The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
- According to the description of the Electric Circuit-race series (for electric and hybride vehicles), the Tesla Model S, Tesla Roadster and Fisker Karma are suitable cars. However they all far exceed the max 400 pp regulation of the series, and cannot be used.

Power limiter, they can be used.

Ok guys the wierdest thing just happened to me. I went to my garage and I wanted to put my Kart jr in there, well I clicked on it and pressed move to stock yard, it was loading and when it was finished it was still in my garage, so I did it all over again and in the stockyard tab it showed that I had 2 cars in there and so I checked it out, it showed the Kart jr and and Hudson (0) it had the hudson logo. When I clicked on the car my PS3 froze. If it happens again I will post a picture

ok...this bugs me.. the description for Jimmie Johnson 2013 #48 says the fans refer to him as "Superman". I have neeeever heard any race fan refer to him as such. people mostly refer to him as 5 Time(now Six Pack). the only time I have heard anyone refer to Jimmie as superman was on the commontary. even then it was only in passing " You Don't tug on Supermans Cape." basically meaning you don't poke the bear,play with fire etc etc.

Ok, try this out guys.
Go onto apricot hill in the arcade mode, set it to 4 laps, set the track time to 23:50 and time change to 60, change the weather to 100% and track at start at 0%, race to lap 4 and look behind and voila...complete loss of vision entirely :/ Racing with just the minimap is fun!!!!!

a Naturally Aspirated version of the Series 1 was released in real life tho

But that's not the car that is in this game. The one in the game is the Series One Super Charged, and it doesn't belong in a naturally aspirated racing series

The Clubman - Kart Pokal 100 (National A) event on Kart Space I keeps crashing on me. Every time its done with loading my PS freezes. Can anybody confirm?

Edit: the one on GT Arena crashes too.

The Mercedes Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02 has no sound when you are not pressing the gas pedal. It sounds like an electric car as you downshift and brake thru turns. I used it for one of the German car only races.

edit, never mind it works now after reboot. Lots of sound glitches with the cars.

Last edited:
A little bit off topic but does anything in this game actually work properly at the moment? I don't remember GT5 being this poor at V.1.01
Yeah me to, with gt 5 i really didnt have any problems( not talking about shadows etc).
The big thing i didnt like was that it was limited in adjustable options for online racing etc.

But gt6?
Man im really dissapointed, this is what we get for 70 euros?
Pd only talks about updating things.
THEY SHOULDNT HAVE IN THE FIRST PLACE right?
Im ok with updates if there are bugs, but this is actually a half game!
All new basic functions must be present.
And then for the worse, you got those little kiddie fanboys defending pd!
Ive read a lot of post where people are saying things like:
No game is perfect, or what do you expect with a new game?
Bull!
Its like bying a new fridge and the salesman tells you that it only keep things cool, but doesnt freeze your food.
I would return it imediatly.

Oh i now whats the problem!
Im a winer lol!

Yeah me to, with gt 5 i really didnt have any problems( not talking about shadows etc).
The big thing i didnt like was that it was limited in adjustable options for online racing etc.

But gt6?
Man im really dissapointed, this is what we get for 70 euros?
Pd only talks about updating things.
THEY SHOULDNT HAVE IN THE FIRST PLACE right?
Im ok with updates if there are bugs, but this is actually a half game!
All new basic functions must be present.
And then for the worse, you got those little kiddie fanboys defending pd!
Ive read a lot of post where people are saying things like:
No game is perfect, or what do you expect with a new game?
Bull!
Its like bying a new fridge and the salesman tells you that it only keep things cool, but doesnt freeze your food.
I would return it imediatly.

Oh i now whats the problem!
Im a winer lol!

I think what has happened is that after the fiasco with GT5's release (which in itself wasn't 100% complete) Sony has forced PD to get GT6 launched before Christmas. So it seems PD hadn't managed to polish it up before it launched, which is where all these bugs are manifesting from. Undoubtedly they will fix these in updates, plus they will be adding a lot of free additional content as well as DLC.

However it still stands that with the current amount of issues, the game should probably not have launched for another week at least. I expect an update or patch to address them in time for Christmas.

The Volvo S60(lower detailed version) brake lights are barely noticeable till you are right on the cars bumper :/

The Nissan Skyline V-Spec II Nur the odometer is not set correctly. It is still reading 5710? miles.

I think what has happened is that after the fiasco with GT5's release (which in itself wasn't 100% complete) Sony has forced PD to get GT6 launched before Christmas. So it seems PD hadn't managed to polish it up before it launched, which is where all these bugs are manifesting from. Undoubtedly they will fix these in updates, plus they will be adding a lot of free additional content as well as DLC.

However it still stands that with the current amount of issues, the game should probably not have launched for another week at least. I expect an update or patch to address them in time for Christmas.
Thats my thought also, lets hope they fixx this asap!

I just posted this in another thread, but ill put here anyway,

First - the RA menu cant be mapped to a button anymore, its solely for the DFGT users now, meaning ABS 0 users cant alter recomended cars brake balances

And Secondly and very importantly, tonight my friend with a DFGT was able to overide the room setings ( all aids and ABS off ) with his DFGT RA menu button, thus turning ABS back on for himself and the traction control etc......

That second one is a huge problem if it wasnt a one off

I did a test for this & found ANYONE can change the AIDS in drivers options no matter what the host sets the room as. Quite disconcerting & huge oversight on PD's part.

There is a way to work around it. As the host, just have everyone on track & check the player list & it shows all the AIDS there are using. If good start the the race/qualification & make sure no-one backs out & changes anything.

Mine did it the 3rd time I played it, it hasn't done it anymore thankfully but I still wonder why it did it in the 1st place.
I have my PS3 set where it won't automatically start the game when I insert one. It wouldn't even show up when I tried to play it.

I feel this is a game issue and not a console issue. I hope there is an explanation for this.

Nope your not on your own i got home from game shop with my new game put it in and it never worked so took it back to shop got a new one and it still was "sticking" before loading Its working now but but cant be console issue i have the new super slim PS3 less than year old

I don't know if its a glitch/bug but here it is: Im using a G27 wheel and the Shifter... I had a Civic EG '92 and when I bought a Full Ajustable transmission,I just can't use the Shifter anymore,just the paddles,like the transmission went to sequential mode...

I don't know if its a glitch/bug but here it is: Im using a G27 wheel and the Shifter... I had a Civic EG '92 and when I bought a Full Ajustable transmission,I just can't use the Shifter anymore,just the paddles,like the transmission went to sequential mode...
Even though I use a T500 RS and TH8 shifter, it've happened for me as well, when I did the same on my Rocket. Looks like it's a general bug. :indiff:

Even though I use a T500 RS and TH8 shifter, it've happened for me as well, when I did the same on my Rocket. Looks like it's a general bug. :indiff:

Wow, looks like they finally payed attention. The full race trans IS a sequential trans.

Great to know, but it the Nissan GTR only paddle shift as well?

Umm, this happened when I tried to change the weather settings on Chamonix Main...

11274074786_d01d1a7e44_o.jpg

EDIT: So I found out if you change the weather on any Chamonix layout it does this then breaks the whole game so when you start a race it's all glitched out. I have had to restart the whole game to fix it.

Last edited:
Wow, looks like they finally payed attention. The full race trans IS a sequential trans.

Great to know, but it the Nissan GTR only paddle shift as well?
I can use my h-shift pattern, but the clutch doesn't work for me. I don't know how it is on the G27 though.

ok...this bugs me.. the description for Jimmie Johnson 2013 #48 says the fans refer to him as "Superman". I have neeeever heard any race fan refer to him as such. people mostly refer to him as 5 Time(now Six Pack). the only time I have heard anyone refer to Jimmie as superman was on the commontary. even then it was only in passing " You Don't tug on Supermans Cape." basically meaning you don't poke the bear,play with fire etc etc.
Your post made me laugh XD . PD got caught.

But anyway the reason I think of that is because sometimes minor flaws in discs might be a problem with the actual player (or game system as the case may be). As the optical reader might degrade for reading the disc, it could become more sensitive to problems with the given disc.
So I'm thinking that problems with the disc, might be yes, the disc, but also with the machine trying to play the disc in combination.

In short, I wouldn't rule out a problem with console, unfortunately.
You bring up an interesting point, I was kind of thinking the same thing, slight console problem, but I think the disc is a bigger problem though. ;)
@Sonygamer455: Like I said, more than likely a disc problem if you haven't had any problems since. Also, if other games work and also Blu-ray movies work, then again, probably the disc. I wouldn't worry about it unless it becomes a big problem and starts doing it again.
Yes I am concerned if gets worse....
Nope your not on your own i got home from game shop with my new game put it in and it never worked so took it back to shop got a new one and it still was "sticking" before loading Its working now but but cant be console issue i have the new super slim PS3 less than year old
Sounds like everybody's copies may be flawed.

Just had it happen again to today, twice! My dad tried to play it early in this morning and after lunch and it did it both times. I was at church so I don't entirely know what was going on the first time, but I was at there the second time and one thing I have noticed is it will do it about 4 or 5 times then start working again. Not sure what to do here.

@sems4arsenal It would be usefull if all what's found would be listed in the first post ? 💡

--------------------

I've got one error to report :

Mission Race IB-1 , the route illustration from start to finish in the in event menu screen has different finish line position that what it's in the actual mission.

In illustration the finish line is at (autumn ring) the exit of 3rd last corner (the corner after pit entry)
And in mission the finish line is next to the pit entry.

So , one corner missing from the mission or one corner too much in the illustration. :D

Latest Posts

Back