• Honda Integra

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Renault Clio

Votes: 28 19.0%
  • Nissan R35 GTR

Votes: 36 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yea it is stereotypical I guess, but I automatically assume anybody in a GTR or EvoX will run me off the road. To a lesser extent the mine's skyline too.

Last night I witnessed a GTP guy run an s2k off the road, on a straight. I wasn't sure if he was getting revenge or not, but it sort of surprised me.

I love to 0wn 4WD n00bs with my undertuned NSX-R LOL

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00139-1.jpg

But I usually don't go online... It is a stressful experience most of the time.

Which brings us back to the original point of the thread. Which car do noobs tend to drive? 4WD.

You're simply agreeing to what we've been saying all along.

Which, apparently in your mind, gives you carte blanche to take them out, even when they are holding their line and not blocking you.

Which, apparently in your mind, gives you carte blanche to take them out, even when they are holding their line and not blocking you.

I don't see any evidence in any of Div is back's posts in this thread to suggest that he's advocating punting 4WD drivers who won't get out of his way. He's expressed frustration that the 4WD drivers tend to be newer, less skilled drivers and hence employ all the bad blocking & punting tactics to win races which ruins the enjoyment for real racers.

Perhaps you'd care to point out to the rest of us where Div is back suggested that he'd "take out" any 4WD car that was in his way?

Be careful about throwing out personally directed attacks here, 👎 they're seldom tolerated unless you have a good deal of evidence and usually incite flame-wars that'll result in warnings or infractions being issued to those involved.

Perhaps you'd care to point out to the rest of us where Div is back suggested that he'd "take out" any 4WD car that was in his way?

I was the one he took out. And it was completely uncalled for.

EDIT:

And let me expand on that - I always look forward to racing with players carrying the "GTP_" tag. Even though their skill level varies widely, they are always considerate and cautious. And I treat them with the same respect they treat me.

Div, however, does not fit that description.

This was in a race with GTP_twistybits and GTP_angelx in 600PP Suzuka.

Coming up to Eger, braked checked, swerving all over the track for no reason, no where to go.

You are EXACTLY the type of driver I described, except you were not a hack, simply a noob which couldnt handle the car, was all over the track, and while trying to make a pass, brakes WAY early, no way for me to go anywhere with S tires, and you get into the litter. Quite coincidently you were driving an EVO X tuned.

If you want to proove me wrong, get into the chat and we'll schedule another race.

No swerving at all - we were past the apex, and you'd taken the inside line. I gave it up since you were clearly faster. I was on the throttle and drifting wide to give you room.

On the exit, you jinked left hard and put me in the marbles. Thanks for that.

Going forward, I'll continue to look forward to racing with people with the "GTP_" tag in their name. With one exception of course.

Driving a 4WD doesnt make you a noob i drive them because i prefer the handling of a 4WD car than the speed of a RWD car.

I know there are some real racers that like 4WD because they love 4WD handling, but you can't deny that 99.9999% of online players pick 4WD cars because they are easy to predict and "easy" to drive. In other words: n00bs.

Easy under "" because I, myself, don't know how to drive them properly, I just don't understand and don't like the way they understeer, I hate understeering. Also I feel sluggish when driving them.

Well I've been on IRC for an hour now (as have you) and in all that time you've had nothing to say. So I'll assume we're leaving it as it is in this thread. If you have anything else to say you can post it here or send me a pm.

I do understand that when you're gridded at the back of the pack you have a desire to catch up to your friends as quickly as possible. However, that doesn't mean you should indiscriminately take out drivers in front of you. JMHO.

I don't see any evidence in any of Div is back's posts in this this thread to suggest that he's advocating punting 4WD drivers who won't get out of his way. He's expressed frustration that the 4WD drivers tend to be newer, less skilled drivers and hence employ all the bad blocking & punting tactics to win races which ruins the enjoyment for real racers.

Be careful about throwing out personally directed attacks here, 👎 they're seldom tolerated unless you have a good deal of evidence and usually incite flame-wars that'll result in warnings or infractions being issued to those involved.

May I ask why you're defending Div is back here and questioning kikken327's statement? I've constructed this post because this feels like injustice to me.

I think more questionable statements are made in this thread already, like this one:

99% of online 4WD drivers are either noobs, or hackers. There you have it, now proove me wrong and I'll shut up.

This is nowhere near reality. In fact it's more like 10%, probably even less, especially in pro mode. Reputable drivers like Mr P, Sphinx, Sjaak68 and Rudi Raser all favour to race with a 4WD at the moment, and there are more.. Where is the intervention from a moderator here?

On top of that, it's Div who makes the clearest personal attack in this thread, and again no intervention:

Are you that stupid or simply cannot be bothered to read?

Even I gave some criticism in this thread that to be fair is also a bit over the line...

Hugo Boss
Just let it go, mate Some of the members here are like women. They just have to complain, even when they're totally wrong. Don't try to enlighten them with the truth, it will only make things worse since they'll never give in...

I don't care if you find them fun to drive, or you love them, the fact is this, when I'll be making a pass on you, step out of the way, because you have no chance when in a EVO X against a properly driven GT Test.

I can imagine after (having the feeling) being driven off track by Div and reading the text quoted directly above, that kikken327 gets the idea that Div really thinks he's allowed to punt 4wd's off on 750pp pro races.
Whether this is really the case or not I cannot say, but when there's people to be tackled on their contributions to this thread, kikken327 surely shouldn't be the first one imho...

This is nowhere near reality. In fact it's more like 10%, probably even less, especially in pro mode. Reputable drivers like Mr P, Sphinx, Sjaak68 and Rudi Raser all favour to race with a 4WD at the moment, and there are more.. Where is the intervention from a moderator here?

To be honest, this thread was very questionable from the start.

So we went from 99.9% noob to 10% simply because 4 drivers, that I've never come accross because they are most likely on PAL, drive 4WD?

Good riddance, yes for sure.

No wonder I don't win many races, although I can keep up with most of you. I'm just not inclined to be a prick for a "victory" or some credits.

Div, since you have never raced the aforementioned drivers, your opinion means squat. I assume you think you could beat them all, and maybe you could-PAL copies are pretty easy to come by, if you want to guage your talents, pick one up.

Your arrogance is coming through loud and clear, Div. Look forward to seeing you on track-I have NTSC as well-I'll try to stay out of your way.

May I ask why you're defending Div is back here and questioning kikken327's statement? I've constructed this post because this feels like injustice to me.

Simply because, I read through all 7 pages of this thread, and nowhere does he advocate what kikken327 suggests he does.
The incident kikken327 referred to later was in a race which none of us here (except those who were in the race with them) can have known about. ;)
It was kikken327's first post here which I had to approve.
I wanted to make it perfectly clear that jumping into a thread two-footed with a personal attack without any evidence was not going to be treated lightly here.

It is no dispute or defence of either members' claims, but with respect to the topic of the thread and the statement kikken327 made there was no evidence to support his claim that Div is back believes or had suggested here that 4WD noobs are simply to be punted willy-nilly.

There is nothing to suggest that creditable racers such as you or those you mentioned, cannot, do not, or should not resort to driving 4WDs, but as a drivetrain it does seem to be a lot more forgiving to newer racers.
A long time and well respected racer such as yourself, that has raced according to some of the strictest online racing rules here, and on other boards, and has participated in some exceptional LAN events with similar rules implied know just that, but have also learned the nuances of the harder-to-master, though ultimately faster drivertrains and can drive the pants off them too, will also doubtless be frustrated by the people that Div is back is referring too.

Let's be very clear here, no-one has been unjustly treated, no-one has received administrative action. However, I have acted with my first post in this thread on the evidence that was present here, and I, nor any of the staff here, cannot be expected to "mind-read" members posts when they seem to be making inflammatory statements, especially within a first post.
A jury has to act on submitted evidence. I did. I took the time to evaluate all the posts in the thread up to the time that kikken327 posted. Again, nowhere was there evidence to back up his claims. Verdict was passed and an extremely mild warning posted regarding charging into a situation wielding accusations with nothing of substance to back them up.
I don't feel I've defended a member simply by pointing out that he's not actually posted what another member claims that he'd implied.

I'd taken the time to read every post in this thread before I responded, some of them, such as your own that you quoted, were humourous without being implicitly directed at any one member, and hence weren't worthy of moderation. His post asked you to prove him wrong, there have since been 7 pages of discussion about it, would you rather have seen the thread closed by a moderator with no discussion because of a perceived exaggeration? I doubt GTP would last very long if that was our modus operandi and this forum would be pretty boring without contibuting members and discussions. :(

Please feel free to continue this discussion with me by PM.

So we went from 99.9% noob to 10% simply because 4 drivers, that I've never come accross because they are most likely on PAL, drive 4WD?

There is nowhere near 99.9% of 4wd drivers being noobs. It seems as if you are simply attacking anybody driving a 4WD, yes I understand your frustrationhaving been frustrated at the Elises when they used to be driven by punters, but even your tone suggests you think that "might is right." You seem to think that your Ford GT has preference to the race line over other cars such as EVOs and STis.

Using your quote about 99% of 4WD drivers being a noob "now prove me wrong and i'll shut up"

:mad: I am definately not a noob or a hack and I love ripping up Suzuka in my beautifull EVO X.

Lets dance and I will show you.:mischievous:

750 Suzuka is where you'll find me, as usual.

I could say div is back is a noob because he loves his R3 tires so much and can't race with S2,but I won't do that.

By saying Div is back is a noob is saying as much all the racers at the 750 PP race are noobs.
And we all know that is not true.

Div is back is a NTSC racer and I am PAL,so I could say to him "Good riddance, yes for sure."
But then I lowered myself to his level and I don't want to go so far.

Ahhhhh,who am I kidding,

haha, 750pp on R3 tyres = 600pp AWD, I mean its no fun not having to worry about the rear end stepping out or getting out of hairpins at full throttle, but to each his own i guess.

I could say div is back is a noob because he loves his R3 tires so much and can't race with S2,but I won't do that.

By saying Div is back is a noob is saying as much all the racers at the 750 PP race are noobs.
And we all know that is not true.

Div is back is a NTSC racer and I am PAL,so I could say to him "Good riddance, yes for sure."
But then I lowered myself to his level and I don't want to go so far.

Ahhhhh,who am I kidding,

:lol:

Where did the idea of me not racing in 600PP S come from?

I clearly noted it was BS to run S tires in standing races in 600PP as it promoted 4WD bumping madness even more, yet you take it I don't race in 600P. I do, with GTP racers, and with modesty, win cleanly most of the time, bar the kikken incident.

So now being a R3 750PP Suzuka racer is being a noob?
Geez, nice excuses you make there, anything else? This is entertaining.

haha, 750pp on R3 tyres = 600pp AWD, I mean its no fun not having to worry about the rear end stepping out or getting out of hairpins at full throttle, but to each his own i guess.

Step out of the S2k and try the FGT LM with R3 TCS at 0.

*haha S2k on r1 = backend racer *

*ends low level DK rant*

I think this thread has served it's purpose, and seems to be headed toward a flame war.

Mods?

Step out of the S2k and try the FGT LM with R3 TCS at 0.

*haha S2k on r1 = backend racer *

*ends low level DK rant*

haha, i got one of those i just don race it online alot because its not as stable as the s2k although i get better times with it (with all aids off) but, i guess the next time i see you on the track i'll bring it out.

oh and in no way did i mean to discredit the 750 pp races because thats where i spend most of my time, i was just replying to thr sjaak68 comment calling us 750 pp racers noobs when the 600 pp racers can be called the same with all the 4WD cars. I just didnt want to start a flame war so ddint quote him.

I'll see you on the track with the GT LM though, i kinda had enough of playing catch up with them.

kudos

Well I sure ain't takin' anyone's side on this, but what's the deal with 4WD's being labeled a 'noob/hack' car? I mean it's a car in the game is it not?

It seems to me if someone is running you off the track and generally driving like an a-hole and getting away with it, it's more a reflection on short comings of the game for allowing them to do it, is it not? I mean it makes them a hack that's for sure, but why brand the car? That's like saying guns kill.

Again no sides on my part, I don't play online right now. 👎

I think this thread has served it's purpose, and seems to be headed toward a flame war.

Mods?

It always was going to be a flame war from the start.

The whole idea of a certain car that is named and shamed is stupid in itself.

Back