The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
I got a really annoying glitch that says I didn't accept the Terms Of Service for online play when I accepted them since a LONG time ago.:odd: I thought starting a new game would change anything, which it did but after a few days it all came back. Tried thrice. Nothing solved. Someone help please...

Edit: It says: An error has occurred (8002E501) then online connection instantly does what I said in the last paragraph.:(

Edit 2: It happened since patch 1.09:boggled:

I just noticed AI driving a Buick Special at National A - Classic Muscle Car Series (Willow Springs) , yet trying to enter the race in said car is not possible for players. :D

That's nothing new in Gran Turismo.:sly: Especially not GT4. In Supercar Festival the A.I. would have a lot of non-production cars which are not allowed and they'd be allowed in. A lotta other events were like this.;)

Same thing in GT5's seasonal events, the A.I.'s In the Lamborghini Miuras would have like... 7 or 8 PP over the limit and they'd be allowed in. It's a gimmick.:cool:

Last edited:
There is also the Things in GT6 you want "fixed" thread, which contains many bugs & glitches as well. But that thread isn't being updated either.

PD doesn't seem to have paid much attention to these kind of threads, but well done for trying.

👍

The BMW M5 has a really weird speedometer, if you're at 300KM/H, you suddenly notice on the projected HUD, you're going at 400+KM/H.

VBR
There is also the Things in GT6 you want "fixed" thread, which contains many bugs & glitches as well. But that thread isn't being updated either.

PD doesn't seem to have paid much attention to these kind of threads, but well done for trying.

👍

Thanks for the support. I agree with a lot of points of that thread and that thread was actually the first source which I used to add more bugs I forgot.

The BMW M5 has a really weird speedometer, if you're at 300KM/H, you suddenly notice on the projected HUD, you're going at 400+KM/H.

Yep, it's acting weird. It replaces numbers with "N" and the actual speed number displayed doesn't count in the same increments as km/h (it's faster).

There's a huge load of these individual errors on cars, I think I'll make a post just listing those and permalink it in the OP. I'm not sure if I continue working on this though, interest seems quite low.

All wheels with clutch & h-shifter: Customizable transmissions lock the clutch and h-shifter functions on many cars. Appears intentional to simulate sequential gears but makes no sense because it applies to random cars from any class and age, would only make sense on racing cars that have sequential transmission in reality.

This one can be really frustrating.

I'm all for "refreshing" the bugs & glitches list but in reality I don't think PD is even considering fixing most of these.

Most of this stuff was discovered shortly after launch and is still in the game - I see no point in finding additional bugs/glitches before PD shows that they actually doing something about the currently available list.

Course Maker not found on main menu. Ba-dum-dum-tssh.

I get a rectangular block of white screen that flashes in the lower middle of my display no matter which camera mode or course I'm on. Probably tv related

I also have to re-insert my disk for it to read about 1/2 the time. Probably a ps3 fatty problem.

Purchased a Nissan SKYLINE GTS25 Type S (R32) '91 the other day. Took it for a test drive, definitely sounds something like a NASCAR in stock form. I threw a racing exhaust on and it gave me something more reasonable.

Course Maker not found on main menu. Ba-dum-dum-tssh.

:lol:
You'd be surprised how many things PD hide from us which are really simple settings in the save, all they'd have to do is add an option for them. Garage limit, advanced Arcade Mode options, multi monitor settings...

This rare bug only occurs when you crash at a high speed. The speed drops so quickly that two 0's are left instead of one. It's really stupid.

image.jpg

Saved a replay of the 24 minutes of Le Mans I won, but my car is not there at all in the replay... the last car at the start is the car that started ahead of me 1 place... I hope I didn't dream winning that race.

I have a Sony STR-DH540 5.2 Surround Sound System hooked to my PS3 via HDMI. The rear sound from the vehicle that I'm driving only comes on after I pit, then it cuts off when I run off the track and sometimes just taking a curve (all the other sounds still play through the same speakers). I've checked all my hookups and changed each connection but the problem persists. It doesn't do this on anything else hooked to my surround suggesting that it's a PS3 or GT6 glich. I haven't noticed it on any other game as well. Please look into this.

Last edited:
there seems to be a lobby glitch for the new version 1.10 patch. Whenever i try to find a lobby to join it doesnt show up any lobbies at all and i am unable to refresh the lobby either. However it is still possible to join if you type the room ID. I was wondering if this is happening to anyone else besides me? and if this a ps3 glitch or just another update mess up? thanks :D

there seems to be a lobby glitch for the new version 1.10 patch. Whenever i try to find a lobby to join it doesnt show up any lobbies at all and i am unable to refresh the lobby either. However it is still possible to join if you type the room ID. I was wondering if this is happening to anyone else besides me? and if this a ps3 glitch or just another update mess up? thanks :D
Not just you

It's more than likely a server load issue. GT6 Servers are feeding those 2+GBs to a gazillion clients so when that load lessens, the lobby refresh should return to its usual sketchy behavior.

I have a Sony STR-DH540 5.2 Surround Sound System hooked to my PS3 via HDMI. The rear sound from the vehicle that I'm driving cuts off (all other sounds continue to play) when I run off the track and sometimes just taking a curve. I've checked all my hookups and changed each connection but the problem persists. It doesn't do this on anything else hooked to my surround suggesting that it's a PS3 or GT6 glich. I haven't noticed it on any other game as well. Please look into this.

Which audio setting do you use in-game? Large theatre?
Also, keep in mind this is a community forum, Sony/Polyphony Digital do not officially read/post anything here. The community is always looking to help though! Welcome to GTPlanet.

Which audio setting do you use in-game? Large theatre?
Also, keep in mind this is a community forum, Sony/Polyphony Digital do not officially read/post anything here. The community is always looking to help though! Welcome to GTPlanet.

I have the room size set to "small room". The sound field is set on "multi steteo".

I have the room size set to "small room". The sound field is set on "multi steteo".

I'm sorry, I misread your first post and thought it's just sound cutting out when you go off the track. If the sounds cuts out under so many conditions as you describe I don't know how to fix the issue, I would have suggested messing with audio settings but I guess you've set everything up properly. I assume it's a problem caused by the PS3's processor being overloaded as I've had sounds cut out periodically when driving on Bathurst with AI opponents, sometimes even for a few minutes before they randomly returned. Bathurst is known to be an issue causing track as it's poorly optimized to run on PS3, so if your issue appeared there make sure to try other track/car combinations (but I assume you did that).

I sadly don't have a surround system I can use with my GT6 setup so I can't help, I'm just using stereo currently. Maybe someone else sees this who can help.

I'm sorry, I misread your first post and thought it's just sound cutting out when you go off the track. If the sounds cuts out under so many conditions as you describe I don't know how to fix the issue, I would have suggested messing with audio settings but I guess you've set everything up properly. I assume it's a problem caused by the PS3's processor being overloaded as I've had sounds cut out periodically when driving on Bathurst with AI opponents, sometimes even for a few minutes before they randomly returned. Bathurst is known to be an issue causing track as it's poorly optimized to run on PS3, so if your issue appeared there make sure to try other track/car combinations (but I assume you did that).

I sadly don't have a surround system I can use with my GT6 setup so I can't help, I'm just using stereo currently. Maybe someone else sees this who can help.

Well thanks for replying, I notice it more on the Ascari track because it's 1 of my favorites. Anyway, I truly appreciate your advice...I will continue to play around with it and let you know what I find.

Whenever you get a chance, consider a full surround sound, it's awesome because you can hear what's behind you, you can even hear which side an opponent is trying to pass from the rear. It really takes the game to another level.

Well thanks for replying, I notice it more on the Ascari track because it's 1 of my favorites. Anyway, I truly appreciate your advice...I will continue to play around with it and let you know what I find.

Whenever you get a chance, consider a full surround sound, it's awesome because you can hear what's behind you, you can even hear which side an opponent is trying to pass from the rear. It really takes the game to another level.

Cheers, and I just realized I have a 7.1 headset (Logitech G430) and never tried it on GT6. Welp, derp. :dopey:

One thing you could try, is playing on a relatively short track with no time/weather change. These usually require less processing power. Also, if you're driving alone, either online or offline, it also has more processing power for graphics, physics and sounds. So if you notice this only happens when you have many AI opponents on track/other players around you online/play on the new to GT6 tracks (like Ascari), this might indeed be a lack of processing power on your PS3. I haven't heard of the sound cutting out as much as you describe (I read a lot on here), it seems like a really specific problem. What model and how old is your PS3?

Cheers, and I just realized I have a 7.1 headset (Logitech G430) and never tried it on GT6. Welp, derp. :dopey:

One thing you could try, is playing on a relatively short track with no time/weather change. These usually require less processing power. Also, if you're driving alone, either online or offline, it also has more processing power for graphics, physics and sounds. So if you notice this only happens when you have many AI opponents on track/other players around you online/play on the new to GT6 tracks (like Ascari), this might indeed be a lack of processing power on your PS3. I haven't heard of the sound cutting out as much as you describe (I read a lot on here), it seems like a really specific problem. What model and how old is your PS3?

CECH-3001B, I've had this one for about a year.

The game freezes if i try changing wheels it has happened three times in a row, never had this happen before 1.10
any thoughts ??

The game freezes if i try changing wheels it has happened three times in a row, never had this happen before 1.10
any thoughts ??

The same thing happened to me yesterday. I took a car out of my stockyard and tried to change the rims on it. The game froze up 3 times as soon as I picked the rim.

I ended up selling the car and buying it over again. Everything worked fine after that but there's def a problem.

Back