• Honda Integra

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Renault Clio

Votes: 28 19.0%
  • Nissan R35 GTR

Votes: 36 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I drive the Evo IX and X and I drive very clean. I get beat by everything on the straights but make it up in the corners, specifically HSR and Fuji.

Its kind of stupid to think that using 4wd is noob or hack. It serves a purpose and it would be stupid not to use it. Sure, alot of racers out there punt and ram and use you as a car rail, but a good racer will overcome that and win anyways.

Not much you can do about it, so just enjoy playing. :crazy:

Well 17 out of the last 20 times I've been punted it's been by a 4WD Subaru STi/WRX

Anyone else notice a spike in nastiness from the Subaru cars?

RumCake
Sure, alot of racers out there punt and ram and use you as a car rail, but a good racer will overcome that and win anyways.

That's only true maybe 10% of the time depending on the situation

I voted for the Evo's with the GTR a close second, only because I see so many of them driven badly. Whether the people driving them are hacks or noobs...who can say?

I don't care if you find them fun to drive, or you love them, the fact is this, when I'll be making a pass on you, step out of the way, because you have no chance when in a EVO X against a properly driven GT Test.

Exactly! Move over and let the next class up go by clean. Drive whatever you want but race a car of equal pace.

When I drive online, if I see a clearly faster car, I move over regardless of what car it is, if it's faster than me I move over. That doesn't necessarily come down to my car, I simply haven't had any decent game time with the game recently.
And I agree lots of those drivers are punters, but not 99% of them, I've raced plenty of fast Evo and GTR drivers in the past.

Any 4WD in S compound races.
Why? Try spinning out with a EVO X, good luck.

I can spin the EVO X easily on almost every corner on Suzuka 600pp. It's just a question of bad setup and agresive driving:)

This has just turned into a 4WD bashing thread, rather than blame the idiots who drive like dicks, you blame the car for running you off the road.

This has just turned into a 4WD bashing thread, rather than blame the idiots who drive like dicks, you blame the car for running you off the road.

No-one here blames the car, thats been stated god knows how many times, theyre point is that many, MANY of the out right punters, choose them for their stability and ease of use. We all know a good or bad car, makes no difference in this topic, its the driver at the end of the day. Trends are just being noted here, and discussed with the vehicles they use.

I would like to add my 2 cents to this. When i first started racing GT5: P online, my only car that i raced was the Evo IX on PP600 Suzuka. I, from my professional opinion is a tricky car. Once you've made your own setup (which is very very essential for this car) its very hard to take round the track.

Now i switched to the R35 GTR and i really like that car aswell. - I do have a Viper SRT10 as well for the PP600 races which is a oversteering bastard.

I wouldnt talk down the AWD cars since they are very good and great race cars!

Chris

quick note to the end: Just because some drivers out there turn on TC to 10 and ASM and then bump and crash into us clean drivers, doesnt mean that the AWD cars are there for fonsis! -Thanks

I would like to add my 2 cents to this. When i first started racing GT5: P online, my only car that i raced was the Evo IX on PP600 Suzuka. I, from my professional opinion is a tricky car. Once you've made your own setup (which is very very essential for this car) its very hard to take round the track.

Now i switched to the R35 GTR and i really like that car aswell. - I do have a Viper SRT10 as well for the PP600 races which is a oversteering bastard.

I wouldnt talk down the AWD cars since they are very good and great race cars!

Chris

The 4wd's are excellent in 600pp - no arguments from me there but I think that's the main problem - the tards have worked this out too. They also realise that in a straight ramming contest between a 4wd and a rwd the 4wd will come out in one piece, before the rwd 9 times out of 10.

This thread is not a slur on 4wd's or the drivers that use them properly. Bottom line is that if you race a rwd in 600pp you are at a disadvantage if there are 4wd rammers out there.

750pp it's a different story, since the 4wd's can't keep the pace there. Of course maybe they can and I've just never seen one.

I don't care if you find them fun to drive, or you love them, the fact is this, when I'll be making a pass on you, step out of the way, because you have no chance when in a EVO X against a properly driven GT Test.

I regard myself as a clean racer but if a car is coming up behind me I do not see why I should 'get out the way' when you are racing for position. Even in F1 you do not have to do that, it is a race after all. If I get a driver coming up behind me I will hold my line but I will not block him if he overtakes. If what you propose is just to get out the way then there is little point having a race is there? Just decide the result on the car specs?

I'll generally only get out of the way if I make a mistake which leaves me going much slower than I should be at the point of the track. On corner entrance or exit, I'll set my line clearly, and force the overtaking car to deal with it. Once the overtaking car makes their move, I'll let the car and player performance determine the outcome.

I won't move to block, and certainly won't weave to break the draft, but will usually hold my line (sometimes by hugging the inside of a slow corner), even if the car behind has a bit of a speed advantage.

IMO, this makes for the best clean racing.

I regard myself as a clean racer but if a car is coming up behind me I do not see why I should 'get out the way' when you are racing for position. Even in F1 you do not have to do that, it is a race after all. If I get a driver coming up behind me I will hold my line but I will not block him if he overtakes. If what you propose is just to get out the way then there is little point having a race is there? Just decide the result on the car specs?

Listen, using a EVO X in 750PP is like a GT2 car holding up an LMP in LeMans racing.

An EVO X is 2 secs off pace, equal drivers, on Suzuka. Get over it, it's no competition.
This is even worse when a noob/hack is driving the car.

I can spin the EVO X easily on almost every corner on Suzuka 600pp. It's just a question of aggressive setup and bad driving:)

That's better.

Listen, using a EVO X in 750PP is like a GT2 car holding up an LMP in LeMans racing.

An EVO X is 2 secs off pace, equal drivers, on Suzuka. Get over it, it's no competition.

That's better.

Try nearer 5. I just beat one, driving clean laps in second place, in the GTlm, by over 23secs.

And I totally arsed degner, 2nd lap round.

The 4wd's are excellent in 600pp - no arguments from me there but I think that's the main problem - the tards have worked this out too. They also realise that in a straight ramming contest between a 4wd and a rwd the 4wd will come out in one piece, before the rwd 9 times out of 10.

This thread is not a slur on 4wd's or the drivers that use them properly. Bottom line is that if you race a rwd in 600pp you are at a disadvantage if there are 4wd rammers out there.

750pp it's a different story, since the 4wd's can't keep the pace there. Of course maybe they can and I've just never seen one.

and that is exactly why we are looking forward to getting our privat rooms, where racers can take 'round their AWD's and RWD drivers don't need to worry bout being bumped off the track :) anyways, i'm off to PP600 Suzuka in my GTR. See you there

Chris

I'll generally only get out of the way if I make a mistake which leaves me going much slower than I should be at the point of the track. On corner entrance or exit, I'll set my line clearly, and force the overtaking car to deal with it. Once the overtaking car makes their move, I'll let the car and player performance determine the outcome.

I won't move to block, and certainly won't weave to break the draft, but will usually hold my line (sometimes by hugging the inside of a slow corner), even if the car behind has a bit of a speed advantage.

IMO, this makes for the best clean racing.

EXACTLY well said

b

Cudadude can attest to my theory after a few races.

Going on the outside of an EVO X, he's got no speed, what does he do? Start swerving, can't beat me? Then take me out.

That's better.

Ferraris and McLarens and BMW Saubers are faster than Force India's by over 1.5 - 2s per lap depending on the track. I wouldn't expect Fisichella or Sutil to move over for any of these guys if they were racing for position.

Well at the moment in the EU it seems there's a huge resurgence of Ford GT LMs in 750PP... and you can pretty much guarantee they will be driven by arseholes quite happy to punt you off whenever they get the chance.

I realise the Ford GT LM is a tricky car to master, and it does go stupidly fast on the straights, but the number of idiots driving them seems to be at an all-time high. I'm starting to think that if you see half the field in them at the starting grid you should just quit that race and find a better one to avoid the utter carnage those things guarantee. :(

Well at the moment in the EU it seems there's a huge resurgence of Ford GT LMs in 750PP... and you can pretty much guarantee they will be driven by arseholes quite happy to punt you off whenever they get the chance.

I realise the Ford GT LM is a tricky car to master, and it does go stupidly fast on the straights, but the number of idiots driving them seems to be at an all-time high. I'm starting to think that if you see half the field in them at the starting grid you should just quit that race and find a better one to avoid the utter carnage those things guarantee. :(

That's my wagon of choice you're dissing there pardner :sly:

I agree tho - most of the time if the grid is full of them it looks like some kind of synchronised donut team.

There are a couple of us who can actually use these monsters tho - if you see my nick, stick around, it might get interesting. :D

Ferraris and McLarens and BMW Saubers are faster than Force India's by over 1.5 - 2s per lap depending on the track. I wouldn't expect Fisichella or Sutil to move over for any of these guys if they were racing for position.

Are you that stupid or simply cannot be bothered to read?

I said "while making a pass".

BTW, nice speculations you're making there, these guys are always and will always be at the back. A rule out of an exception, again.

Because there are rules and flags in F1, I suspect they would move over if the leaders were coming up on them.

Just let it go, mate ;) Some of the members here are like women. They just have to complain, even when they're totally wrong. Don't try to enlighten them with the truth, it will only make things worse since they'll never give in...

Just let it go, mate ;) Some of the members here are like women. They just have to complain, even when they're totally wrong. Don't try to enlighten them with the truth, it will only make things worse since they'll never give in...

You really sound like Rael.

"Truth" "Enlighten" "Women"

I guess you cloned yourself too?

Are you that stupid or simply cannot be bothered to read?

I said "while making a pass".

BTW, nice speculations you're making there, these guys are always and will always be at the back. A rule out of an exception, again.

Nowhere do I see the word "pass" in the post i was quoting from.
Also, I believe Sutil from Force India was running 4th at Monaco before Raikonnen lost control and hit him? I beliee Sutil could've maintained that place to the end as well had it not been for Raikonnen.

When I drive online, if I see a clearly faster car, I move over regardless of what car it is, if it's faster than me I move over. That doesn't necessarily come down to my car, I simply haven't had any decent game time with the game recently.
And I agree lots of those drivers are punters, but not 99% of them, I've raced plenty of fast Evo and GTR drivers in the past.

See your answer. That was a proper answer. It just happens that most of the times th 4WD are slower, and won't move over like you would if we, faster FR MR cars, try to make a pass, they'll weave and sweep and take us out.

There's a difference between weaving, blocking, etc., and holding your line until the passing car is in a position that the car in front has to let go to avoid an accident.
Where's the rule that says "RWD have precedence over AWD cars"?

It's all down to the people driving, not the cars.

Which brings us back to the original point of the thread. Which car do noobs tend to drive? 4WD.

You're simply agreeing to what we've been saying all along.

Back