The Bonus Livery Editor Challenge 02 (Anniversary) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 160 comments
Question : can I do a "Road Version" livery or must I just do a Race one with different sponsors (and GTP the main one ?

I'm probably not gonna win lots of votes but I wanted to do a simple thing like I like to do, a kind of special edition of the car I choose.

So there will be GT Planet decals but not really like a sponsor.
I don't know if I'm clear.
Go on!

As I said, this is more a tribute than a competition. Feel free to do whatever you want to show your interest in GTPlanet and its community

Last edited:
Last edited:
So as I just said this is a really simple livery for this round even if it took me more time than it seems.

First the colors, of course black, white, red and blue.
So there's a B8 Chrome base with white, red and black decals.
Then of course GT and GT Planet decals.

Then the car, as @Jordan is American (at least I think he is) I wanted an American car, but overall I wanted a car made in 2001 like GT Planet is. As I unfortunately couldn't find it, I decided to go with the BMW Z8 '01.

I could have done something with the Viper '02 but I preferred the year than the country.

So here is my tribute to this great site discovered a long long time ago but where I didn't come to because of my poor English...

No time for a "great" race livery so I decided to go for a simple but special "Jugà Coursa GT Planet Edition".

I'll maybe update my post with some small tweaks, different bonus pics and livery link, but the idea is already here.

Glad to be part of this great community. :cheers:

That's a bad ass livery you've made 👍
Thank you mate, really appreciate your comment.

I kinda like that even after 7-10 layers of 10% transparent decal, you can still see that carbon structure underneath. You do need at least 5-7 layers to recolor the carbon to some plausible shade as that 10% transparency decal (now I'm not sure if it isn't 5% transparent) is teally hard to see, when it is single. And I was deciding between glossy and semi-glossy finish of the decals - semi-glossy won. ^^

FINAL ENTRY

GTPlanet with Cancer Research GR Supra

20190324224238.jpg

20190324224250.jpg

20190324223232.jpg

Download Livery: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/notifications/livery/3216836/1/5053601805441696800

I bring to you the GTPlanet with Cancer Research GR Supra....

After many seasons using varied versions of the GTPlanet livery, The GR/GTPlanet team made partnership with Cancer Research to run a charity livery to spread awareness of Breast Cancer.
Running in White with two tone Pink as well as the Pink Angel herself, Team GTPlanet's GR Supra hit the Gr.3 scene with striking impact.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

The Livery Editor Competitions have reached its 1-year anniversary, so I decided to run this livery (and the Cayman) in the Manufacturer Series as a sort of farewell (if I can switch manufacturers at the end of this Exhibition Season) campaign for Porsche in the FIA GT Championship Manufacturer Series.

The car is equipped with Sport Mode compatible WEC number boxes and other WEC related stuff. Oh and there are some spots where there are ghosted GTPlanet globe logos, but I made them slightly more obvious to see. The car itself still has the original colour underneath the white body wrap, which is also what I did to the Cayman to keep its stock carbon fibre texture on the spoiler.

It is rumoured that their biggest rival is a Karen Araragi themed Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept bearing the number 110...

FINAL ENTRY

So yeah despite only appearing in three LEC contests, I had a lot of fun in these contests. Tests my creativity in making liveries.

So about the livery depending on how you view it, you may view as a inspired look from the default livery of the 2016 R18 or not. Went for the GTP colors (only missing the blue) and if you notice the Thank You GTPlanet and 5 Years and a Great Community decal, it shows how many years I've been in this community/forum and I wanna thank everyone because this community/forum changed me with good peeps here and there. Number plate I used is the GTPlanet number plate but with the WEC logo added to add some twist to it. And lastly the no.5 on the number plate again shows how many years I've been with this community.

FINAL ENTRY

Together with his introverted brother :D

As I've asked it this weekend, I was busy with a livery for this contest, but not only for this contest. I was on the idea to make a GT Planet themed Beetle for the VW Funcup anyway, a thread I started 3 weeks ago.

Then I saw this bonus edition to celebrate the one and only Livery Editor Contest. It was the right injection of inspiration for the GT Planet bug in the hopefully upcoming VW Funcup !
To celebrate the contest, you've to celebrate your competitors I thought, without them it won't have been a succes this far. So I converted the most common names to svg files and then the puzzle started to fit most names on the car without making it a too busy/chaotic design.

If people like, I've made a zip file with all the names I converted to svg's (two colours, white & blue, De Rotterdam Demo font). Don't know how to share it though. Car will be shared shortly after this post !

Download 1 & 2 (alternative)

Last edited:
@YukinoSuzuka , Nicely done to use all the names. It reminds me off another VW design from the 17th livery competition of @Raphaele.

VW Raphaele's

Gaaf gedaan, cool hoe je de streepjes hebt laten door lopen ook een eigen .svg?

Have to go on my knees for @Raphaele :bowdown: Haven't seen this livery before, the idea is not stolen, let's say we've all a creative mind to take part in this competition. I should check the LEC more than I already do :D

Edit : @PrinsvOranje About the lines at the back of the car, I used this pattern.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

I decided to do what I mainly do and made a livery to evoke the memories of yesteryear.

The first two Gran Turismo games on PlayStation 1 had a feature sorely missed by its fanbase; the Racing Modification. Every single street car in the first game was able to be race-modified (Except the Dodge Concept Car) and most, if not all of them were based on race-modified cars in real life. The R33 GT-R Skyline had one based on a car entered in the Super Taikyu endurance series in Japan; mildly tuned performance and aerodynamics, and a simple yet elegant livery style of an assortment of sponsor decals placed about the body.

This livery celebrates not only GTPlanet but the game series which is its primary focus, as well as Nissan's racing pedigree. Some of the decals chosen are a reflection of those found on other famous Skyline liveries which appeared in the Gran Turismo series, such as the Pennzoil Nismo GT-R, R30 Silhouette Formula, Mine's Skyline and of course, the Nismo GT-R LM.

Link - https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1315862/1/5764612003450617904

a minimal livery, as is the GTPlanet site,
but on a powerful and devastating car like the SRT Tomahawk that represents the GTPlanet community
I don't know what's the English expression for "passer la pommade"! :D

Great livery anyway, it's gonna be a new f:censored:' hard poll!

I decided to try my hand at a more negative style design. All the "white" you see on the car is actually W2 Chrome. The rest of the graphics are done in Powder to give a huge contrast while in the sunlight.

I decided to try my hand at a more negative style design. All the "white" you see on the car is actually W2 Chrome. The rest of the graphics are done in Powder to give a huge contrast while in the sunlight.
Great livery, I love it!

Red, black (and eventually "white") always touch my heart! :D

Back