The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
Spa is really buggy for me right now...
It takes a lot of time to load and the music stops. Some parts of the track seem like they're flooded with water so you can't see if you're driving on the track or on the grass. At one point, everything was red instead of the usual colours. Anybody else having this problem?

Mmmm sure love those TE37's

Attachments

• 1428549943831-1807305647.jpg
    1428549943831-1807305647.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 100
I did have this flooded water scene for couple of times yesterday. They lasted about 1s and then scene was normal again.
It takes a lot of time to load and the music stops. Some parts of the track seem like they're flooded with water so you can't see if you're driving on the track or on the grass. At one point, everything was red instead of the usual colours. Anybody else having this problem?

I did have this flooded water scene for couple of times yesterday. They lasted about 1s and then scene was normal again.
It was a lot longer for me. Sometimes I had to pause the game for 30 seconds to have it normal again.

I don't know if i just didn't realize it earlier or my time trial ranking list just merged with my son's one (2nd ps3 account). Is it 1.18 ver? Quite annoying...

Noticed since this new update that front fog lights in any bad weather do not come on the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV but will come on with the Evo V. Also the rear tail lights are actually brighter than when the brake lamps are lit up which shouldn't be, only way I could tell I was applying the brakes was the third eye brake light lighting up.

My game still shows 99% eventhough I golded everything!

What I golded:
- All licence tests
- All mission races
- All coffee break events
- All normal races from Beginner to Super
- All Senna Races
- All moon Missions
- All Goodwood races
- All Siera Rallyes from 500 Abarth to GT-R Nismo
- All Redbull X Challenges + the 3 Vettel timechallenges
- All Onemake races
- Every Seasonal Event
- GT Academy Round one

So why do I still don't have 100% ?

My game still shows 99% eventhough I golded everything!

What I golded:
- All licence tests
- All mission races
- All coffee break events
- All normal races from Beginner to Super
- All Senna Races
- All moon Missions
- All Goodwood races
- All Siera Rallyes from 500 Abarth to GT-R Nismo
- All Redbull X Challenges + the 3 Vettel timechallenges
- All Onemake races
- Every Seasonal Event
- GT Academy Round one

So why do I still don't have 100% ?
Sure you did not miss something ?
I'm at 99% since a year or so and I did not even get bronze on any drift/coffee breaks.
The 99% showed up after one of the earlier updates, before that I was on 102%. :dopey:
Not that I really care...

Sure you did not miss something ?
I'm at 99% since a year or so and I did not even get bronze on any drift/coffee breaks.
The 99% showed up after one of the earlier updates, before that I was on 102%. :dopey:
Not that I really care...

No I triple checked everything right now. Every listed race is golded.

haha 102%

No I triple checked everything right now. Every listed race is golded.

haha 102%

My game shows 100% even though I haven't got gold on the final Senna trial (just silver). I should try golding it just to see if it'll drop. :lol:

Why is the Tuning Prohibited option disabled when Karts are selected as the Category?

Probably because the game wrongly assumes it's impossible to tune/modify karts? Didn't race karts in a while, but in GT6 some allow custom gearing if I remember correctly?

Probably because the game wrongly assumes it's impossible to tune/modify karts? Didn't race karts in a while, but in GT6 some allow custom gearing if I remember correctly?

So far as I know, you can change the gearing on every Kart. I wasn't really asking the question to get an answer so much as hoping someone at PD would notice and decide to make that programmatical change to allow at least that option to be enabled. As it stands now, the only way to set Karts up and preserve Tuning Prohibited, is to set the lobby up as a One Make race. At that point, the players are unable to use the Kart from their garages and cannot change any settings. While this is workable it also prevents players from being able to use the Kart they've painted and numbered per personal preference. There are other options in lobby settings that are unavailable to change when the Kart category is selected and I wonder why those are disabled as well.

this happen to me today on the last lobby
IMG_20150507_170128.jpg

all track textures goes black except the sky,
is not all the time just in some places and never happen to me before.
anyone know what causes this? or is just a glitch?

Trapped in Pits Bug - car enters the pit, but is unable to leave

Although it can affect all drivers in online races it primarily affects Hosts. On average I would say that of the races I have hosted on GT6 with pit stops (about 200), in about 1 in 6 my car becomes trapped in the pits. These are my theories as to what activates this bug:

Theory 1: at some tracks the game awards a time penalty if the driver enters the pitlane too fast - it holds the car at the end of the stop for up to 10 seconds depending on the track. My theory is that if the Host speeds while entering pitlane the game attempts to give a time penalty, but becomes confused and doesn't release the car. When the pit bug strikes the filling of the fuel tank is not completed.

Theory 2: Any attempt by the Host to alter the default fuel setting on pit entry causes the bug. I have noticed that if I attempt to alter the fuel load I suffer the pit bug - it doesn't happen every time - probably half the time so now I never risk altering the fuel which is frustrating knowing that others have that advantage , but I can't use it.

I think that the bug strikes if the fuel selection confirmation occurs beyond a certain point in the pitlane - the game becomes confused and thinks it has no instruction on fuel so just starts the refuel then stops and holds the car.

Theory 3: As above, but relating to a change of tyre choice. If the tyre choice is not confirmed early enough the game holds the car in the pit.

@JockeP22 has a theory that the "Trapped in Pits Bug" does not happen if the number of compulsory stops is set to 0 and the drivers are left on their honour to carry out the agreed number of pit stops without enforcement from the game. I have not tried this yet, but will do so.

Any other experiences or theories regarding the "Trapped in Pits Bug" greatly appreciated.

@KiroKai - I posted this first in another thread, but that says it hasn't been updated since 1.05 - not sure which is the right thread for this problem. Apologies if this has already been covered in your thread, but it is a very frustrating problem - yesterday, first pit stop of three in an endurance race I am hosting my car gets trapped in the pits. First thought was to use my karate skills for an attempt on Fred Vella's world record (demolition of a house with bare hands in 17 hours and 10 minutes) - fortunately decided to just leave the PS3 running and get a cup of tea. Others who didn't get trapped in the pits had an enjoyable race.

I had this happen a lot on late GT5, when playing in online lobbies for some time. Certain tracks like SSR7 and the Nürburgring were especially prone to this graphics glitch. It just randomly happened, sometimes it disappeared when I drove further, or left and rejoined the track, sometimes it stuck. Since switching to GT6 I had it happen very rarely, but I believe it still happened a couple times. I never found a particular trigger that could reproduce it, so I can only assume it's got to do with the PS3 GPU, if it's not a software bug.

Any other experiences or theories regarding the "Trapped in Pits Bug" greatly appreciated.

@KiroKai - I posted this first in another thread, but that says it hasn't been updated since 1.05 - not sure which is the right thread for this problem. Apologies if this has already been covered in your thread, but it is a very frustrating problem - yesterday, first pit stop of three in an endurance race I am hosting my car gets trapped in the pits. First thought was to use my karate skills for an attempt on Fred Vella's world record (demolition of a house with bare hands in 17 hours and 10 minutes) - fortunately decided to just leave the PS3 running and get a cup of tea. Others who didn't get trapped in the pits had an enjoyable race.

No problem, it's important to keep current issues relevant, even if the chance PD still bother to fix this glitch is low, and it's pretty certain they don't see this thread anyway. But it's still important to inform others and maybe find a solution/workaround. As you say yourself, if someone else knows more, input is always appreciated. 👍

Last edited:
My wheel is super un-sensitive for some odd reason, yet I have the sensitivity settings turned all the way up. Why PD, wHY?

Twice in a row now in an online endurance race I have pulled into the pits only for my crew not to serve me and then result in me being stuck in the pits for the rest of the race. The first time as Lexus VGT's at Monza and the second time was today at Circuit De La Sarthe 2013 in the Zytek Z11SN's. Really frustrating especially because in both cases I was leading :|

I am having serious problems with GT6 at present. The 'water' effect where the track disappears and you are driving blind has affected me whenever I load up a seasonal event on Silverstone, Spa and Ascari (so far).

I get on to the third of the GT Academy events at Spa and I click to enter the race. The menu music goes silent which is my first indication that all's not well. I click on the enter race icon and it never actually loads up. It just sits there without loading the track. I go back out of the race to the main GT Academy race menu and then the game crashes. It does this over and over.

Then tonight, I've downloaded the latest update but it refuses to install, failing every single time. I've restarted the console and tried it, changed to a new user and tried to instal it, and it fails every time. Plus, I can't cancel the installation to go into the game. Each time I cancel the installation, it then automatically restarts the installation process.

This is the first major bug I've encountered and it has destroyed my ability to play the game, let alone enjoy it.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction for a fix? Please?!

Thanks!

That sounds pretty bad. I haven't seen others solving this besides retrying several times or doing a full reinstall. They give the same official advice: http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/support/00_4379444.html

Since it's the install failing and you had those issues before, it indicates that something is wrong with your game data. At which point exactly is the install failing, is it always at the same percentage?

this happen to me today on the last lobby
View attachment 361595

For a couple of days I've had a bit (not exactly) similar problems both in online races and in GTAcademy round #3. In my case the track textures reflect the sky etc. I am able to play the game for some time and then the problem occurs.

When this problem occurred, I tried to fix it by doing some "maintenance work" to my PS3 (from its' recovery menu); First I selected the option "Rebuild the database"; rebuilding went through without any visible problems/messages. Then I selected the option "Restore file system". When that operation started, I received a message "file system is damaged" (or corrupted, I don't remember exactly). I hadn't got that message before. Restoring the file system went through in a couple of minutes.

I tested my "corrections" by playing GT6 again. Unfortunately the same problems occurred again... :banghead: So I don't know how to fix it and what's causing it. I don't even know whether this is software- or hardware-related problem (I only play GT with my PS3). It's possible the file system has been corrupted for some time (even before/during the game updates), but I don't know if the graphics problems are related to the possible file system corruption.

Here is a picture of my problems:

20150601_202521.jpg

Has anyone else had any similar problems recently? :confused:

Last edited:
Recently had the same problem in the last round of GTacademy.

I had those problems for a while with gt6. Some textures wouldn't load until you were almost right on top of them, buildings popped up a few metres ahead, and sometimes stuff just wouldn't load at all. At the time it was pretty much the only game I played, and when it would start playing up like that, the ps3 would make funny noises, like it was struggling to load the disc. Eventually the laser burned out and the console wouldn't play anything.

I replaced the laser, and all discs loaded perfectly, but kept having load issues with gt6. Game would load up fine, but lots of this texture disappearing and lots of crashes and 3 beep shutdowns. Eventually it killed the ps3, I think all the hard crashes just ruined the system, as it wasn't the laser the last time, the system just struggled doing anything. Would even crash when trying to load an external hdd or the ps store. All of this started after a certain update, I forget which one. Might have been 1.16.

Never had any trouble with any other game or disc, and the ps3 was well looked after, regularly cleaned out, kept well ventilated, and never in a smokey room (I'm a non-smoker), so I'm convinced gt6 killed it. Was the only game that seemed to stress the system out. Constant loading noises and fan going nuts all the time. Updates only made the game harder on the system.

I had those problems for a while with gt6. Some textures wouldn't load until you were almost right on top of them, buildings popped up a few metres ahead, and sometimes stuff just wouldn't load at all. At the time it was pretty much the only game I played, and when it would start playing up like that, the ps3 would make funny noises, like it was struggling to load the disc. Eventually the laser burned out and the console wouldn't play anything.

I replaced the laser, and all discs loaded perfectly, but kept having load issues with gt6. Game would load up fine, but lots of this texture disappearing and lots of crashes and 3 beep shutdowns. Eventually it killed the ps3, I think all the hard crashes just ruined the system, as it wasn't the laser the last time, the system just struggled doing anything. Would even crash when trying to load an external hdd or the ps store. All of this started after a certain update, I forget which one. Might have been 1.16.

Never had any trouble with any other game or disc, and the ps3 was well looked after, regularly cleaned out, kept well ventilated, and never in a smokey room (I'm a non-smoker), so I'm convinced gt6 killed it. Was the only game that seemed to stress the system out. Constant loading noises and fan going nuts all the time. Updates only made the game harder on the system.
Fat PS3? If you don't want to spent some money buying a new PS3, you can go into a game console service shop to make your PS3 last longer (i think GT6 can cause fan issues. Even worse, my PS3 before serviced claimed to having a YLOD problem)

I got the same impression. GT6 and GTA V put notably more load on my PS3, fan goes into higher ventilation modes than on older games, disk drive and hard drive constantly work even when the games sit at idle. Menus like the GT6 lobby screen make the overload pretty obvious. It's the nature of old hardware though, I'm just glad my PS3 has had no major hardware issues so far, hope it stays that way.

Back