The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
I don't know if anybody else is getting this glitch, but when I do endurance races online, my payouts are massively reduced. A couple weeks ago I raced in and won a 40 lap race on spa with the SLS AMG GT3 and fuel on. 2nd place payout was around 168k. I got 17,500. Tonight, I raced in and got 2nd in a 200 lap race on Daytona with nascars. 1st place got 268k. I got 3,201. FOR SECOND 🤬 PLACE!!! IN A 200 LAP, 2.5 HOUR ENDURANCE RACE!!! This is seriously pissing me off now and I think it's only happening to me.

anyone else find the hidden piece of wall on turn 1 of ascari? I should see if I can find it on replay but it is just barely there and it's like hitting the wall

Try this:
Use a premium R32 with a painted carbon bonnet on Sierra, and this happens:
e7e89f.jpg

Is it just me or has this new update bugged the transmission? Two different cars so far, I've set the ratios and no matter what, the game resets them to something different. Anyone else spotted this?

Last edited:
Is it just me or has this new update bugged the transmission? Two different cars so far, I've set the ratios and no matter what, the game resets them to something different. Anyone else spotted this?
Seen a thread about this bug, can confirm!

Yeah, that has been confirmed. They supposedly added 3 cars and a few new Alpine suits yet still managed to mess up the game... further info here. It only applies to offline on track modes so drive your cars with custom setups in online lobbies only until a fix is released.

In replays, the Gauges display no longer displays Fuel, Gear, Tachometer, Speed, Throttle and Brake position etc. The only data shown is tire data in the bottom left corner.

GT6 Screen Shot 3:18:15, 4.24 PM 1.png

GT6 Screen Shot 3:18:15, 4.24 PM 2.png

GT6 Screen Shot 3:18:15, 4.25 PM 1.png

GT6 Screen Shot 3:18:15, 5.03 PM.png

Last edited:
not sure if it's been touched on, but when you race at midfield, any mode at any time with almost any car, the head lights are always on. this was before 1.17. I did just watch a video of a super lap at midfield with the alpine vgt, and his headlights were also on. most people probably don't notice/care about this but as a buy with OCD, it is driving me insane!
:banghead:

Something strange has happened with the sound output in GT6. My Buttkicker Gamer II response has always been weak and inconsistent, up until several weeks ago, after the options to set the Onboard Mic Position was coded in, a friend advised to change from Camera View Dependent to Cockpit. This produced consistent and reliable response from the Buttkicker with GT6 version 1.16. I just now finished the new VGT Seasonals and no matter what I did, either with the Buttkicker controls or the GT6 Sound settings, response was non-existent. The Buttkicker works fine when playing music from the XMB. Something else I noted during the Lexus seasonal. Tire squeal. What happened to it? When the tires start slipping it produced sound more like wind than tire squeal. I've noticed over the last year or so that tire noise changes with the grade of tire used but this was just weird.

Something strange has happened with the sound output in GT6. My Buttkicker Gamer II response has always been weak and inconsistent, up until several weeks ago, after the options to set the Onboard Mic Position was coded in, a friend advised to change from Camera View Dependent to Cockpit. This produced consistent and reliable response from the Buttkicker with GT6 version 1.16. I just now finished the new VGT Seasonals and no matter what I did, either with the Buttkicker controls or the GT6 Sound settings, response was non-existent. The Buttkicker works fine when playing music from the XMB. Something else I noted during the Lexus seasonal. Tire squeal. What happened to it? When the tires start slipping it produced sound more like wind than tire squeal. I've noticed over the last year or so that tire noise changes with the grade of tire used but this was just weird.
Tire sounds changed in 1.17

Its still here. I hate it. When do they plan to fix it?

Whenever I connect to Open Lobby after looking around for lobbies it suddenly exits back to the main menu with no sound or indication that it was intentionally exited. It happens within 10 seconds of opening Open Lobby and will exit quicker while trying to apply filters. I've tired everything I know from clearing Cache to Rebuilding the PS3 OS. my network has never failed and has no problems since i can get a good connection strength reading on various lobbies and also the game states I have very high bandwith. This is really irritating me because it makes it near impossible to get to a lobby without being brought back to the main menu.

Whenever I connect to Open Lobby after looking around for lobbies it suddenly exits back to the main menu with no sound or indication that it was intentionally exited. It happens within 10 seconds of opening Open Lobby and will exit quicker while trying to apply filters. I've tired everything I know from clearing Cache to Rebuilding the PS3 OS. my network has never failed and has no problems since i can get a good connection strength reading on various lobbies and also the game states I have very high bandwith. This is really irritating me because it makes it near impossible to get to a lobby without being brought back to the main menu.
Can confirm. It just happened to me 3 times It's pissing me off because I want to tandem. Everything you mentioned has happened. I have no clue what's going on..

Can confirm. It just happened to me 3 times It's pissing me off because I want to tandem. Everything you mentioned has happened. I have no clue what's going on..
IKR?! Only thing I can do is refresh the list till I find a room I like

I seem to have found a very annoying problem with online lobbies. If you set a start timer (say 10 minutes) run a couple of laps to get your grid slot and then pit to change tyres before the racing starts (so you can start on a different compound) when the race begins the the tyre monitor on the bottom left hand corner will display the correct tyre (the one you swapped onto) but you will actually be on the other compound if you judge by lap times and degradation.

I have tested this at both Laguna Seca and Motegi East, this is a real pain for certain race series that use this timer and practice as qualifying time and mandate tyre compound changed.

My example from today was Motegi east, SS tyres were doing 1:31.00 and SM were doing 1:33.00, I set a 10 minute timer, did a lap on softs (1:31.1), pitted for SM and then waited for the timer to start the race. On the grid my tyre monitor says SM but I am able to do 1:31.1 and 1:31.4 on my first two laps. The degradation also demonstrates that the car isn't on the compound displayed.

It happened previously at Laguna Seca in an actual race, I couldn't be sure on that occasion because I hadn't spent enough time before the race testing the two compounds but it did seem that I had improbable pace on the medium tyres, particularly as I was battling hard with people in the same car on the soft tyres.

Further testing might be required to figure out when this does and doesn't happen, on both occasions I have encountered it I haven't completed a full lap on the changed compound (SM in this instance) as I haven't had enough time before the timer runs out.

Is this a known issue, has anyone else encountered this?

So PD still hasnt fixed the transmission bug?
Everything's fine if i just try to change the gear ratio
until i change the final gear ratio, it just automatically change all my gear box ratio into minimum

Okay, here's why the transmission bug occours.
Check the gear ratios of the Alpine VGT, the 1st gear has a ratio of 13.660 and a final drive of 1.150. To make such extreme settings possible they may have been forced to tweak the transmission script, which ultimately broke the transmission flip.

You cannot keep a final ratio setting any more. Its been going on for a long time. When are they going to fix it? It should be simple. Worst bug ever for all of GT5 or 6.

Back