The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
After one of the recent updates, there’s a serious audio problem while driving in cockpit/interior view. The sound is very distorted and muffled – it sounds like really bad wind-buffeting (like driving a car at highway speeds with the windows down).

It’s not a problem with my system because the sounds in all other views are normal.

It's part of an intended update. It happens to everyone. Just change the onboard mic position in race settings and you'll be fine.

Here's a weird one. I unfortunately don't have a picture of it atm but if it happens again I'll take one. Basically I spun out in an offline race, and ended up skidding into the pits (it was Daytona so I skidded across the grass)

Next thing I know my screen is black, the hud still remains and I can hear cars driving past and crashing into me. Seems it spawned my car at the end of pit lane, but the screen never followed. Had to restart the race.

Something that started today when I booted up the game. I was doing the Bathurst quick race, and partway through the race my G27 would be about 1/8 a turn off center. It would carry on to the next race. When I went to interior view the in game wheel was straight. Not sure if a problem on my end or PD's, but it sure makes racing in any way ridiculously annoying.

This must qualify as a glitch. All of a sudden I was signed up to an event in the community that I hadn't actually signed up for.

I guess the game has an involuntary sign-up glitch.

Something that started today when I booted up the game. I was doing the Bathurst quick race, and partway through the race my G27 would be about 1/8 a turn off center. It would carry on to the next race. When I went to interior view the in game wheel was straight. Not sure if a problem on my end or PD's, but it sure makes racing in any way ridiculously annoying.
My G27 replacement came with this issue which seemed to be heat related. They replaced it and this unit is thus far bullet proof. The symptoms are similar for a loose/broken encoder wheel as I recall from reading other threads.

My G27 replacement came with this issue which seemed to be heat related. They replaced it and this unit is thus far bullet proof. The symptoms are similar for a loose/broken encoder wheel as I recall from reading other threads.

Was about to come back and say that the problem was fixed. Didn't want to take the wheel apart, and not even sure if I really fixed it, hopefully it will last long enough for me to save for a T300.

Was about to come back and say that the problem was fixed. Didn't want to take the wheel apart, and not even sure if I really fixed it, hopefully it will last long enough for me to save for a T300.
T300 is not worth the the ridiculous price tag. Your better off just buying another G27 or fixing what you have.

On the bumper cam's rear view mirror, on Bathurst, the road appears all cracked. This doesn't happen on other tracks. Anyone else have the same problem?

On the bumper cam's rear view mirror, on Bathurst, the road appears all cracked. This doesn't happen on other tracks. Anyone else have the same problem?

In fact the rear view mirror shows none of the dark crack sealing tar this track is known for. It appears to be a separately rendered video stream from the normal view.

In fact the rear view mirror shows none of the dark crack sealing tar this track is known for. It appears to be a separately rendered video stream from the normal view.
I mean the road is cracked, like a cracked pane of glass

For some reason, out of the dealership, the 156 has Painted door handles, which isn't the way it is supposed to be, and it corrects itself(turns the door handles chrome), once you paint it at GT Auto.

This must qualify as a glitch. All of a sudden I was signed up to an event in the community that I hadn't actually signed up for.

I guess the game has an involuntary sign-up glitch.
It's happened again. I'm suddenly signed up for an event that I'm not planning of participating in. Quite annoying.

Preview cam glitch - recent QM at Bathrust. Part of the field got stuck in the preview track cam game uses before entering the practice or race.

I've never seen that happen before. quite funny.

I just tried the new "B Spec" feature included with update 1.16, but wish I hadn't - it froze my PS3 - I couldn't switch it off except at the mains.

OK, minor one but it is a glitch.

It appears that the existing club events now have pieces of information displayed in Japanese. Not a major issue but a glitch none-the-less...

Creating a new event doesn't appear to have the same issue.

Some square ''effects'' going on during replay and my bmw m3 matte grey reflects light in gallery view like there is no tomorrow

Untitled.jpg
Untitled3.jpg

That's how matte paint always looked in GT6, seems normal to me? The exaggerated square flare is quite ugly but all flares in GT6 look like that (especially those from the sun). I agree it should look different.

The thing about that square flare was i could not recreate it in photo mode and it was present during replay and specific camera angles.

OK, minor one but it is a glitch.

It appears that the existing club events now have pieces of information displayed in Japanese. Not a major issue but a glitch none-the-less...

Creating a new event doesn't appear to have the same issue.

Actually when you go in to look at the event details the room/event settings appear to have been deleted. All 10 of my club's events had to have all regs entered again.

Also my preset room regs have all disappeared.

Actually when you in to look at the event details the room/event settings appear to have been deleted. All 10 of my club's events had to have all regs entered again.

Also my preset room regs have all disappeared.

Yeah, I've heard a few people say that too. I know my preset room regs have also disappeared.
I can look at other people's clubs who haven't signed in and updated yet and those are the ones effected. Whether they will disappear for the club owners like you I can't confirm, I had no club events pre-update.

For some unknown reason I can't buy custom rearwings for my Renault 5 Turbo. I've tried yesterday to paint the custom rearwing, but the "buy" option is blacked out and don't let me buy it.

Anyone else experienced this? 1.16 bug?

i haven't had issues with online lobbies in a quite a while. after 1.16, could not see other racers, one racer was stuck on the grid the whole race (he was racing on his screen), disconnected immediately after a race.

like i've said, i've been lucky and not had any issues, now i'm back at 1.0 it seems.

i haven't had issues with online lobbies in a quite a while. after 1.16, could not see other racers, one racer was stuck on the grid the whole race (he was racing on his screen), disconnected immediately after a race.

like i've said, i've been lucky and not had any issues, now i'm back at 1.0 it seems.
I got disconnected again after race 3.

Fixed room host is broken. People link up to the room and begin entering.. sit there for ~45-70 seconds and then get kicked back to the lobby/club screen. So now we're forced into a non-fixed lobby situation at all times.. which as a result gives us the defect where people can't see everyone that is on the track from time to time. Annoying for league racing, I can tell you that much.

Fixed room host is broken. People link up to the room and begin entering.. sit there for ~45-70 seconds and then get kicked back to the lobby/club screen. So now we're forced into a non-fixed lobby situation at all times.. which as a result gives us the defect where people can't see everyone that is on the track from time to time. Annoying for league racing, I can tell you that much.

About two weeks before 1.16 came out I ran into trouble in my own fixed host rooms too, players suddenly couldn't see each other and I couldn't see everyone anymore either. This happened another time on the next day with different people, after the room ran for about an hour. This was the first time I've had fixed host rooms broken like this, usually it would either work, or DC me and everyone inside after some time, but it was always free from the visibility troubles.

It's quite annoying to see that 1.16 apparently did nothing to fix the terrible state the online modes are in, instead there's even more problems.

Indeed and your ghost of megane trophy in free run time trial ( i saw it on the nurburgring gp track ) runs with the windshield wiper outside the right door.

The pp calculations have changed one or two times already. That audi is one of many that has had it's stock pp value change.

Back