The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
Sorry if this has been said before but, in the last mission race of National A (or whatever it's called) with the C7 if you steer while the countdown is going on, you get disqualified which I think is stupid but can be quite amusing.

@sems4arsenal It would be usefull if all what's found would be listed in the first post ? 💡

--------------------

I've got one error to report :

Mission Race IB-1 , the route illustration from start to finish in the in event menu screen has different finish line position that what it's in the actual mission.

In illustration the finish line is at (autumn ring) the exit of 3rd last corner (the corner after pit entry)
And in mission the finish line is next to the pit entry.

So , one corner missing from the mission or one corner too much in the illustration. :D

Could very well do this, but will take time seeing as it's early days so there's lots of glitches, will still need to check which ones are one off glitches and which are more general as well.

Will try to compile a list soon.

Im having a problem where my tune for my BRZ is not saving. Once i close the game and restart it, all my car settings get renamed as GARG and are defaulted.

I've also had my save corrupt and have everything EXCEPT my cars. I restored the backup and am back up and running except for losing out on a few events i completed.

Hmm I don't like that. Wish we had some warning about this. Plus you can only change your name twice.
I was not happy about it either when I joined a room and discovered it. I don't have a problem if my name is displayed to my friends but I don't want my last name being shown to a bunch of random people.

Sorry if this has been said before but, in the last mission race of National A (or whatever it's called) with the C7 if you steer while the countdown is going on, you get disqualified which I think is stupid but can be quite amusing.
That happened to me in the GTR mission

Do not post the glitching video describing the exploit for credits here.

You bring up an interesting point, I was kind of thinking the same thing, slight console problem, but I think the disc is a bigger problem though. ;)
Yes I am concerned if gets worse....
Sounds like everybody's copies may be flawed.

Just had it happen again to today, twice! My dad tried to play it early in this morning and after lunch and it did it both times. I was at church so I don't entirely know what was going on the first time, but I was at there the second time and one thing I have noticed is it will do it about 4 or 5 times then start working again. Not sure what to do here.

I'm almost 100% certain that it is a disc issue because two of my friends that picked up their copies the same time I did, from the same store, have had the same problem. My one friends disc wouldn't load at all after many times of trying so he took it back to GameStop. They tested it and it wouldn't load on their machine either so they refunded him his money. He went to Walmart and picked up a copy and has had no problems since. This tells me that it is a disc issue without a doubt. I myself had another incident this morning on startup. Cleaned the disc anyway and she took right off with no problems since.

is this not a glitching errors thread??? just wondering not trying to get on youre bad side just asking

There's "glitches" which are fine to talk about, then there's "glitching" or "exploiting" or "hacking," which are synonymous, and are not fine to talk about here.

Last edited by a moderator:
One more error / oddity I've countered :

In Recommended Cars , the E92 M3 (BMW Motorsport) '10 and M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '11 can be found at Touring Cars and Le Mans .

I'm almost 100% certain that it is a disc issue because two of my friends that picked up their copies the same time I did, from the same store, have had the same problem. My one friends disc wouldn't load at all after many times of trying so he took it back to GameStop. They tested it and it wouldn't load on their machine either so they refunded him his money. He went to Walmart and picked up a copy and has had no problems since. This tells me that it is a disc issue without a doubt. I myself had another incident this morning on startup. Cleaned the disc anyway and she took right off with no problems since.
I believe your right and I believe it is only a matter of time before reports all the world go around and I am sure Polyphony Digital will take notice of it. ;)

EDIT: And there it goes yet again. :rolleyes: However I just turned my console off and then on again and it worked. It usually takes 4 or 5 tries but this only took one. interesting....

Last edited:
There's "glitches" which are fine to talk about, then there's "glitching" or "exploiting" or "hacking," which are synonymous, and are not fine to talk about here.

This sounds very sinister. Is this something that can hurt the GT6 servers?

Found this one to.

It says it's a 400pp cup, but in entry requirements you can have 500pp

ezeou9.jpg

There are lots of races like this. If you read the description, it says "cars with around 400PP compete", so if it's over or under, that's fine. It's still a beginner race. I remember winning most of these while being well under the "around 400PP".

Was it for the moon or Goodwood? I don't think you can fast forward those replays.
No, it didn't work anywhere. I've reinstalled the game and now it works though. Good thing it's only version 1.01, not 1.25 and 8 gigs of patches to reinstall :lol:

:irked: Problems I've had:

- When I crash into the wall the volume of all other sounds goes way down. The slowly turn up again.

- Many cars over steer. I don't know if it's tire physics or cars are way more sensitive in GT6 compared to GT5. Barely any grip at all with sports tires.

- Braking is much more sensitive than in GT5.

Anyone else agree? Disagree?

I also use a G27 wheel with ABS at 1 and all aids off.

My GT6 keeps crashing. V. 1.01. Then it crash my system. I had to erase the hard drive, reset my PS3 and re-install my back up to make it work again. I tried to restart GT6 again and it did the same thing and I had to reset the PS3 again. I have an original 20 gig Fat PS3 with a 500 HDD. After the 2nd time I wanted to check if it was an overheating issue and played GT5 for 5 hours without a problem, this was after 8 hours or more of it on doing the fixes. Any Help would be appreciated.

DB

- Many cars over steer. I don't know if it's tire physics or cars are way more sensitive in GT6 compared to GT5. Barely any grip at all with sports tires.

- Braking is much more sensitive than in GT5.

Those are not bugs, you just tell us what you don't like.

I hope it only turns out to be this combo, but I used the S2000 on the National A Willow Springs night race, and it was WAY TOO DARK! There was no sign of any headlight illumination, but it was apparently there. When I turned high beams off, I could see them disable way off in the distance, further than what would seem right. Racing with the S2000 on Mount Panorama and Matterhorn was fine.

Willow Springs could use some lights for night time racing too.......

DB

- When I crash into the wall the volume of all other sounds goes way down. The slowly turn up again.

I've had this happen several times, my car sounds either get really soft or go away altogether for 5-20 seconds or so. A couple times I had another hard impact shortly after they went quiet and it caused the sounds to suddenly reappear.

I don't know if it's just me but, I'm starting to get that sinking feeling that we are being used as beta testers (just like a few others and myself felt with GT5). It's like Polyphony just don't have the resources or time to carry such work. I don't want to be negative, I really don't, but without the community here snags would never get discovered and hopefully resolved.

I noticed that for the Electric Circuits race series, you can use the Teslas and Fisker Karma but not the CR-Z. Odd.

Im having a problem where my tune for my BRZ is not saving. Once i close the game and restart it, all my car settings get renamed as GARG and are defaulted.

I've also had my save corrupt and have everything EXCEPT my cars. I restored the backup and am back up and running except for losing out on a few events i completed.
This happened to me by reducing power (power limiter) It is annoying
I also lost all my cars in the garage a little after that; not sure it is related but who knows... This "Garg" thing is strange

CR-Z is not electric, it's a hybrid, like a Prius.
Uses an electric motor though, but you don't have to plug it in.

Also, this might have already been mentioned but there's a bug when you are following behind an AI car they will skip back a bit, sometimes this results in me hitting the back of them. Quite annoying.

Back