conference regarding infrastructure, Greene appeared on Real America's Voice's The Water Cooler with host David Brody where she rallied for Harris' impeachment.

"For her to not speak out about this, for her not to fly over to Afghanistan to the Kabul airport is disgraceful, and unforgivable," said Greene. "She should be impeached as well. All of them are complicit in this. And they knew. They knew."

Greene has been pursuing articles of impeachment on the entire Biden administration since President Joe Biden took office in January.

During an August 16 appearance on War Room Pandemic with host Steve Bannon, Greene revealed that her team is currently drafting articles of impeachment against Biden.

"I have my team right now working on articles of impeachment," Greene said. "Because I'm so disgusted with Joe Biden. You know I've already filed one set of articles of impeachment. But his failure as a president is unspeakable."

During the interview, Greene heaped praise onto former President Donald Trump, saying, "Trump right now is more presidential and he's not even in the White House than Joe Biden can ever be or stand up to in the past seven months."

Greene also made reference to the Taliban while speaking out in support of Americans bearing arms—specifically, owning assault-style rifles.

"I wouldn't be surprised at all if [the Biden administration] are paying the Taliban," Greene said. "After all, they are paying them with weapons, vehicles, Blackhawk helicopters because the Afghan army is handing them over as fast as possible."

"Anytime any Democrat ever speaks to America about gun control again, and they want to talk to you about your AR-15, you tell them right now how many weapons and how many semi-automatic weapons did you hand over to terrorists in Afghanistan, to the Taliban, ISIS and possible Al-Qaeda before you ever talk to Americans about gun control," Greene added.

While attending an event in Iowa on August 19, Greene told Florida Representative Matt Gaetz that she was going to submit the articles of impeachment the following day.

On August 15, Taliban soldiers stormed Kabul on Sunday after seizing most of Afghanistan following the withdrawal of U.S. troops. Taliban claimed that "the war is over" after Afghan President Ashraf Ghani fled the country Sunday morning.

Newsweek reached out to the White House for comment but did not hear back in time for publication.

Last edited:
Biden's approval numbers are definitely dropping. https://www.reuters.com/world/us/bi...-this-year-after-taliban-takeover-2021-08-17/
But in no way do I ever envision impeachment for Joe. He is an establishment figure generally doing the right things according to his broad team of advisers which include both wings of his party. IMHO, he will be a one-term president. It is possible that, should he become unable to discharge the duties of his office, he would be replaced by his VP under the provisions of the 25th Amendment to the Constitution.

The impeach Biden talk over Afghanistan is just to try to legitimize and appease Trump. Nothing Biden has overseen in Afghanistan is remotely impeachable, it's laughable from a legal and constitutional standpoint. He's carrying out the duties of office - whether you agree with how he's doing it or not, all of it is within his authority and duty. It's purely to try to make impeachment talks the norm - making Trump look not so bad.

It undermines the US government in the process.

The impeach Biden talk over Afghanistan is just to try to legitimize and appease Trump. Nothing Biden has overseen in Afghanistan is remotely impeachable, it's laughable from a legal and constitutional standpoint. He's carrying out the duties of office - whether you agree with how he's doing it or not, all of it is within his authority and duty. It's purely to try to make impeachment talks the norm - making Trump look not so bad.

It undermines the US government in the process.
That's the goal of some current politicians. Completely undermine the government/country they claim to represent because they have no idea how to do anything productive. This is not limited to one side but there are more obvious examples from the side not currently in the majority.

Loonie Marge is going after the whole Biden administration so to compare this to what the Democrats did is somewhat dishonest, I feel.

My guess is that Greene's angling to be rewarded for loyalty to the orange oligarch with a high ranking position should he or one of his cronies gain power whether as a result of these actions or in 2024 or beyond.
I used Wayback Machine to archive the text of the article before it disappears behind a paywall for the rest of the month.
Only this waste of space and oxygen could find a way to tie in 2A by basically arguing, "They wanna take your guns and give them to the terrorists".

Speaking of which, I had heard some stories that the Afghanistan govt. was not involved with the US/Taliban negotiations at the request of the Taliban. And Trump's administration still agreed to meet with that in place. If that's true, it becomes a little bit easier to understand the Afghanistan military throwing down its arms & leaving if they had no-say in their country's future in between the US agreeing to let Taliban prisoners go free & the Taliban basically saying, "We will take the country back, we don't care what Afghanistan's leaders want to negotiate". Of course, Ashraf Ghani is still a humongous scumbag for running off with nearly $170M to the UAE.

imeach-biden.png

Lauren may have other things to worry about.
Freshman Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado may face further legal action from the Federal Election Commission after she used campaign funds for a series of rent and utility payments totalling $6,250.

The FEC filings for Boebert's campaign detail a series of Venmo payments at the beginning of May and June of this year made to Jon Pacheco, whose address is listed as 120 E 3rd St, Rifle, CO — the same property in the western Colorado town where Boebert's "Shooter's Grill" restaurant is located.

A campaign spokesman confirmed to Forbes on Wednesday that the payments were in fact "personal expenses."

If the repubs take back the house in 2022, I expect this thread to heat up substantially.
Which sadly is going to be the norm going forward. It doesn't matter if Trump was in the wrong or not (since it's in the past at this point), it sets precedence for a hyper-partisan government to waste time and just go and file impeachment proceedings against the current president under the guise of "they attacked OUR PRESIDENT, so we will attack theirs!" Unless there is some sort of common ground found between politicians, this will just look uglier and more embarrassing.

Just imagine if Congress was more worried about say...running the country for example, instead of trying to impeach someone over nothing. This is why I have such little faith in the government as a whole. I mean this is exactly how I see Congress:

fe3d8d72db717d9e0dc474e5968cd961.png

Just imagine if Congress was more worried about say...running the country for example, instead of trying to impeach someone over nothing. This is why I have such little faith in the government as a whole. I mean this is exactly how I see Congress:

View attachment 1093155
My dad (who's a US Navy vet) tells me that it's really the local elections (e.g. state senate) that impact you the most. That's why I try to vote in more than just the presidential elections and midterms. (You could also argue that I should vote as much as I can because my dad fought for that right, but we'd both disagree, since it's not like he fought in WWII.)

Last edited:
A good summary of Congress:

"My responsibility is not to the gridlock and politics of Washington. It is to the citizens of New Hampshire," he said. "I'd rather push myself 120 miles an hour delivering wins for New Hampshire than just slow down and end up on Capitol Hill debating partisan politics without results. That's why I'm going to run for a fourth term."

Last edited:

Republicans argued that the Trump impeachments were partisan and nothing more. They were clearly and demonstrably wrong, of course. Instead, they have authorized an impeachment inquiry into Biden for admittedly partisan reasons, to influence an election, with zero evidence and no identified crime - exactly what they complained incorrectly about democrats doing, but now they're doing it openly.

This is a deep cut to the US political structure. The establishment that you investigate your political foes for crimes, based on nothing but politics, is authoritarian - and it is republican. It is not, however, American. And this was not in any way sanctioned or enabled by the Trump impeachments.

Last edited:
It's absolutely hilarious to me that the right trash actually made a little logo for it.

biden-impeachment-1-ap-bb-231207_1701960690632_hpMain.jpg

Naked partisanship. Pure performativity.

Last edited:
If it wasn't for double standards, Republicans wouldn't have any standards at all.

The Trump impeachments seemingly did nothing to harm the Trump administration, why do the Republicans think impeaching Biden will make any real difference?

Back