The Bonus Livery Editor Challenge 02 (Anniversary) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 160 comments
@syntex123 welcome back buddy and big congratz on your baby boy! :cheers:

edit: forgot to mention your, as per usual, great job on the livery, especially the bomb part. ^^

May I borrow two minutes of your time ?

I wanted to do a tribute livery to GTPlanet and to all the GT series. I've played GT since the first opus, and I've read GTPlanet for a while, but I've registrered here when Gran Turismo 4 came out in 2005. The opening video was one of the best of all times and it still gives me goosebumps today.

As an american car, the Ford GT was the nicest choice to celebrate the origin of the site and its founder, and the fact that Polyphony choose to bring the LM Spec II back to GT Sport was also a mark of the special and iconic nature of this car. I didn't wanted to do a replica of the original livery, because just like @Raphaele , I felt in love with the raw texture of the test car. All the "black" which appears on my livery is the carbon fiber of the body. I tried to emphase the lines of the car with gloss white panels and thin blue and red accents juste like the colours of the banner. I tried to keep the car Sport Mode friendly but the big number in the middle of the door was very restrictive so I gave up.

The livery is not shared yet as the game loads it blank, so I'll try to do that later. The matching suit and helmet are shared, though.

PS : I've planned to do an extended version of the video with the full song, featuring all the previous LEC winners, but I underestimated the time to shot, create and edit 26 video clips, so that will come a bit later...

FINAL ENTRY

FINAL ENTRY

Wow, i have no words where these designs are heading :drool::bowdown: Now I have to say I have the 3rd best Ford GT in the contest :D

I wanted to do a tribute livery to GTPlanet and to all the GT series. I've played GT since the first opus, and I've read GTPlanet for a while, but I've registrered here when Gran Turismo 4 came out in 2005. The opening video was one of the best of all times and it still gives me goosebumps today.

As an american car, the Ford GT was the nicest choice to celebrate the origin of the site and its founder, and the fact that Polyphony choose to bring the LM Spec II back to GT Sport was also a mark of the special and iconic nature of this car. I didn't wanted to do a replica of the original livery, because just like @Raphaele , I felt in love with the raw texture of the test car. All the "black" which appears on my livery is the carbon fiber of the body. I tried to emphase the lines of the car with gloss white panels and thin blue and red accents juste like the colours of the banner. I tried to keep the car Sport Mode friendly but the big number in the middle of the door was very restrictive so I gave up.

The livery is not shared yet as the game loads it blank, so I'll try to do that later. The matching suit and helmet are shared, though.

PS : I've planned to do an extended version of the video with the full song, featuring all the previous LEC winners, but I underestimated the time to shot, create and edit 26 video clips, so that will come a bit later...

I remember this opening scene so well and the song is a true GT anthem - Moon over the Castle. And you've made great job recreating the turntable part of it. :bowdown:

This is sooo insane!
Goosebump-factor is over 9000!

Well done m8!

Unfortunately I'll have no time at all for this comp (and the others) lately. But with all the brilliant entries so far I think we can say it's a nice 1st Birthday gift.

@Cytoria : Superb work on your video

Hey guys! I'm back. It's really touching that you guys still think of me. Haha. I missed you guys, really. It's good to be back. :) Thanks to all of you for everything. I owe y'all big time.

Not to go too deep off topic, but for those of you who know (and those of you who don't): I'm now a dad to a beautiful baby boy, who's already four months(or, he will be in two days)! It's been a hard few months, becoming a dad really takes a toll. But it's so giving. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love being a dad.

But it meant I had to push GT and GTP away for a while. Sorry about that. I will do my best to pop in more often, you guys are my family too!

Anyway, here is my surprise entry. Nothing flashy, I didn't have time to come up with my own design, but I tweaked an existing one to fit the theme. :P

FINAL ENTRY

@syntex123 Congrats again with the baby boy. I know how exhausting it can be!!! Have a boy of 2,5 and a baby girl of 6 months. But it is awesome, except for the amount of sleep.

Nice to have you back a bit more!!

32 entries and 32 hours left but some usual names are not here yet.

:gtpflag:

Mine is ready, I just need to do the presentation (and I hope to find the time to enter the LEC #27 too).

Where are @Teal , @Strax , @JKcreativeworks , @ghostrider135 , @D-Max , @daan , @Akwaaba , @MatskiMonk , @Nuschel01 , @Panoz , @ThePotatoKing , @danhighway , @NBDESIGNZ , @MrWaflz55 , @Stiggy , @anthaliscious ?

Nobody’s forced, but I hope you’ll come with something!

:cheers:
Man I wish I could be at the PS more often sometimes but university (meh) and my gf (not bad :D) take away all my time :lol: I can only ever get to it on some weekends but then often rather drive a little instead of messing in the editor. However I‘m not entirely gone and if there are competitions I really want to attend I will :)

BTW: Good to see you again, @syntex123 :gtpflag: You still got my number, do you? :D

Hey guys! I'm back. It's really touching that you guys still think of me. Haha. I missed you guys, really. It's good to be back. :) Thanks to all of you for everything. I owe y'all big time.

Not to go too deep off topic, but for those of you who know (and those of you who don't): I'm now a dad to a beautiful baby boy, who's already four months(or, he will be in two days)! It's been a hard few months, becoming a dad really takes a toll. But it's so giving. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love being a dad.

But it meant I had to push GT and GTP away for a while. Sorry about that. I will do my best to pop in more often, you guys are my family too!

Anyway, here is my surprise entry. Nothing flashy, I didn't have time to come up with my own design, but I tweaked an existing one to fit the theme. :P

FINAL ENTRY

Congrats @syntex123 - and @PrinsvOranje too.
I Have a 2 month baby boy too. It 's awesome, even if nights are shorter and spare time is quite noexistent.

Great livery and happy to see you back.

GTPlanet/Haas #93 Super GT GT300 entry

Haas put out to the internet they want to fund a corvette in the Super GT Championship. GtPlanet get the go ahead to design the livery and as a surprise treat, get to be the title sponsor for free. Bonus! This is what would result.

Car is currently running some test sessions and here is some shots of it in action, inside the spoiler.

Wow, i have no words where these designs are heading :drool::bowdown: Now I have to say I have the 3rd best Ford GT in the contest :D

I remember this opening scene so well and the song is a true GT anthem - Moon over the Castle. And you've made great job recreating the turntable part of it. :bowdown:

This is just another level - awesome!

Thanks for the reminders @Cytoria - but by the time I had an idea for a livery to create, I've run out of time to make it!
(it is fast approaching 1:00am (local time) and I have to be up at 6:00 to got to work.

This is just another level - awesome!

Thanks for the reminders @Cytoria - but by the time I had an idea for a livery to create, I've run out of time to make it!
(it is fast approaching 1:00am (local time) and I have to be up at 6:00 to got to work.
With the LEC #27 poll to create, and with more than 35 entries for this one, it is unlikely that I can launch the poll tomorrow. So I think it won’t hurt anyone if you have one more day to do something.

I kinda wish I had taken a different slant with mine now, I like the unique nature and I’m surprised no one else has done one with a ‘all the racing games of GT Planet’ theme but some of these other entries are brilliant, well done everyone!!

Last edited:

FINAL ENTRY

Yes! Welcome back and welcome to dadhood mate!!

Back