The Bonus Livery Editor Challenge 02 (Anniversary) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 160 comments
So you’re going for one of the new cars ?

Even with the update and the Super Formulas paintable, I’ll stick with my previous choice... It means something to me.

Yes, me too, and besides I stick to my livery, it's too much work to copy my livery to another car. If (a long iiiiif) I would do this, it should be the Stratos :D

FINAL ENTRY

GOj4Mac.png

1ShGjkc.png

pa9pmiF.png

G5L7trP.png

Last edited:
There was a very thoughtful process that went into this car.

It was important to me to embody the feel and color of the website, but also the simplicity. I chose the BMW M4 Safety Car for myriad reasons because of what the car embodies, and even the significance it's heritage has with our site's founder. The fact that it is the Safety Car version is meant to evoke the various, wonderful moderators that have done an excellent job at making this website so clean and friendly in my 12+ years visiting here. It's also a car that is largely attainable to most users in real life (maybe an older M3 or 3 Series coupe/sedan/wagon at least!) and yet has the performance to slay much faster machines, uniting the "I want to drive my car on the television" philosophy that Kaz founded Gran Turismo on with the evolution into the beautiful, high performing game we have today. The wheels were changed to Rays in a nod to GT's home land of Japan and delicate work was done to simulate carbon fiber on the mirrors and rear spoiler to match the roof panel.

The various dots are a nod to the globe logo but also meant to represent the users of our site, and the flags on the rear show the global reach and influence of our website and the game we play. I thought long and hard about adding other logos or sponsors to the design, but decided that this was all about gtplanet, so that was the only logo that should appear.

I thank you for any consideration you have for my design!

EDIT: Didn't realize we could include more spoiler images so I added another shot I had taken. I'm really happy that Arizona has a few scapes in GT Sport and wanted to a get a shot in Monument Valley.

Last edited:
I was going to do one on the SF19, had it all planned out but it just doesn't work. I have no idea what to do. Just one of those weeks with a complete block

FINAL ENTRY

This is my Jaguar F-Type Gr. 3, LEC 1 year Anniversary Edition.

Base is RW Colorshift with inverted GTP decals on the white parts. I went for the Gtplanet website colors with a white/black base and thin red and blue stipes.
I made a custom invertded 1 year Anniversary decals on the roof and put all the previous LEC winners on the carbin fiber under the doors.

No additionals sponsor to keep it clean

https://www.gran-turismo.com/fr/gtsport/user/livery/3599907/1/5116670893650608696

FINAL ENTRY

“Studded Carbon Ford GT”

I had permanent discussions with myself on what car model and what paint to choose.
Finally I went with a most iconic GT: the Ford GT. This car – a homage – looks back at legendary victories four consecutive times at 24h of Le Mans 50 years ago when they called it “GT40” due to its overall height of 40 inches.

When I saw this perfect carbon body in its pure nudity, I knew that I won’t disfigure that piece of automotive art with any colour varnish. Instead I tried to nail it: a studded carbon body.

At all points GTPlanet means diversity – spacial, ethnic, cultural, speech… and this was the plan: one point or nail for every aspect.

Soon I found out that the number of decals in-game is limited to 300 for the body, I never noticed this limit before. To finish my plan I had to create double and triple studs (bullets, nails) to keep the limit. When the left side of the body was finished I became sort of desperate to duplicate each single decal to the opposite side. It was a lesson of patience and concentration similar to meditation.
The livery is sport mode compatible, of course. Hope you like it.​

32 entries and 32 hours left but some usual names are not here yet.

:gtpflag:

Mine is ready, I just need to do the presentation (and I hope to find the time to enter the LEC #27 too).

Where are @Teal , @Strax , @JKcreativeworks , @ghostrider135 , @D-Max , @daan , @Akwaaba , @MatskiMonk , @Nuschel01 , @Panoz , @ThePotatoKing , @danhighway , @NBDESIGNZ , @MrWaflz55 , @Stiggy , @anthaliscious ?

Nobody’s forced, but I hope you’ll come with something!

:cheers:
I already know some of the guys you talk about and yes, I can't wait to see what they'll bring to us!

I'm afraid the same applies to me, work has been stressing me out so I ended up neglecting GT more than I wanted to. I'll hopefully be back for the next LEC, should the proper inspiration come.

I did a very simple thing, I think you guys have to be there, even with a two colors livery if you want to.

I'm not judging, do what you want to, but I think next year (next month, next week), you'll regret if you do nothing.

Hey guys! I'm back. It's really touching that you guys still think of me. Haha. I missed you guys, really. It's good to be back. :) Thanks to all of you for everything. I owe y'all big time.

Not to go too deep off topic, but for those of you who know (and those of you who don't): I'm now a dad to a beautiful baby boy, who's already four months(or, he will be in two days)! It's been a hard few months, becoming a dad really takes a toll. But it's so giving. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love being a dad.

But it meant I had to push GT and GTP away for a while. Sorry about that. I will do my best to pop in more often, you guys are my family too!

Anyway, here is my surprise entry. Nothing flashy, I didn't have time to come up with my own design, but I tweaked an existing one to fit the theme. :P

FINAL ENTRY

Back